276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Iron Man: Demon In A Bottle TPB

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

said, "The fall and rise of a hero is a classic plot, and it’s seldom been better used in the graphic narrative medium and never bettered in the super-hero field. Este tomo recopila 9 revistas de la colección del personaje, historias que llevan al mítico "Demonio en una botella".

Tony non riesce proprio a restare sobrio, e la sua caduta nell'abisso comune a tutti gli alcolizzati è descritta molto bene, fin troppo realisticamente. Iron Man faces his most untouchable foe in criminal industrialist Justin Hammer and his literal army of super-villains! I've read a good bit of Iron Man canon, and a lot of Iron Man in the 12413531251325 recent books he's been in, but for some reason I'd never gotten around to "Demon in a Bottle. Iron Man confronts and fights Namor, before it's revealed that the soldiers actually belong to the Roxxon Oil Corporation, which is secretly occupying the island to mine the vibranium it contains.

I will say that even though it was a slow burn, I felt that watching Tony's life slowly dissolve around him, causing him to run away and hide through the use of alcohol was really well done. Speaking of fat men, they also decide to retell Iron Man's origin but this time a little fat man is the master mind. But can the Armored Avenger overcome an even more implacable personal demon, invulnerable to technology or wealth?

Tony Stark being a recovering alcoholic is a very big part of the character in the modern day and it is something that I think is one of the most interesting twist on a character like this. Colonel Fury threatening to take Stark's technology away from him becomes a little bit more important later on. With the help of Bethany he understands that he's addicted to alcohol and he tries to overcome his addiction. There are some parts that are good but overall it just feels like a bloated mess, Tony isn't really an alcoholic throughout the whole thing.and that the one and a half issues that ACTUALLY deal with the "demon in the bottle" (sure there is foreshadowing, but to describe this collection as a whole as dealing with alcoholism is just plain false) were emotionally gripping and character-enriching. But all these events took a terrible toll on Stark as he starts drinking even more and he snapped at his faithful butler Jarvis which leds to him to resign as Tony Stark's butler.

What else does this offer, a Mary Jane clone and some cool villains who are treated like incompetent idiots. Hammer escapes, and Iron Man flies into the air and crashes down, damaging the island and causing it to sink. Angered that he lost a lucrative bid to Stark International, Hammer, with the aid of scientists in his employ, took control of Iron Man's armor and forced him to kill the ambassador in an attempt to ruin the reputation of the company. A comparison of this collection with his recent work on Spider-Man clearly shows the elements of his style that he's kept, developed, or discarded.While flying home, Iron Man's armor begins to malfunction, sending him flying uncontrollably through the sky and crash landing. In fact, I was refreshed to see that Iron Man's first issue got that sort of treatment within this very book! Because it came out as a monthly comic back in the late 70s, in almost every issue they need to give a short recap of the things that happened in the previous issues. By the beginning of the 21st century, Tony had been sober for years, a fact that Scarlet Witch preyed on during Avengers Dissambled (2004) in which she manipulated Stark’s mind to make him feel and act inebriated, which immediately concerned his fellow Avengers. A brilliant tale for Iron Man fans, and a must read for anyone even remotely interested in the man, the suit, or the mythos.

By definition, a hero is a man who battles against overwhelming odds for a cause, an ideal, or for the lives of innocents. Though I'm not a graphic artist, I'm fascinated by the obvious artistic journey JRJR has been on, and I imagine art students and future comic artists would benefit from observing it too.

From a modern lens, Tony’s alcoholism plays a bit like an after-school special in which Tony’s abuse quickly turns to addiction and then sobriety. After reading him on books like Daredevil and the more recent World War Hulk, I can't see what I've come to identify as JRJR's style in here ANYWHERE. Recommended for Marvel fans, folks new to Iron Man (there would be no movie if there had not first been stories like this one) and anyone who's ever obsessed over something, even comic books. There are a lot of coincidences throughout this that just happen randomly like how does Hammer know Tony's underwater or does he know that he's got his hand on a fat man. Stark is failing to take on either of these problems well and as he fails his dependency on alcohol becomes stronger which causes him to make even more bad decisions that could have been easily-solved if he was sober.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment