276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Limited Edition Legal Tender George Best £5 Fiver Bank Note

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Two particular injuries suffered by the Cambridge University mathematics professor - author of A Brief History of Time - were recalled by the nurse.

Zinedine Zidane voted top player by fans" (PDF). uefa.com. UEFA. Archived (PDF) from the original on 16 October 2015 . Retrieved 9 January 2017. George Best at Burrelton". pkc.gov.uk. Archived from the original on 19 July 2009 . Retrieved 18 November 2012. Born in Belfast, Best began his club career in England with Manchester United, with the scout who had spotted his talent at the age of 15 sending a telegram to manager Matt Busby which read: "I think I've found you a genius". After making his debut at age 17, he scored 179 goals in 470 appearances over 11 years and was the club's top goalscorer in the league for five consecutive seasons. [3] He won two League titles and the European Cup with the club.

An inquiry in 2001 into alleged assaults on multi-millionaire Prof Hawking, 62, was dropped after he and his wife were interviewed.

In 2007, GQ magazine named him as one of the 50 most stylish men of the past 50 years. [111] When Best played football, salaries were a fraction of what top players earn today, but, with his pop star image and celebrity status, Best still earned a fortune. He lost almost all of it. When asked what happened to the money he had earned, Best quipped: "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds (women) and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." [112] As for Hawking, did he not spend years promoting a theory for which he had no scientific proof whatsoever before having to admit that he was wrong? If I had to choose between dribbling past five players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World, it'd be a hard choice. Thankfully, I've done both." Belfast City Airport to be renamed in honour of George Best". Belfast City Airport. 21 March 2006. Archived from the original on 12 February 2007. Pele said he was the greatest ever, how many people has the U.K. produced in the last 50 years that were truely the best ever at anything, let alone a sport that dominates the world.Last of Bestie fivers sells out". BBC Online. 1 December 2006. Archived from the original on 14 February 2007 . Retrieved 9 June 2007. a b "Do Alcoholics Deserve Liver Transplants? | Psychology Today". www.psychologytoday.com. Archived from the original on 4 October 2022 . Retrieved 18 August 2022.

Top 10 Eric Cantona Quotes - Seagulls, Water Carrier, Terminator And Many More". Goal.com. Archived from the original on 28 February 2015 . Retrieved 4 February 2015. Best was capped 37 times for Northern Ireland, scoring nine goals. [2] Of his nine international goals, four were scored against Cyprus and one each against Albania, England, Scotland, Switzerland and Turkey. Largely surrounded by teammates of lesser ability with Northern Ireland than with his club and lower expectations as a result, Best considered his international career as being "recreational football". [84] He is regarded as one of the greatest players never to have played at a World Cup, and like his namesake, Liberia star George Weah, he was “hamstrung in World Cup terms by hailing from a global minnow”. [84] Hi Peter, some collectors may be interested in sequential notes, but ultimately it’s all down to how much an individual would be willing to pay. Looking at similar sold listings, there doesn’t appear to be much demand at the moment, but demand is highest for consecutive AA01 notes. a b "George Best". The New Elizabethans. 20 July 2012. BBC Radio 4. Archived from the original on 19 October 2015 . Retrieved 18 January 2014.PLAYERS MATCH BY MATCH". www.soccer.mistral.co.uk. Archived from the original on 1 May 2008 . Retrieved 17 May 2018. With George Best, people could say, 'Well, it's up to him how much he drank, and if he had health problems that's his own fault, and it didn't really affect anyone and he died for it, and paid the price.' Whereas with his mother it's very different. Because you see how it affects her husband, and her children, and so on." findmypast.com - The place to start tracing your family history". 12 November 2006. Archived from the original on 12 November 2006.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment