276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Cabin in the Woods

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Whedon described the film as an attempt to revitalize the horror genre. He called it a "loving hate letter" to the genre, continuing: [10] Barton, Steve (April 6, 2010). "Joss Whedon's The Cabin in the Woods to Feature Creatures?". Dread Central. Archived from the original on December 26, 2018 . Retrieved December 26, 2018. When Hannah's often over-the-top brother, Mako, rents an isolated luxury cabin for their friend group for a weekend, she and her husband Bruce, begrudgingly agree to go. Sometimes it is just easier to give Mako what he wants than to fight against him.

In a more mixed review, Lisa Schwarzbaum of Entertainment Weekly, calling herself "a wised-up viewer," gave the film a "B−" grade and said, "The movie's biggest surprise may be that the story we think we know from modern scary cinema—that horror is a fun, cosmic game, not much else—here turns out to be pretty much the whole enchilada." She shrugged off the talents of Whitford and Jenkins: "These two experienced actors provide the film's adult-level entertainment." [45] There are some throwaway storylines/characters that go nowhere, and the fact that there are a large number of characters in the first place makes it frustrating at times to keep them all straight. This is a book that is best experienced on paper, I think the audiobook would be massively confusing. I also didn't care for the big "wrap up" at the end, because if you're paying attention, you should have figured it all out from the narrative and won't need it dumbed down and explained to you like the end of a television show. An approaching hurricane cutting off access and electricity. The owner of the cabin is a creepy Peeping Tom. There's a women hellbent on getting revenge. Douglas, Edward (October 9, 2009). "Whedon's Cabin in the Woods Going 3D in '11". ComingSoon.net. Archived from the original on October 23, 2018 . Retrieved December 26, 2018.

What Customers say about Cool Places

Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times gave the film three out of four stars, saying that " The Cabin in the Woods has been constructed almost as a puzzle for horror fans to solve. Which conventions are being toyed with? Which authors and films are being referred to? Is the film itself an act of criticism?" [36] Peter Travers of Rolling Stone gave the film 3.5 out of 4 stars, calling it "fiendishly funny". Travers praised Kristen Connolly and Fran Kranz for their performances, and wrote, "By turning splatter formula on its empty head, Cabin shows you can unleash a fire-breathing horror film without leaving your brain or your heart on the killing floor." [37] Mako's sister Hannah is married to Bruce, a nice solid guy who also works in the tech industry, currently for Mako. They have a baby daughter, Gigi, who they are leaving for the first time. Hannah adores her brother and always has. Although younger than Mako, it is she that has always been on the lookout for him, the one who has, on numerous occasions, pulled his ass out of the fire; not the other way around. Hannah and Bruce have a baby daughter and it will be their first time really leaving her behind. Hannah struggles with the choice a lot, but her mother-in-law is more than capable of babysitting while they're away. Just what could be bad enough to cause a woman who has come from poverty and married into money, to leave it all behind? Therein the story lies. The unmissable new thriller from the USA Today bestselling master of edge-of-your-seat reading and screenwriter of Netflix Original movie, The Weekend Away.

Three couples on a getaway in a secluded mountain cabin in Georgia. Not only a cabin, but THE luxury cabin. Personal chefs, yoga, hot tubs, you name it. Although Cabin In the Woods is my first read from this author, it won’t be my last! More than an intriguing psychological story, it is an edge-of-the-seat thriller with heart- racing suspense. The author became a member of Hoosier Outdoor Writers in 1993, where he has won several awards from them in their annual writing contest. He has also been a guest speaker for the Boy Scouts, Daughters of the American Revolution, Teachers Reading Counsel, Kiwanis Club, and at several schools, libraries and churches.

Our log cabin and lodge locations

Couch, Aaron (February 16, 2023). "M. Night Shyamalan Departs Universal for Warner Bros. First-Look Deal". The Hollywood Reporter . Retrieved April 19, 2023. a b c d e Whedon, Joss; Goddard, Drew; Bernstein, Abbie (2012). The Cabin in the Woods: The Official Visual Companion. London: Titan Books. ISBN 9781848565241. I listened to most of this book as an audio but switched to digital for the final third when my ear--buds died. An easy transition, though it didn’t clear up my confusion.

Secluded Cabin Sleeps Six is the first book I've read by Lisa Unger. I found it on NetGalley and decided it was time to give the author a chance. And it worked out. I thoroughly enjoyed the book for many reasons. We get a few chapters to meet a dysfunctional family; one where two siblings have a bond, but their mother is a loon, it seems. She waffles between nice and mean, is very controlling, and definitely has a chip on her shoulder. No one wants to take the DNA tests they receive as a mysterious Christmas gift that year. Then the story switches to another set of characters who tug a our heartstrings. Immediately I thought - a switched at birth storyline. But no... I won't tell you if that's the truth or a quip. Find our for yourself, friends! people who are so close to each other, carrying the heavy baggage of dirty secrets gather to enjoy weekend getaway at a luxury cabin in the woods with spectacular views, private chef, hot tube. And guess what? The place is called Overlook !!!( even the name is red flag. You expect to be welcomed by Grady Twins to be ushered to the Redrum)The title makes the book sound very creepy. But there’s nothing eerie or spooky about the story. It isn’t even mainly about the cabin, thus making it an inaccurate title. Most of it isn’t set in that location. The midway mark--where there are some big reveals--goes into totally predictable domestic thriller territory. The final section gets the action into surprise mode again, but the ending and the epilogue were big disappointments to me. They were over even before I realised it and were quite predictable. Once the three couples get to the cabin, the cabin’s owner proves to be disturbing. Bad things start happening. Who’s doing it? To what end?

Riley, Jenelle (July 21, 2021). "M. Night Shyamalan on Old, His Mischievous Side and How Unbreakable Was Ahead of Its Time". Variety. Archived from the original on August 2, 2021 . Retrieved August 2, 2021. This has been my favorite Sarah Alderson book by far and I look forward to listening to future titles by this talented author. West, Kelly (July 6, 2012). "Cabin In The Woods Blu-Ray/DVD Bonus Content Announced". CinemaBlend. Archived from the original on December 26, 2018 . Retrieved December 26, 2018.

Frequently asked questions

I'm gonna leave it there. I have plenty more thoughts, but nobody has time to read through them all and honestly, I've burned enough time and energy on this. I'm so ready to move along. Was this my favorite book by Unger? No, I still have a special place in my reading heart for Ink and Bone, but I did enjoy this one. I enjoyed being privy to the POV of various characters. They are not the group of people that I would want to go on a luxury cabin vacation with.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment