276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Revell 30ml Decal Soft

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It's only one more step in the process and the final desired finish can be achieved with a final coat of a suitable varnish. I use Microsol most of the time, but do keep a bottle of Solvaset handy for decals that won't comply. If you are applying decals to a reasonably flat surface with little fine detail, you probably do not need solvent.

How to Apply Decals Correctly Scale Model Tips – How to Apply Decals Correctly

You’ll want to use it even if your decal has been applied to a flat surface, as it will help the decal to adhere to any uneven spots, and will help prevent air gaps. The secure server layer (SSL) encrypts (scrambles) all of the information you enter before it is transmitted over the Internet and sent to us. The privacy policies of these linked sites are the responsibility of the linked site and House of Hobbies has no control or influence over their policies. Decals provide a nice touch of colour, detail, and authenticity to your model, which is especially important for models such as classic planes, or famed Formula 1 racing cars.

As for acetone, well, better test it on something painted with whatever you used on your model first! As you come to the end of a scale model build, you often have a few decisions to make – do you go for a polished finish, or a more weathered look? You might be able to mitigate silvering by piercing a decal with a needle or the end of a scalpel blade and flooding it with a decal solution, but again, there is no guarantee.

Decals | Scale Models Forums Decals | Scale Models Forums

Nicely explained Dave thanks, it's about the surface being smooth, and since I've brush painted it (not too smoothly ha) i'll definitely be getting the humbrol clear, and the micro set eventually. Swap tips and techniques, show your latest builds/WIPs, post kit reviews and discuss the latest kits! Due to the softening effect, the decal can be optimally adapted to the contours of the model with a firm brush. As always, model making is as much about follow instructions as it is about following your own creativity.The latest discussion I could find on this was three years old so I decided rather than replying to it I would start a new topic. First, although Microsol is not the strongest solution available it can be too much for some decals. Water-slide or transfer decals are quite common, and are made up of the decal, a water-soluble adhesive, and backing paper. Some folks ad a tiny drop of detergent to improve wetting, others use both a drop of detergent and setting solutions.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment