276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Be As You Are: The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi (Compass)

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Know that the eradication of the identification with the body is charity, spiritual austerity and ritual sacrifice; it is virtue, divine union and devotion; it is heaven, wealth, peace and truth; it is grace; it is the state of divine silence; it is the deathless death; it is jnana, renunciation, final liberation and bliss. The disturbance is due to the arising of thoughts in the individual, which is only the ego rising up from pure consciousness. I answer, ‘Why being in the hall did you imagine you were on a world adventure, crossing hill and dale, desert and sea?

Always it was followed by the feeling, the indubitable conviction, that one had been taken up by Sri Bhagavan, that henceforth he was in charge, he was guiding. Beginners in self-enquiry were advised by Sri Ramana to put their attention on the inner feeling of 'I' and to hold that feeling as long as possible.There is only ever one answer to the many questions and it is repeated in many different ways throughout from many different perspectives according to the perceived needs of the questioner. For the wise one who has known Self by diving within himself, there is nothing other than Self to be known.

When you try to trace the ego, which is the basis of the perception of the world and everything else, you find the ego does not exist at all and neither does all this creation that you see. Lets say the first quarter of the book is the hardest part as this is the basis of the book, you must have a basic grasp of the concept of the 'I' 'true self' and 'ego' before proceeding. That is the significance of the comparison made between the world of the waking state and the dream world. Ramana Maharshi was one of the most significant spiritual teachers to emerge from India during the first half of this century, and remains widely admired. So much so that after having read the first quarter of the book, you have pretty much already seen all he has to offer.Question: But you have often said that one must reject other thoughts when one begins the quest, but the thoughts are endless. But, I’m not a professor, philosopher, psychologist, sociologist, anthropologist, scientist, mystic, or guru. When one remains without thinking one understands another by means of the universal language of silence. Six weeks later he ran away to the holy hill of Arunachala where he would remain for the rest of his life.

e. the body and the mind) requires continuous mental effort, even though the effort is nearly always at a subconscious level. Be As You Are is the definitive guide to his knowledge, edited by the former librarian from Sri Maharshi's ashram, which can be found flourishing at the foot of the holy mountain of Arunchala. The ‘Forty [Verses] on That Which Is’, is a Tamil poem that Sri Ramana composed in July and August 1928 when Sri Muruganar asked him to teach us the nature of the reality and the means by which we can attain it.That nothing ultimately exist, that life is a meaningless dream, and everyone is the same entity playing hide-and-seek to 'experience' itself. Following his 2010 hit " Cooler Than Me," Posner penned hits for other people: Maroon 5 and Justin Bieber, for example. The only freedom man has is to strive for and acquire the jnana which will enable him not to identify himself with the body. To those who look upon the script as real, you have to say that it is unreal, an illusion, since it rests upon the paper.

We think that there is something hiding our reality and that it must be destroyed before the reality is gained.

Products shown, tagged or featured on YouTube by creators are sold by merchants and are subject to merchant's terms and conditions. They would be told that if their attention was distracted by other thoughts they should revert to awareness of the ‘I’-thought whenever they became aware that their attention had wandered. Similarly with us, we imagine that we will realise that Self some time, whereas we are never anything but the Self. David Godman is an Englishman who became interested in Eastern Spirituality in his second year at Oxford University. It is the same in the waking state, for you are unable to doubt the reality of the world which you see while you are awake.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment