276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Mind Manual: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER: Mental Fitness Tools for Everyone (Dr Alex George)

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We know that too often young people can’t get the help they need until they hit crisis point – and there’s much more work to do to ensure that help is available earlier on, through schools, communities and the NHS. We hope that today’s meeting will be an important step towards ensuring every child who is struggling with their mental health can get the support they need.” When you’ve got a bank holiday weekend and a lot people are sat in a beer garden – that is a challenge. Because even if you’re not addicted to alcohol, and you’re just a part of the British culture, you’ll feel challenges of not drinking in those times. Dr Alex is on a mission to empower us to make our own health choices, take positive control and feel equipped and inspired to make those small changes today that energise and future-proof for life. He adds: "Grief is with us for life. It’s never OK that person has died." But we can find ways to "organise" that grief in our minds. By 2021 he had signed up for the King’s College Master’s course in Public Health with its focus on mental health. He lobbied the Government on child mental health capacity during the pandemic. He started to write books, first, Live Well, Every Day, then, A Better Day (a mental health primer for kids) and the one being discussed today, The Mind Manual.

The Mind Manual by Dr. Alex George | Waterstones

George passionately believes that “we must change the idea of what it is to be masculine. You can follow female leadership, you can learn from women, you can show your sensitivities, you don't have to be strong all the time and act like bullets bounce off you.” He will play an important role in shaping children’s mental health education and support in schools

It’s made a really huge difference," George says. "I get to bed at 9pm every night, I wake up at 6am, I listen to music, I play music, I go to the gym, I spend quality time with a small number of people – I’ve developed really, really strong boundaries about how I spend my time and who I spend it with." (Andrew Burton/PA) History Makers: Female Writers Dominate the 2023 William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award Shortlist The NHS, in collaboration with the Department for Education, has also overseen the introduction of over 180 Mental Health Support Teams in England, with more currently in training.

Alex George: Five months of sobriety has made a ‘huge Dr Alex George: Five months of sobriety has made a ‘huge

It has been a tough year, but the NHS is here for children’s mental health, and with the help of Dr Alex and our partners in health, education and charities, we will keep working hard to make sure every child in this country get the mental health support that they deserve.It was really great to speak with both the Prime Minister and Dr Alex George this morning. I am pleased that they are committed to fighting such an important issue and hope that the insights of young people can help them bring about the most effective change.”

Alex George meet with young people to talk - Mind PM and Dr Alex George meet with young people to talk - Mind

It’s a topic he explores in his latest book, The Mind Manual, on the mental fitness foundations to give us all a boost – just in time for Mental Health Awareness Week (May 15-21) – including how to hold better boundaries and why mistakes are part of life. Dr. Alex is an A&E doctor and has been a passionate online campaigner for children’s mental health since he tragically lost his brother to suicide last year.Read Mind Control Manual: Vital Concepts About Mind Control, Cults and Psychopaths by Dr. David Mc Dermott with a free trial. Read millions of eBooks and Mind has a confidential information and support line, Mind Infoline, available on 0300 123 3393 (lines open 9am - 6pm, Monday – Friday); mind.org.uk In 2018 George was a 27-year-old A&E houseman at Lewisham Hospital, on two months unpaid leave so he could take up a place as a contestant on a popular reality television show, ‘Love Island’. Among the perma-tanned Essex boys, with their acid white teeth, was this handsome young medic with a kind face, “our dreamboat doctor”, as the programme hype went. Set in a sun-drenched villa, the ‘work’ entails living in swimwear and going on dates to find a potential love match. On top of this there is the problem of, as he says, “How we build our boys.” In his book he reflects on how we are all born the same, but men are chiselled by ideas of what masculinity is. The 32-year-old quit his A&E doctor job 18 months ago to focus on bringing the public accessible health advice, often on TV – including Channel 4’s Naked Education – and five months ago, he cut out booze too.

Mind Manual by Alex George, Alex George DOWNLOADS The Mind Manual by Alex George, Alex George

But it wasn’t this that turned the social media influencer and A&E doctor into one of the most prominent and influential mental health campaigners working in this country today.

We discuss antidepressants, their efficacy and over-prescription. George is not against them. He says his #postyourpill campaign, which asks people to take a selfie with their medication, is anti-stigma and not pro-medication.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment