276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Anybody Out There?

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When I’d arrived in Ireland eight weeks earlier, I couldn’t climb the stairs because of my dislocated kneecap, so my parents had moved a bed downstairs into the Good Front Room. Keyes became known for her novels Watermelon, Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, Rachel's Holiday, Last Chance Saloon, Anybody Out There, and This Charming Man, which, although written in a light and humorous style, cover themes including alcoholism, depression, addiction, cancer, bereavement, and domestic violence. [1] More than 35 million copies of her novels have been sold, and her works have been translated into 33 languages. [2] Her writing has won both the Irish Popular Fiction Book and the Popular Non-Fiction Book of the Year, each on one occasion, at the Irish Book Awards. And indeed, there was something inside: a photograph…Why was I being sent this? I already had loads…Then I saw that I was wrong. It wasn’t him at all. And suddenly I understood everything. Summary: Wonderful, well-written, poignant, witty and warm. Marian Keyes hits paydirt again. Anybody Out There? is another slice of life from the Walsh family that you won't forget. a b Hunt, Elle (12 March 2017). "Novelist Marian Keyes reveals fight against constant 'suicidal impulses' ". The Guardian . Retrieved 30 September 2017.

Anybody Out There? - Marian Keyes - Google Books

Keyes has written frankly about her clinical depression, which left her unable to sleep, read, write, or talk. After a long hiatus due to severe depression, a food title, Saved by Cake, was published in February 2012. [8] She tried to march in briskly, like nurses she’d seen on hospital dramas, but there was so much furniture in the room that instead she had to wrestle her way towards me. Amidst the laughter and jokes though is a very serious tale of grief and loss. How do you move on with your life when your husband is taken from you so suddenly and horrifically? I found some parts quite difficult to read as the emotion was so raw, reading the description of the accident and immediate aftermath in hospital when Anna is told Aidan is dead was so sad, I just couldn’t help but cry, which is a little awkward when you’re sat in a crowded A&E waiting room waiting to be seen!

Select a format:

Even Luke, Rachel’s boyfriend – well, fiancé now. Luke is so dark and sexy and testosteroney that I dread being alone with him. I mean, he’s a lovely person, really, really lovely, but just, you know . . . all man. I both fancy him and am repelled by him, if that makes any sense; and everyone Dear Jesus,” a voice said. It was my sister Helen, home from a night’s work. She stood in the doorway of the sitting room, looked around at all the tassels, and asked, “How can you stand it?” Unfortunately, her family have other ideas. She's staying put. And Aidan? He's refusing to even take her calls.

Anybody Out There: British Book Awards Author of the Year Anybody Out There: British Book Awards Author of the Year

Right, Missy.’ Mum consulted a sheet of paper, an hour- by-hour schedule of all my medication – antibiotics, anti- inflammatories, antidepressants, sleeping pills, high-impact vitamins, painkillers which induced a very pleasant floaty feeling, and a member of the Valium family which she had ferried away to a secret location. She tried to march briskly, like nurses she’d seen on hospital dramas, but there was so much furniture in the room that instead she had to wrestle her way toward me.

Need Help?

Okay, missy.” Mum had never called me “missy” before all of this. “Take these.” She tipped a handful of pills into my mouth and passed me a glass of water. She was very kind really, even if I suspected she was just acting out a part. Keyes lives in Dún Laoghaire with her husband Tony Baines (whom she first met on his 30th birthday [5]) after returning to Ireland from London's Hampstead in 1997. [5] Style [ edit ] Keyes' depressive period lasted about four years. During this time she also wrote The Mystery of Mercy Close, a novel in which the heroine experiences similar battles with depression and suicide attempts as those Keyes herself experienced. [9] As Keyes further describes this period of her life: "It was like being in an altered reality . . . I was always melancholic and prone to sadness and hopelessness but this was catastrophic and unimaginable."

Anybody Out There? (Walsh Family Book 4) Kindle Edition Anybody Out There? (Walsh Family Book 4) Kindle Edition

The novel is a rare blend of genres, a richly enjoyable satire and an inspirational tale of one woman's triumph over despair Daily Telegraph Steele, Francesca (31 January 2020). "Marian Keyes: the best-selling author on diets, sexism and being inspired by Gen Z: The popular writer's new book follows the story of a large, chaotic family with similarities to her own" . Retrieved 31 January 2020. Keyes comes from a big family... and enjoys writing about life inside a large nest. Marian Keyes (born 10 September 1963) is an Irish author and radio presenter. She is principally known for her popular fiction. Right, missy.” Mum consulted a sheet of paper, an hour-by-hour schedule of all my medication—antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, antidepressants, sleeping pills, high-impact vitamins, painkillers that induced a very pleasant floaty feeling, and a member of the Valium family, which she had ferried away to a secret location.I’ll bring you up some ice cream in a minute, pet,” Mum said. “Tell me, I’m dying to know, did you get your mark?” In 2019 the National Library of Ireland announced that the Keyes digital archive for her novel The Mystery of Mercy Close would be acquired by the Library as a pilot project for collecting " born digital" archives. [12]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment