276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Personalized Hand Embroidered Corner Bookmark, Hand Stitched Felt Corner Letter Bookmark, Cute Flower Letter Embroidery Bookmarks, Reading Cute Bookmarks Accessories Present for Book Lovers

£3.465£6.93Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Felt crafts are cheap, durable, and effortless to make. Felt is versatile; you can make so much more than kids crafts. If you’re using a fusible interfacing other than Mistyfuse, it should be the lightest possible fusible interfacing you can find. Follow the manufacturers instructions to bond the two pieces of fabric together.

If you want to whip the edge of the buttonhole stitch with a contrasting color, thread up two or three strands of floss (in this case, I used two strands of white floss) into a tapestry needle, and whip the outside twisted edge of the buttonhole stitching, by passing underneath each buttonhole stitch from the same direction, all the way around the bookmark. Bring the needle with the new thread up inside the last buttonhole stitch, and continue buttonholing, working the first stitch over that tiny anchor stitch. You’ll cover it right up and the join will be invisible. With a few supplies and some free time, you can make a unique bookmark. You can either keep it to yourself or give it as a gift for a loved one, perfect for Mother’s day, teacher appreciation gift, and for book lovers. What inspired this felt embroidered bookmark Here’s the whipped edge of the buttonhole stitch, which mimics the striped effect on the lettering. Trim the edge Bookmarks make fantastic gifts for the readers in your life. If you have a birthday celebration looming on the horizon or a graduation gig right around the corner, you can whip up an embroidered bookmark in no time flat and head to the party prepared, with a perfect little gift.

A light box or a sunny window will help, if you’re tracing the design. If you’re confident in your drawing or writing skills or you want a design that looks spontaneous, you can draw the design right onto the fabric if you want. In this case, I just wrote my words onto the fabric and drew a couple dots at each end. The final step in making your own hand-embroidered bookmark is to trim away the excess fabric right around the whole bookmark. When you get to the knot, just clip it off close to the fabric surface and keep right on stitching! Changing threads For the edge treatment, I worked a buttonhole stitch all around the outside of the bookmark, using three strands of watermelon red floss. Then I whipped the buttonhole stitch with two strands of white floss. The twist of the buttonhole stitch is right on the design line, and the stitches are about 1/8″ long.

try decorative elastic bands (I didn’t have one at the time, but these printed elastics look so much fun), Now we’ll look at how to make a bookmark that features embroidered handwriting, whether it’s an inspirational quote, a name or just a short message for your favorite reader.The dots are worked in padded satin stitch in white using one strand of floss, and outlined in watermelon red in stem stitch, using two strands of floss.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment