276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fantasy Flight Games | Star Wars: The Deck-Building Game | Strategy Card Game | Ages 12+ | 2 Players | 30 Minutes Playing Time

£14.58£29.16Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While the game has more base cards than the five listed, they are only going to be used once you have become more familiar with the game. Including them helps to extend the match’s duration or to have more options when making plays. For your first time playing the game, you don’t need to worry about the advanced options. Once you have all components, it’s time to work on the setup. The Empire always takes the first turn, but given how valuable the Force can be, this doesn’t feel like a fair trade-off. The game’s Full Galaxy mode has bases to help swing things the Force more dramatically in your favor; however, in our beginner games, the Empire player often felt shut out of Force activities.

Manage cookie settings Watch on YouTube Wheels recommends some of the best two-player board games out there.• Target Value (units): This number indicates how much damage the cards need to receive to be defeated in the galaxy row Personally speaking, I loved all the ways the game uses in-universe references. From simple things like using Sabotage or Bounty Hunting when referring to player actions, to the impressive artwork and descriptions on the cards, it all flows together to make you feel like you’re fighting it out withing Star Wars. It’s easy to get immersed into it.For all that, however, I feel like something has been missing. Nothing has quite scratched the same itch as the older Star Wars Collectible and Trading Card Games. The thrill of “duking it out” merely with the strength of your cards and strategy. Some of have gotten really close to that feel, but whether it’s more complicated—or too simplistic—mechanics, or incorporated to much other stuff (dice, boards, etc)…they weren’t exactly what I was wanting. Dicebreaker is owned by Gamer Network Limited, a ReedPop company and subsidiary of Reed Exhibitions Limited. What inspired me to do Star Wars was this idea that I can make a game that just gets to the table really fast,” Grace told Polygon in an interview, “[where] people can get into it and find deep strategy — but there isn’t that high bar for learning.”

Ability (units, capital ships and bases): A special effect that players may or may not choose to perform during their turns.Perhaps you are looking at this game and wondering how rule heavy it is. Well, the good news is that it’s really not. That’s not to say that it’s a light game. There is enough strategy and depth to sink an X-Wing in (ala the swamps of Dagobah!). What Fantasy Flight have done though is to produce a game that feels like a true love letter to the Star Wars universe which is great fun for veteran gamers and yet welcoming to new players. On the Empire side of the table, the mechanic is called “bounty hunting.” What else is so Star Wars? The Rebel Alliance fights valiantly against the tyranny of the Galactic Empire. Each new victory brings the Rebels hope, and each heroic sacrifice strengthens their resolve. Still, the Empire’s resources are vast, and the firepower of its Empire Navy is unmatched. With neither side willing to accept defeat, their war rages across the galaxy… Prepare each player’s base cards pile with the five cards, placing the starting one at the top faceup while the others you can keep facedown. Players will only be able to buy cards from their chosen faction or from the neutral catergory.

The space battle in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story] was one of the greatest moments in cinema for Caleb Grace,” Grace said, his eyes lighting up on our Zoom call. He seems genuinely excited to have been able to put that love for the franchise literally into the structure of the game itself. There’s a lot more nuance to be sure, including the power of the Force, which enables some special rebellion moves. Fantasy Flight Games will have a more detailed announcement on Thursday. But the broad strokes of Grace’s design are clear from the outset, and that makes me really excited to see this one out in the wild. The Force begins the game all the way on the Rebels’ side, but the Empire gets to take the first turn. Regardless of which faction you play as, what you choose to do in those opening moves can have a lasting impact on the rest of the game. A Galactic Struggle In this example, the Force is currently with the Rebel player because it is on one of the three light side spaces. Your opponent has access to the same pile and can see exactly what you see. If there’s a great card in the Row that could provide a distinct advantage, it might be worth your time and resources to “sabotage” (for the Rebellion) or “bounty hunt” (for the Empire) those cards within the Galaxy Row. For instance, during one of my playthroughs as a Rebel, a major vehicle card for the Empire came up on the Row…one that would certainly tip the balance if my opponent was able to get it.With everything set, it’s time to start the battle between the Rebels and the Empire. During the game, players take turns that can be split into two phases and whenever a new game begins, the Empire has the first turn. Wheels, Matt and Meehan play Star Wars: Dark Side Rising toegther. Player count, game length and overview Of course, the bases themselves are also a factor in your strategy. The Rebels always start with Dantooine Lothal Use the Force The Rebel Alliance fights valiantly against the tyranny of the Galactic Empire. Each new victory brings the Rebels hope, and each heroic sacrifice strengthens their resolve. Still, the Empire's resources are vast, and the firepower of its Empire Navy is unmatched. With neither side willing to accept defeat, their war rages across the galaxy...

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment