276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Halo 3 (Xbox 360)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The story only lasts four to five hours depending on difficulty setting and personal skill, the only setting that made this game reach the eight hour mark for me was the highest one, Legendary, but that was still incredibly short. This is not the same case as Portal though, where the game has no padding and there is nothing in the game that doesn't have to be there. In a mission nearing the end of the game I had to take down a few towers that were exactly the same and took twenty minutes each to finish for example. When I went away to college, the only thing I cared about was if my miniscule television and my Xbox 360 would fit on my dorm room dresser. Despite finally having the freedom I so desired in high school, I never stopped playing Halo 3, and would turn to it during those horribly hungover late mornings that only an 18-year-old college student can fully understand. I often slept in a Halo T-shirt I bought at Hot Topic. I gave my gamertag out when I met people at frat parties. Vehicles now feature more complex collision damage based on their size, mass and speed. For example, the Brute Chopper can destroy a UNSC Warthog with a head-on ram, and colliding head-on with a solid object in a Ghost can kill the player.

Smith, Luke. "Bungie Weekly Update: 7/03/08". Bungie. Archived from the original on October 11, 2014 . Retrieved July 3, 2008. Smith, Luke (September 28, 2007). "You owe me 80p!". Bungie. Archived from the original on November 4, 2013 . Retrieved August 24, 2011. Sinclair, Brendan (September 24, 2007). "Analyst: 4.2M Halo 3s already at retail". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on September 13, 2013 . Retrieved August 24, 2011. Other complaints focused on the artificial intelligence; critics praised the enemy AI but complained that the intelligence of the player's allies was far poorer. [3] [5] [108] Bryan Vore of Game Informer said that human faces and some textures were just "embarrassing". [98]

Wilson, Aiofe (October 16, 2013). "Halo 3 now free with Xbox Live Games with Gold till November". Official Xbox Magazine UK. Future plc. Archived from the original on October 19, 2013 . Retrieved October 16, 2013. McElroy, Justin (September 12, 2007). "Watch the new Halo 3 ad: "Museum" ". Joystiq. Archived from the original on September 12, 2007 . Retrieved August 25, 2011. a b "Bungie Podcast". Bungie. August 28, 2007. Archived from the original ( MP3) on November 6, 2011 . Retrieved August 24, 2011.

Halo 3 raises the bar in terms of multiplayer options, and in this day and age, that makes a huge difference in terms of how much time you'll put into it. Having said that, it feels as if the single player campaign has been left by the wayside, which was the chief (no pun intended) reason why gamers played the original Halo. Yes, it has its annoying moments, but there's nothing like taking down wave after wave of creatures on Legendary. O'Connor, Frank (July 6, 2007). "Bungie Weekly Update: 07/06/07". Bungie. Archived from the original on October 6, 2014 . Retrieved August 24, 2011. The campaign in Halo 3 consists of ten levels which tell the story of the final days of humanity and the Sangheili's conflict with the Prophet of Truth's Covenant forces. Traveling through the portal, the humans and Elites discover an immense artificial structure known as the Ark, far beyond the edges of the Milky Way galaxy. Here, Truth can remotely activate all the Halos. The Flood arrive aboard High Charity in full force, beginning to infest the installation. Truth captures Johnson, as he needs a human to use Forerunner technology. Keyes is killed attempting a rescue, and Johnson is forced to activate the rings. Gravemind forges a truce with the Chief and Arbiter to stop Truth and defeat the remainder of his army, rescuing Johnson and halting the installations' activation. After the Arbiter kills Truth, Gravemind turns on the Chief and Arbiter. Prior to its launch, Halo 3 was expected to be one of the biggest entertainment events of the year, [13] and among the biggest entertainment releases of all time. [14] [15] [16] [17] Additionally, Halo 3 was expected to stir the sales of the Xbox 360 console [18] [19] - being a "killer application". [20] [21] The craziness of the Halo 3 launch was compared to the madness of the iPhone, Harry Potter books and Star Wars movies releases. [10]

Smith, Luke (September 5, 2008). "Bungie Weekly Update: 9/05/08". Bungie. Archived from the original on December 13, 2013 . Retrieved September 13, 2011. Hunt, Jonathan. "X-Play: Halo 3 Review". G4TV. Archived from the original on May 11, 2008 . Retrieved November 6, 2008.

Additionally several previous maps have been tweaked or "re-imagined": Avalanche is a re-imagination of Halo: Combat Evolved's Sidewinder and Valhalla is one of Halo: Combat Evolved's Blood Gulch and Halo 2's Coagulation. References The Halo 3 Beta was a phase in the development of Halo 3, produced by Bungie Studios and organized by Microsoft. A public version of the beta was released to the public for three weeks to give people an early chance to play the game and to test amounts of stress on the servers. Bungie is very close to their fans and by Christ do most of them not deserve that kind of treatment, the way the community of Halo 3 behaves is my biggest complaint and removing all the annoying people would certainly add another star or two to the score it has right now. Besides the community there are also problems with the length of the campaign, the multiplayer and a bad move from Bungie. Saved Films allow a player to view any game, campaign or multiplayer, from any angle. It uses game data to re-create the games, which makes file sizes very small (5 MB for a 15-minute multiplayer match). In the film, players can either watch themselves play through an entire mission or match, or use a bird's eye view to see the bigger scope of how the match or mission plays. Players can go anywhere they want, within the limitations of invisible barriers, so that players cannot fly as high as possible or go very far from their character. In multiplayer matches, players can fast forward or rewind the film so that players can relive the parts you missed. Campaign films cannot be rewound for technical reasons. Only the previous 25 games will be saved under the recent films category on the Xbox 360 console. Older films will be deleted.The original Halo 3 before the Auto-Update 2 patch contained 49 Achievements, which is a seven reference 7x7=49, and these together are worth 1000 Gamerscore. In the U.S., Halo 3 sold 3.3 million copies in its first 12 days on sale, [81] increasing to 3.7 million copies by November 15, 2007. [82] Reuters UK estimated that Halo 3 may have sold up to 5.2 million copies worldwide in the first two weeks after launch. [79] By November 30, 2007, Halo 3 had sold 5 million copies worldwide, and as of that point, was the best-selling video game of 2007 in the U.S., even though the game is only available on one console. [83] On January 3, 2008, Microsoft announced that Halo 3 had sold 8.1 million copies. [84] The game drew over a million Xbox Live members to play online in the first 20 hours, making it the biggest day for Xbox Live gaming in history. [85] [86] The game returned to the top 20 sales charts more than a year after its release in February 2009; Gamasutra reported that the boost might have been due to the release of Halo Wars. [87] According to Microsoft, Halo 3 had sold 14.5 million copies as of 2012 [update]. [88] The game was also the best-selling video game of 2007 in the U.S. [89] Reception of the single-player aspect varied. Yin-Poole wrote that while the cliffhanger ending of Halo 2 was disappointing, the campaign of Halo 3 was much more satisfying. [102] Gerstmann, GameSpy's Gabe Graziani, and Goldstein maintained that the campaign was too short, especially on easier difficulty levels or with three additional players in co-op. [5] [104] Goldstein was highly critical of the eighth level, stating "the penultimate chapter is so bad, just thinking about it puts a rotten taste in my mouth." The New York Times ' Charles Herold said the game had a "throwaway" plot and Total Video Games judged the single-player aspect ultimately disappointing. [105] [106] Goldstein and Steve West of Cinema Blend thought a part of the game's story was lost by not having the Arbiter featuring as prominently as the character was in Halo 2. [3] [107] Local area network or Xbox Live supports up to sixteen players in multiplayer matches, with game modes including variations of deathmatch and Capture the Flag. Players must actively seek out other players through their Xbox Live Friends list, using the party invite system, or the LAN search feature to play multiplayer matches with their own custom rules and customized maps. If they are connected to Xbox Live however, a player can choose to have the game decide for them the exact rules and map to play on, as well as finding additional people to play against or with, using the "Matchmaking" system (the automated grouping of players of similar skill). A player will decide from a selection of developer designed "playlists" which each contain a certain way to experience the game. [16] Infection - The timeless struggle of human versus zombie. If you die by a zombie's hand, you join their ranks.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment