276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dark Harvest (*LARGE PRINT)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Finally another star lost due the ending, it felt rushed and uninspired, with some clear issues that I won't mention due spoilers, but to be honest, was a let down, it looked like the author run out of pages and have to finish the book. It feels like instead of a story outline the next trope from TVtropes was selected and a scene built around this. It’s a far cry from the speculative fiction of big names such as Neal Stephenson who build out every possible tangent while progressing the plot at a snail’s pace. In the early days of the Cold War, a group of Russian hikers stumbles into a cave in the Ural Mountains, unknowingly stirring up an ancient virus that has been preserved in the cold. Having always enjoyed a passion for storytelling, he began writing short stories from a young age, eventually moving up to full-length novels and the publication of his first Ryan Drake novel in 2012.

I got emotional as the characters discovered the bad guy, the motivations, and the potential solutions. Along the way he uncovers a plot to unleash it on the world, obliterating the vast majority of humanity on purpose, proving that someone has spent WAY too much time on Twitter. The sight of the village and the dead people, shocks the team as they are witness to a zombie apocalypse, people madly running and screaming, blood spurting from their bodies, violently attacking and savaging one another, and beginning to swarm the investigating team. It’s like a zombie apocalypse as not all the villagers are dead and they swarm the investigating team.A suspenseful, gripping read that transported me into the freezing mountains and had me guessing to the end. Sixty years later, in the present day, the virus appears again in the Middle East, this time as a bioweapon that briefly turns people into pseudo-zombies before they croak. A fabulous novel from Will Jordan after the Ryan Drake series and hope to see many more such explosive machinations from the author. This book is definitely for action-thriller lovers-- from shootouts in Iraq to close quarter combat in the snowy mountains of Russia, the action never seems to end. This might put people off at first, but what if the film were improved, brought down a notch and had its narrative carefully crafted?

Instead, the author chose to create two characters that have fairly simple motivations and they act in accordance with those motivations throughout. It also made a pleasant change from serial killers, abusive husbands, revenge plots and locked room mysteries. Dark Harvest is competently written, but I think I expected a bit more given how Jordan expertly identifies the issues with other people's work. Cameron Becker, former army ranger and CID is now a private military contractor (PMC) in Iraq charged with ferrying Russian businessman, Belikov, into the green (safe) zone in Baghdad. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.While I have tried (and rejected) his main Ryan Drake series, I thought this one was really damn good. She’s the one who explains it to Becker (and the reader) along the way, but that’s not all her character does for the story. Dark Harvest has a decent mix of military action that readers of Jordan's work would come to expect, as well as tendrils within historical events. It has a very cinematic sort of style to its high-octane narrative that works well and makes it a dynamic read.

g. we know that in an outbreak its unlikely that all countries are going to have the same responses / co-operate with the WHO. To support himself during his degree he worked a number of part time jobs, one of which was as an extra in television and feature films. There was a proper book about it, even a speculative movie adaptation about it, and now there’s this…tangentially connected bombastic thriller. Becker along with a WHO doctor, Lori Dalton must prevent the biochemical attack before it's too late. Is there ANY computer nerd out there who hasn’t been caught hacking a super secret government site and been given the choice of working for The Man or going to prison?If anything, I would like to let you know most of us were delighted with the limited horror scenes, so it would be fantastic if you could work on more of those. Not quite as desired or expected for this specific reader, but plenty of thrills for others, likely. Characters spend an inordinate amount of time (or at least it certainly feels that way), explaining and re-explaining the same situation for every new character that comes along. He has a familiar pedigree for this kind of story, a modern techno-thriller that doesn’t rely on any speculative elements to carry the worldbuilding.

La compré por su autor, Will Jordan, un escritor escocés con más de diez novelas publicadas, y sobre todo conocido por su faceta de crítico de películas y series a través de su alter ego “The Critical Drinker”. From that point, Becker and Dalton are chasing after the virus in an effort to prevent it from being unleashed on the world.

Opposite Becker is Lori Dalton, an epidemiologist tasked with figuring out how to contain and counteract this horrible virus. This book got me interested in the Dyatlov Pass tragedy and I thought the way it was worked into the story was fascinating.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment