276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Samsung Odyssey G7 Series 27-Inch WQHD (2560x1440) Gaming Monitor, 240Hz, Curved, 1ms, HDMI, G-Sync, FreeSync Premium Pro (LC27G75TQSNXZA)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In SDR mode, we were impressed with the C32G75T’s image both with and without the local dimming feature. When it’s off, the contrast ratio is still over 2,000:1, which puts it ahead of any IPS monitor. Engaged, it ups dynamic range to around 4,000:1 for a visible difference. To do this, set it to On rather than Auto. If you only want local dimming for HDR, set it to Auto. In either case, color is exemplary being both accurate and well saturated. The P3 gamut coverage is enough that you will see a significant improvement over an sRGB monitor. Great input lag and insane refresh rate headroom with VRR & Adaptive Sync. Competitive games like CS:GO and Valorant are a delight.

Stand is very good sturdy and can move the monitor in any direction. Hinge is so perfect. Wall mount Admin said:The Samsung Odyssey G7 C32G75T 32-inch gaming monitor has an extreme 1000R curve and other premium specs to match, resulting in competition-level gaming performance with low input lag. curve is agressive and will take some time to getting used to. This montior is only for gaming and media consumption. You will be disappointed if you expect to do productivity tasks. The Samsung Odyssey G7 marks a number of firsts in the world of gaming monitors. It’s the first monitor we’ve seen to feature a dramatic 1000R curvature and the first with a VA (Vertical Alignment) panel that boasts a 1ms GTG (grey to grey) response time. Poor screen calibration out of the box. I have a colorimeter (you could also use ICC profile from rtings) to get accurate image out of it.

This is the one of the best HDR monitors in the LCD (VA panel) technology having Full array local dimming with 1196 local dimming zones. I have an OLED TV (LG C9) and also own 4K and 2K LG (Ultragear) monitors. So I can easily identify and compare HDR performance. In this menu, you can also adjust headphone volume, set a power-off timer and control the lighting effects. You can also set the USB ports to remain active when the power’s off to charge devices. Recommended Calibration Settings Overall great monitor for gaming and watching movies but 1000R curve is polarizing, I feel good with the curve. Its depends upon personal preferences. Got it in 45999 INR which is bonkus A1000R curve! Really!? This probably is Samsung's way of compensating for the abysmal viewing angles of its VA panel. There's still some vignetting at the edges. This also rendered my (branded) monitor lamp obsolete, so now I have get a new curved unbranded lamp. Not the best form for productivity too as things look warped, I was so annoyed by this that I booked a return within an hour of setting up and then cancelled it after a day because of dearth of good non-OLED HDR monitors in India. I think I'll get used to this over time, but really 1800R would've been just perfect. The only redeeming quality is that the games still look great with this curve. The Odyssey G7 we’re testing here is a pretty big thing. It measures 31.5in across the diagonal and the large v-shaped stand is a substantial 30cm deep. It’s also available as a 27in monitor with the same resolution and features.

We’ve always been fans of the 32-inch, 16:9 format. The C32G75T is just like that, only curved. You’d think a 1000mm radius would be extreme, and it is, but it doesn’t call as much attention to itself as the photos suggest. Working on documents was just as easy as if the screen were flat. At a 2 or 3-foot viewing distance, image distortion wasn’t noticeable. Other less exciting features include customisable RGB lighting at the rear surrounding the pivot point on the stand and shining down from the bottom edge of the panel. This is, thankfully, pretty subtle and can be disabled entirely if you wish. It comes with DP to DP cable which is useful when I connect it with my Desktop. As I stay far from my

A stunning 32in gaming monitor with great colours, an ultra smooth 240Hz refresh rate and an immersive 1000R curve

The Odyssey’s VA panel has a matte finish, which all but eliminates the worst glare and, in normal use without the fancy HDR mode enabled, it delivers excellent image quality. The viewing angles are poor so you need to be seated dead center and of course you can't sit any other way because of the effing curve. So I have been looking for a monitor with True HDR capabilities and finally found the perfect one. Behold the Samsung 32 Odyssey Neo (4K, 165 Hz). The stand is substantial. There’s is a bit of wobble at the pivot point, but no more than one would expect from such a large panel. Adjustments include 4.7 inches of height, 15 degree swivel to either side, 9/13 degree tilt and a portrait mode. We’re not sure when one would use a 1000R curved monitor in portrait mode, but if you think of a reason, this is one of the only such screens that can do it.

If you want a high refresh rate for buttery-smooth graphics or to give you an edge in competitive titles like Apex Legends and Call Of Duty: Warzone then you're usually limited to a 1080p resolution. On the flip side, anyone wanting to enjoy crazy 4K graphics on games like Red Dead Redemption 2 will have to reel in that refresh rate to something around the 60Hz mark,

Samsung's new 1440p gaming panel is utterly brilliant but a tiny bit b0rked

Loadedaxe said:Nope! too much for a 2560x1440 Monitor, I don't care how good it is. Maybe 2 years ago, but not today. READ NEXT: The best monitors to buy right now Samsung Odyssey G7 32in review: What you get for the money Weigh's close to 8Kgs without stand - way too heavy for the VESA stand to bear it. Neither is the supplied stand good enough as it wobbles with the slightest touch and also takes up a lot of space on the desk. Only OLED panels can outdo the HDR performance this monitor offers, however OLED monitors have their own set of problems (burn-in) for PC applications (static content). And there’s also a hook that can be folded out at the rear of the stand, which is handy for keeping your headset out of the way and your desk free of clutter. Samsung Odyssey G7 32in review: What’s image quality like?

also provides pretty weak pixel density at 32 inches, but I find most games are pretty forgiving in this respect, and the increase to 32 inches is well worth it if you can stomach the less sharp visuals in desktop work. (Especially since you can supersample your games for a sharper image, provided you have enough GPU horsepower). Don't believe in Display 400 or 600 HDR certifications from other monitor brands. They mostly use edge lit dimming or have fewer localdimming zones (typically less than10 to 100) There is a good argument that anything over 144Hz is excessive given how little different you'll see in the jump between 144-240Hz, but with the latest graphics cards from Nvidia and AMD powering gaming PCs you can expect many low-demand titles easily smashing past 144fps. Whether you'd actually notice the difference is an open question, but you'll have the peace of mind knowing that if you're hitting up to 240fps in your favorite game then your monitor is keeping up. The responsiveness of the panel is equally impressive. With its 1ms GTG response time (unusually fast for a VA panel), and 240Hz refresh rate, there’s absolutely no smearing or blurring to be seen at all. Design and FeaturesIf you’ve seen any of Samsung’s monitors from the past few years, the Odyssey G7 will look familiar. Its bezel is nearly frameless, with just a bit of plastic protruding out from the panel, and its two-legged stand boasts height, tilt, and swivel adjustments, with LED lighting at the pivot point. Unlike other Samsung monitors, it also has a bit of lighting along the bottom bezel, giving it just a bit more of a gamer aesthetic. It doesn’t have as many color options as typical RGB gear, and it won’t sync with the lights in your PC, but it has enough available colors that you can probably get it to match, with a few cool effects for that extra bit of flair (like breathing or rainbow). The Odyssey G7 looks good, though the stand is very deep, so make sure you have enough room on your desk – the 32” model requires about a foot of space from the edge.

Fantastic performance and unbeatable design

The C32G75T comes set to its Custom picture mode, where all image controls are available. Despite our efforts, we could not improve upon the already excellent picture quality and accuracy. The only thing we changed was the sharpness slider, which needed to be reduced to 56 to remove a slight ringing effect. In HDR mode, you can adjust brightness; we maxed it and set Local Dimming to Auto for an excellent HDR image.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment