276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Traitor's Game: Volume 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

All twelve episodes of The Traitors first series have now aired in the UK, though you can get caught up with the series on BBC iPlayer. Fingernails were gnawed. Nerves were shredded. The Traitors (BBC One) delivered tension, tears and plot twists right to the end. This wasn’t just the reality show of the year. It was one of the best shows of the year full stop. Wilfred says: "I work within the face-to-face fundraising industry, and I've learnt over the years to be able to positively persuade people to take positive action. So instead of using these skills for positive, this is a chance to be able to use them to manipulate instead. My motivation is many different things. My children and my Fiancée being number one, and I’d also like to see if I can persuade people and slowly manipulate them. Even if I'm not a Traitor. I love tactics, I love playing a game and I love coming up with strategies. Being able to put the strategies that I've come up with into play is my motivation. And also, who doesn't want to win loads of money, right? That's a good motivation." The Traitors episode guide

The Traitors (British TV series) - Wikipedia The Traitors (British TV series) - Wikipedia

Amanda says: "A few months ago, I saw the details about a new programme, The Traitors, and I just thought ‘why the hell not?’ It's as simple as that. What interested me about the concept was doing the missions. I don’t mind eliminating anybody and all the rest of it, but it was the idea of doing the missions and challenges that I liked. I'll bring my age and my experience to the game, which does help. I'm a happy person, so I hope to bring that as well, mixed in with the suspicion. I want to give the game a sense of enjoyment, although this may not be what the game is about at all..." If I'm Faithful, it’s all about reading people's reaction. It's about observing, acting and watching. I’ll be watching not only what's happening in front of me but what's happening beside me, and to the left, and to the right, because other people give away information. If you’re a Traitor, and you tell everyone you’re a Faithful and you're not showing any emotion whatsoever when people walk in at breakfast because you know you're the one who’s got rid of someone, then it’s going to show.Knox, David (10 August 2023). "Mischievous Rodger Corser ready to play more Traitors". TV Tonight. TV Tonight . Retrieved 13 August 2023. Following the premise of other versions of De Verraders, the show features a group of contestants participating in a game similar to the party game Mafia as they stay in a historic luxury hotel. During their stay, a small group of contestants become the titular "Traitors," and must work together to eliminate the other contestants to win a grand prize, while the remaining contestants become "Faithful" and are tasked to discover and banish the Traitors by voting them out, to win the grand prize. Eight-year-old Gerta awakens one morning to a fence cleaving her family in two—her father and one of her brothers were on a trip to West Berlin while the rest of the family became trapped in the Continue reading » I’ll be so nervous, I’ll be stressing out because I know I'm not a good liar and I wear my heart on my sleeve. I'm quite an easy person to read, I'm a salesperson's dream – they can sell anything to me. If I was a Traitor I would have to convince myself that I'm not, but I don’t know how far I’d get. If I was a Faithful, I'd probably progress a lot better. Kate Phillips, Director of Entertainment, BBC Commissioning, says: “ The Traitors is a high stakes entertainment series full of false promises and paranoia. Set against the stunning Scottish landscape, I can’t wait for these very different 'Highland Games' to begin where the biggest rule of all is trust no one!”

The Traitors (Australian TV series) - Wikipedia The Traitors (Australian TV series) - Wikipedia

I've got a competitive streak. I'm down all the way because at the end of the day this is all about me, it's never been about me for 30 years. I wouldn't lead immediately but eventually I'd want to become someone that people trust and look up to, although I suppose that makes you a prime target. I’d like to not be a huge threat to the Traitors but someone who can lead people. Be a bit of a puppeteer without people knowing.Meryl says: "The fact that it's brand new interested me the most. The fact that it's the first time it will be filmed in the UK, there is nothing that people can compare it to and I can make my mark on it. It sounds like a really good experience, especially up in the Scottish Highlands as I live in Scotland. I really like the idea of Traitors, the fact that you have to suss out who's lying. I thought it'd be a really, really good experience and something new to try and that’s why I'm going to go for it. I’ll bring a different insight because I see the world differently. I have dwarfism. So, in that sense, my different view of situations and a different perspective. And, I can bring my personality!" I’d be pretty incredible at lying. You need to really have the brain power for it. You need to be able to be consistent and never let your guard down. I think I've got what it takes, I’m ready to lie. It's very difficult to say until I'm in that situation, but I do have a phenomenal poker face. In life, I'm not a liar but my kids do lie to me. It's a natural thing that teens try and do but in retrospect, I lie to them to get the truth out of them. My poker face is amazing because I can make them believe me and put them right on the spot, they believe every single lie I tell them. Again, with the police, as a police officer, a detention officer, all of those roles, you're not there to lie to the general public but you also have to get the truth out of somebody and there are means and ways of doing that. So, my poker face is very good, too good. I've been an estate agent for many, many years. I think I can bring good personality and I think I'd be a good ambassador for 50-plus-year-old women to get out there and show that we can still be active and get into reality TV shows. I like to call myself a Glam Ma, rather than a Grandma . Plus, I've met thousands of people through my career and I'm pretty good at reading between the lines of people. I’m a complete excitement seeker for sure, but particularly this show because my friends and I used to play a board game that’s quite similar. I’m not really a games person, I get quite bored with them but secretly that’s a game I really loved. Also, I liked the idea of spending all this time outside of your normal world with no phone or communication, just focusing on this. I think it's one of those opportunities that you're not going to get ever again.

The Traitor’s Game by Jennifer A Nielsen - Publishers Weekly The Traitor’s Game by Jennifer A Nielsen - Publishers Weekly

I'm an ex-basketball player, I've travelled to different countries involved with basketball, I was a part of the 2012 Olympic team with the Australians. You have to have a bit of integrity, working with those high-level professionals, but because I was a basketball player you have to have a poker face. When you’re out there, whether you're winning or losing, your opposition cannot know what you’re thinking.Hopefully, a bit of humour! I don’t know, to be honest... I'm a bit nervous. Hopefully some good chat and have fun in the process. I think I've come quite far already, I’m in Inverness! I like people and I always try and find the good in people. So that's going to be the hard bit; to see them all as snakes in the grass. In October 2023, 10 announced the series won’t be returning in 2024, however may return in the future. [4] Format [ edit ] When I heard the concept, I thought it sounded pretty cool . The fact that it was quite psychological and involved some thinking and strategy, interested me. Also, to explore how good I am at reading people and making judgments about their character and intentions based on very little information, I wanted to test that.

The Traitors winners discuss that dramatic final - Media Centre The Traitors winners discuss that dramatic final - Media Centre

Claudia says: "The Traitors is in essence a psychological reality show where players must decide who they can trust. They bond, make friends, and spend their days working together as a team to complete spectacular physical and mental missions to add money to a prize pot. But all is not as it seems, because hidden among the group are some Traitors - players I secretly selected at the start of the game, which the viewers will see for themselves. Everyone else is known as the ‘Faithful’, and none of the Faithful know who the Traitors are."To see how far I can push myself when I'm not being a mum, when I'm not working, when I'm not doing all of the Cinderella things that come with being a parent and a brand builder, and all of those things.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment