276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lucy in the Sky

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The song was played at least once on BBC Radio at the time of the Sgt. Pepper album's release, on the 20 May 1967 broadcast of Where It's At hosted by Kenny Everett and Chris Denning. [34] [35] The song was also played as part of the 1972 BBC Radio documentary The Beatles Story, hosted by Brian Matthew. [36] Reception [ edit ]

First Photo: Natalie Portman In "Pale Blue Dot" ". July 25, 2018. Archived from the original on July 12, 2022 . Retrieved July 25, 2018. If any part of the Terms of Service is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms of Service will not be affected all other clauses remaining in full force and effect. So far as possible where any clause/sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the clause shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause /sub-clause as is permitted by law. In introducing "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", Elton John said he believed it to be "one of the best songs ever written." The Lennon-sung "I Saw Her Standing There" (credited to the Elton John Band featuring John Lennon) was originally released in 1975 on the B-side of Elton John's " Philadelphia Freedom" single. In 1981, all three live songs were issued on 28 November 1974, an Elton John EP. [64] In 1990, the three songs were made available on the Lennon box set. In 1996, they were also included on the remastered edition of Elton John's Here and There album. Elton John once stated that "'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds' is a song that I never do in a set at a concert simply because it reminds me too much of John Lennon. This is the same with ' Empty Garden'." It was a part of his standard repertoire from 1974 until 1976, and sporadically until 1998. It also appeared in the 1976 musical documentary All This and World War II as well as the 1995 remaster of Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy. Personnel [ edit ] According to Lennon, the lyrics were largely derived from the literary style of Lewis Carroll's novel Alice in Wonderland. [3] [10] Lennon had read and admired Carroll's works, and the title of Julian's drawing reminded him of the "Which Dreamed It?" chapter of Through the Looking Glass, in which Alice floats in a "boat beneath a sunny sky". [11] Lennon recalled in a 1980 interview:The Beatles recorded "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" in March 1967. Adding to the song's ethereal qualities, the musical arrangement includes a Lowrey organ part heavily treated with studio effects, and a drone provided by an Indian tambura. The song has been recognised as a key work in the psychedelic genre. Among its many cover versions, a 1974 recording by Elton John – with a guest appearance by Lennon – was a number 1 hit in the US and Canada. Howlett, Kevin (2017). Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Super Deluxe Edition (booklet). The Beatles. Apple Records. p.55.

Rose, Steve (September 16, 2019). "Fly men to the moon: Ad Astra and the toxic masculinity of space films". The Guardian. Archived from the original on September 16, 2019 . Retrieved September 16, 2019.John Lennon said that his inspiration for the song came when his three-year-old son Julian showed him a nursery school drawing that he called "Lucy – in the Sky with Diamonds", [4] depicting his classmate Lucy O'Donnell. [5] Julian later recalled: "I don't know why I called it that or why it stood out from all my other drawings, but I obviously had an affection for Lucy at that age. I used to show Dad everything I'd built or painted at school, and this one sparked off the idea." [5] [6] [7] Ringo Starr witnessed the moment and said that Julian first uttered the song's title on returning home from nursery school. [4] [8] [9] Lennon later said, "I thought that's beautiful. I immediately wrote a song about it." [4] Everett, Walter (1999). The Beatles as Musicians: Revolver Through the Anthology. New York, NY: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-512941-0. Dawson, Ashley (2013). The Routledge Concise History of Twentieth-century British Literature. Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-57245-3. Archived from the original on 18 August 2021 . Retrieved 27 July 2018.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment