276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Sun and Her Flowers: Rupi Kaur

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Also, I think modern poets tend to forget how impactful the use of punctuation can be for a reader. Create a tonality with your words and format your stanzas with stylistic elements. Unfortunately, this whole book was very dull and very monotone. PDF / EPUB File Name: The_Sun_and_Her_Flowers_-_Rupi_Kaur.pdf, The_Sun_and_Her_Flowers_-_Rupi_Kaur.epub Rupi Kaur’s The Sun and Her Flowers is everything her fans have been waiting for. . . . [She’s] perhaps the best-known poet in the English-speaking world at this point.” Let me start off by saying that I am not a fan of Rupi Kaur's milk and honey; HOWEVER, being the forgiving person that I am, I have decided to give her work a second chance.

It is a message that will resonate with anyone who has read through the sun and her flowers , because I suspect Kaur is not only speaking of her unborn daughter, but of the rebirth she is encouraging in each of her readers by laying bare her own. The author's smart, poised, and down-to-earth writing oozes inspiration. And I'm beyond eager to share some of my favorite pieces: Una de las cosas que me fastidian de la poesía, es que la mayoría trate de enamorarse y corazones rotos. Y no quiero decir que en este libro no tengamos poemas sobre el amor y lo difícil que es sobrellevar una relación romántica, pero con el estilo único de Rupi, si me terminaron gustando.

Table of Contents

I hear a thousand kind words about me and it makes no difference yet I hear one insult and all confidence shatters - focusing on the negative.” The pieces speaking about some of the hardest topics seem so surface level, I felt wrong reading it. I would never give this to my daughter. Not to mention the randomly sprinkled poems talking about her being an immigrant, all of them felt so out of place and awkward next to her other pieces. This long-awaited second collection of poetry by Rupi Kaur made waves; it was a ride brimming with of every kind of emotion imaginable. Divided into five chapters and illustrated by Kaur, the sun and her flowers is a vibrant and transcendent journey about growth and healing. Ancestry and honoring one’s roots. Expatriation and rising up to find a home within yourself. the illustrations are ABSOLUTELY perfection, I love them so much they add so much depth to the poems. The range of emotions are all felt ... sadness, anger, loss, grief, pride, guilt, fear, nervousness, shame, joy, surprise, love ....

It's over, finished, done, finito, caput. Welp, that was definitely better than milk and honey. NOT! But in all honesty, none of her poems really left an impression on me. There were a few "poems" that I liked, but I've already forgotten them. Also, I thought this collection was meant to empower women? Majority of her poems came across as emotionally insecure and overly clichéd. Rupi Kaur blazing a trail for new generations to discover verse is a wondrous thing. Her star is shining brightly.A drop of poetry can flood the imagination. It can also ease the mind. Her work is clearly bringing such pleasures to countless readers – mostly younger readers – and that is a cause for celebration for anyone who cares about poetry’ Ben Holden, editor of bestselling anthologies Poems That Make Grown Men Cry& Poems That Make Grown Women Cry Lo que diferencia este libro a los demás de poesía contemporánea es que no se enfrasca en nada, toca temas muy variados. Este es un poemario que va mucho más allá de los amores no correspondidos y las rupturas. En El Sol y sus Flores, Rupi Kaur se abre en canal y nos habla de la violencia, las condiciones de desigualdad que viven las mujeres, la falta de oportunidades, la depresión, la inmigración y todos sus matices y, sobre todo, cómo ella ha ido logrando rehacerse y sobreponerse a todo lo que la vida le ha puesto en su camino. Am I reading this book bc my reading challenge is getting a little out of control??? Psshshhhhh no, of course not why would you think something so preposterous ????The five sections of the book correspond with a poem that compares the process of personal growth to the life cycle of a flower. The poem is based on a lesson Kaur credits to her mother. Her work is human experience, tidily aestheticized and monetized, rendered inspirational and relatable in perfect balance.” Rupi’s collections of poetry, milk and honey and the sun and her flowers, have sold millions of copies and been translated in over 42 languages. Her work touches on love, loss, trauma, healing, feminism, and migration. As a 21-year-old university student, Rupi wrote, illustrated, and self-published her first collection, milk and honey.

to
poetry
Some parts of this, like the things she wishes she could have told her mother on her wedding day and insights on immigration were thought provoking, but much of this felt like thoughts I’ve read many times elsewhere.
Here are three examples of that:
you do not just wake up and become the butterfly Acosta, Avelina. "Book Review: The Sun and Her Flowers brings both heartache and happiness". UNF Spinnaker . Retrieved 2018-02-16. Rupi Kaur has again delivered a palpable collection of perspective on varying issues of significance that range from love to heartbreak and all the things in between. I leave this experience feeling grateful, beautiful, and incredibly empowered. I am in love with this woman's writing. And dream she does. While Kaur is able to speak and often stun from her scars in a way that might make the average person blush, she has a way of doing so where she never comes across as weak. On the contrary, her quiet strength shines through even her darkest words, as she writes, “ there is god in you / can you feel her dancing,” foreshadowing the rise she makes through the last two sections of the anthology, “rising” and“ blooming.” In fact by “blooming,” Kaur is unapologetically in love with herself and her life and already thinking forward to the next cycle of life that will occur when she gives birth to her own children, perhaps best exemplified in this poem and its accompanying drawing, which Kaur signs as an “ode to raymond douillet’s a short tour and farewell” :Walker, Rob (2017-05-27). "The young 'Instapoet' Rupi Kaur: from social media star to bestselling writer". The Observer. ISSN 0029-7712 . Retrieved 2017-10-31.

Lastly, another thing I wasn’t a huge fan of is none of her poems use punctuation. She had some longer poems unlike anything she had in m&h, but most of those just employed really long-winded run-on sentences and I wasn’t a huge fan of that style. Because of that, it was hard to tell sometimes when one poem ended and another begun because none were punctuated, some didn’t have titles, some were just one sentence, etc. it’s interesting to see how her writing has grown and evolved. there are very few short poems (unlike m&h), which i was thankful for, because in m&h it seemed like she would just write sentences with skips in it, then label them poetry, and i really hated that style. however, this utilized a lot of longer poems and metaphor and personification of nature, and although it’s still not my favorite style, it’s gotten so much better. It is nice to see a young Canadian poet establish herself--don't get me wrong! And my heart goes out to Ms. Kaur after reading about some of the horrific situations she underwent. That being said, I still think her work is overhyped and resembles little fluffs of nothing. If you enjoyed this then no hard feelings. But no more chances and no more modern poetry for me. I mean it. (that's probably a lie) Titles always just come. It’s not even something I’ve ever had to think about" states Kaur. [1] The author decided to title the book this way just because she felt in love with the way that sunflowers worship with the sun, how they rise with the sun and then they follow the sun around. Kaur explains that was such a beautiful representation of love and relationships: the sun could represent a woman and the flowers could be the relationships that she has through life. [2] Structure [ edit ] The Sun and Her Flowers is a journey of wilting, falling, rooting, rising and blooming. It is a celebration of love in all its forms.Ceron, Ella. "Rupi Kaur Talks "The Sun and Her Flowers" and How She Handles Social Media's Response to Her Work". Teen Vogue . Retrieved October 4, 2017.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment