276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Glasgow Kiss

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Some of the plot was a little bit too dull, I really was only interested in this because it's set in Glasgow and I have much love for the place, however, this didn't really add anything to the story. In a bid to settle down quickly and feel fulfilled, she turns desperately to online dating, and we watch her hilarious sexual escapades swirl out of control trying to bag the ideal man. I read it in a day and being from Glasgow was excited to read about someone dating and living in the area. It was way too enjoyable to be left aside and a great cheer up for all of us single girls out there!

Zara's an infinitely relatable character; she's funny and goofy and constantly second-guessing herself. We are doing this to improve the experience for our loyal readers and we believe it will reduce the ability of trolls and troublemakers, who occasionally find their way onto our site, to abuse our journalists and readers. We've all had endless supplies of dating experiences, from the weird to downright quirky and OMG epic scenarios, but like Zara, nothing beats catching up with the besties and offloading the hot gossip.

The main character repeatedly talks about neds and chavs and people who use the subway with disdain despite being a student herself and pointing out repeatedly how little money she has.

She had such a negative attitude and the message that being skinny because you’ve been so sad over a guy that you don’t eat was never addressed and almost written like it was a positive thing to happen. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I was hooked on this book and read it in one day as I was dying to find out if Zara would meet the one! She has almost completed her degree, living out a rented apartment owned by her Mother and vastly approaching thirty. This is something that definitely needs more representation in current books because most books follow the perfect main character and Zara does not feel like the perfect main character.Ultimately, though, the girl comes good with the perfect ending for her story—all she needed to be happy was her own confidence, and a man can't ever give you that! This was a kindle deal and since I'm in a bit of a romance mood at the moment, I thought I'd pick this up.

In all the spilling and leaking and splashing, though, there’s humanity and compassion as one girl struggles through shame and self-doubt to find what everyone is looking for: love and a little tenderness. The relatability, Glaswegian humour and insight into the female mind and the antics of the lead character, Zara Smith, 29, have also garnered interest from TV production companies.A group of us are all reading this at the moment as part of our newly formed and made up book club and honestly we couldn't have chosen a better book to start with. It’ll be fun and I’ll be signing copies of my book too – it’s the perfect Christmas present for your girlfriends. With competition ramping up in Glasgow, Zara and her friends at Individualise can't pass up an opportunity to promote their aesthetics clinic - especially not when it involves an all-expenses-paid quick getaway to Dubai! A Glasgow Kiss was originally a self-published novel, as Gravia admits she had no idea how to approach publishers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment