276°
Posted 20 hours ago

UniFormation 8K Resin 3D Printer GKtwo 10.3'' LCD Photocuring Resin Printer with Build-in Heating System & Odor Filter, Large Build Volume 228 * 128*H245mm

£444.5£889.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As you might have seen in the previous pictures, the screen has some tabs on the sides. These tabs are used for attaching the 700ml Resin Vat to the printer. This is a much easier way to deal with the resin vat as you aren’t required to fiddle with screws like on other machines.

Interestingly enough, UniFormation is the first company I’ve seen that includes a fork of PrusaSlicer with a resin 3D printer, and this slicer even includes the little Jo Prusa Clippy mascot at the bottom of the interface.The ability to lift the lid upwards without having to remove the cover separately is both practical and time-saving. However, a damper for the lid would be a useful addition, especially if you only have one hand free and want to close the printer. Finally, the test was completed with the Leoric Bust from Fotis Mint printed at the same time as Sauron. This means that a full plate was easily completed by the printer and It came out great from the first try. After a few hours of troubleshooting work, the problem was solved by leveling the plate with about 10 sheets of A4 paper between the plate and the screen. Using a single piece of paper with the small paper tabs recommended by UniFormation didn’t allow me to get a good result. It can take longer to reach a specified temperature, depending on the environmental conditions. There’s also a mention in the manual that if the environment temperature is too low, the temperature set might not reach the one selected. This is due to the fact that the printer doesn’t have a dedicated vat heating solution, but I believe it’s not a very big issue, considering that 25C to 30C should be something that you can reach without too much trouble. Carbon Air Filter The details are crisp, and even tiny features like the transitions in the monocular held by the pirate are readily discernible and could be further post-processed or painted. The parrot on the shoulder of the pirate captain has visible feathers, an impressive feat for a miniature printed at this scale. The wood paneling on the 32mm base is also readily apparent, and small inclusions like the rope on another 32mm base resolved nicely. Comparison of UniFormation GKtwo vs. Anycubic Photon Mono M5s

I am extremely satisfied with the curing station. Apart from the slight limitation in height and the minimal criticism regarding the operation, I can unreservedly recommend the Curing Station from UniFormation. High Compatibility] GKtwo is compatible with Chitubox and UniFormation slicer. We strongly recommend UniFormation Prusa to access the latest preset profiles by Uniformation engineers. If the printer is in constant use, the filter should be replaced every 15 days to ensure optimal air quality. With the print surface leveled with 10 sheets of paper, I was finally able to get a perfect result, and you can see this in the Sauron Bust from Fotis Mint. All the intricate detail that was added to this model came out great, and overall the print looks amazing. There are small blemishes caused by my washing stations having some leftovers from the previous wash, but that’s my fault.

Customer Reviews

After the print is finished, you can take the build plate of the GKTWO and simply move it to the washing station to start the cleaning process, but you can also remove the prints first, and then put them inside the basket included with the unit. We asked our product tester Lukas to take a close look at three UniFormation devices. In his report, you will find out what he particularly likes about the devices, what he doesn't really like and what suggestions he would have for improvement. Have fun while reading!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment