276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Batman the Imposter

£10.125£20.25Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Instead of using an ostentatious vehicle like the Batmobile, Batman gets around Gotham inconspicuously using an elaborate network of ziplines and hidden motorcycles. Even this isn't inconspicuous enough, however, since the GCPD finds and confiscates many of the motorcycles and cuts the ziplines. Certainly doing something that was very grounded, and something that was a detective story, that is something I'm very interested in," he said. "But honestly, I think that it might have come from a tweet. You know, the internet goes wild, and one of the memes that was going around is something like 'Bruce Wayne would rather dress up as a bat and beat people up than go to therapy.' And I just thought, that's kind of awesome. Let's send him to therapy! And I hadn't quite seen that in a really head on kind of way before. I love Batman: Earth One for this reason, because it felt so real. It just kind of felt like there’s room for some more of those…[and] the movie is so much Matt Reeves, and there’s ideas that I was having that don’t apply to the movie. So I found myself wondering what would just my version look like? What are some of the things that I would do?

Adaptational Angst Upgrade: Due to Bruce's somewhat different circumstances from most other interpretations, he has no close friends or support system, since Alfred quit when he was a child, and Gordon was fired from the GCPD for working with him. He was a highly disturbed child diagnosed with OCD and acute anxiety, who was prone to violent outbursts. As an adult, he remains an emotionally damaged individual, who falls in love with Blair Wong, but has no qualms about manipulating her to gather intel from the GCPD's investigation of Batman. His therapy sessions with Leslie do help him to an extent but by the end he hasn't changed that much, and his circumstances as Batman have gotten even worse since the authorities and the public still view him as a dangerous vigilante at best and a serial killer at worst. Batman: The Imposter – A Three-Issue Prestige Format Series Offering Up a Unique Vision of Gotham’s Dark Knight! That’s about as descriptive as I would get in my writing. Sometimes Andrea would take all of that and add to it in a way that really kind of made it mindbogglingly way more awesome. Other times he would take none of it and instead come up with something 1000 times better. There was never ever, ever a time where I had written something and Andrea delivered something worse. The script was always the worst thing about this thing. Holland, Dustin (October 18, 2021). "DC's Batman: The Imposter #1 Comic Review". Comic Book Resources . Retrieved February 17, 2022.Set in the early years of Batman's career, the story grew out of Tomlin's experiences working on the script for writer/director Matt Reeves' upcoming The Batman, which tells its own story of the crimefighter's early battles. For Tomlin, who wasn't part of the entire writing process on the film, it was an exercise in generating a lot of ideas, but not necessarily having a way to fit them all on the screen. So, he turned to another medium. Bryan, Carl (2021-12-15). "Review: Batman: The Imposter #3". DC Comics News . Retrieved 2022-11-24. This is such an intense book, but do you think there’s ever a point in this character’s career where Batman becomes well adjusted? Where he’s able to make peace with some of these more troublesome elements of himself, but is still able to continue his career? Because all through The Imposter, Leslie Tompkins is making appeals to Bruce Wayne as a “force of nature.” I don’t know that I’ve seen that before. Is there a point where these two elements can resolve but Batman can continue to be Batman? Or does Batman only exist if those two things are in conflict?

Parental Abandonment: Bruce Wayne, of course. Both of Blair Wong’s parents were also murdered in front of her when she was a child. When director Matt Reeves was first developing his upcoming reboot The Batman, he co-wrote the script with Mattson Tomlin, who is a filmmaker in his own right, having written and directed his debut feature Mother/Android. Although Tomlin remains uncredited on The Batman, his involvement led to him writing his own Batman comic for DC Comics, working alongside with one of the best artists working today, Andrea Sorrentino. The story is an Elseworld of a kind with a younger Batman so there are a few discrepancies with the regular series. It is very dark indeed, with a lonely Bruce Wayne consumed with the inner rage he fights to control and who chases after the imposter threatening to ruin what he’s built as Batman. The story provides an engaging mystery as Wong and Bruce Wayne, as well as Wong and Batman, try to find the imposter committing murders and disgracing the reputation of Batman.So much of what [Reeves] was doing was already set," Tomlin told SYFY WIRE. "And I spent so much time thinking about Batman that year, that I kind of felt like, 'Man, I have all of these ideas, and kind of things I would have done, or ways to go that just never applied to the movie, because it was its own thing.' And I ended up calling the folks at DC Films and kind of sheepishly asking them, 'Hey, I'm really interested in comic books. I actually really, really loved the 'books. So is there anybody at DC that I could talk to?' And they were very, very generous, and they set me right up." What I find amazing is the level of detail with the world building that you’ve put in place here, whether it’s determining where these villains are in their evolution, or just where Gotham City is, in relation to having a Batman. There’s there’s a lot of stuff in here about the economic consequences of what happens when there’s somebody like Batman operating. There are hints of a class war element, there’s graffiti that speaks to very timely, real world elements. Is there a Bible for the world that you’ve created? How much of the previous two years of Batman’s life do you already have in your head? Rolph, Ben (July 14, 2021). "Batman: The Imposter Will Feature DC's Grittiest Dark Knight Yet". Screen Rant . Retrieved February 17, 2022. Batman: The Imposter is really good Batman. If you've seen The Batman, this graphic novel follows a similar vein: a gritty exploration of early-stage Batman as he struggles to define his role in Gotham City. Mirroring seems to be a theme in this story: the Imposter is Batman without his moral code, and Wong is Bruce without his money/desire to mete out vigilante justice, although neither seem to be presented as options we should be favouring. Because what Bruce and Batman are in this book instead is kind of a boring alternative to both: humourless, dull, and quite one-dimensional overall - effective though, apparently.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment