276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AKG K612PRO Open-Back Over-Ear Premium Reference Studio Headphones

£89.5£179.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Speaking of ears, how do they fit? What’s the build like? Are there any cosmetic differences? Absolutely. Below the K612 and K702 measured by Sonarworks. Though they have a test fixture that is much like mine. The increased upper treble (clarity is not affected, it resides lower in the frequency band) can be lowered quite simply.

AKG K612PRO Open-Back Over-Ear Premium Reference Studio

The K701’s bass rolls off slightly more than the 702’s, but at the end of the day, all three (701/702/612) are very similar.

This thread is an introduction to the K612 (virtual unknown), and a comparison with the more popular K702. There is a small (1.5dB) level matching difference between Left and Right driver between 20Hz and 1kHz but did not really detect it at all. It is there non-the-less and seems to be a driver variation difference. I re-measured it a few times, just to make sure.

K612 | DIY-Audio-Heaven K612 | DIY-Audio-Heaven

Después de mas de treinta años con mi viejo (pero excelente) AKG K240 Studio Monitor de 600 Ohm., he pensado en renovar "el parque" de escucha; y antes de dicidirme por un modelo u otro, he decidido probar estos auriculares por el precio y por las críticas leidas en varios foros con respecto a sus hermanos mayores K701, K702. The shape of your head, bone structure, pad size, pad ‘softness, (compliance), hair or no hair and or wearing glasses may (drastically) change the frequency response of some headphones, so… your personal experience may differ substantially from these plots. ortho transplants: Fostex T40v1/Phiaton PS500, SFI-120/Sextett, Fostex T50rp/V-Moda Crossfade, Fostex T50rp/Beyer COPSoundstage: I personally find the soundstage on the large side on this headphone, while it's not huge, it's not really what I call medium sized either, just simply large. The soundstage has good width and the depth and height aren't bad either. My source in testing is the 1/4inch headphone output of my TEAC UD-H01 DAC/Amp connected via USB to my Windows 8.1 desktop. I use the foobar2000 player with EQ off playing various files from FLAC to m4a to mp3 (VBR/CBR 320). In terms of sound signature preferences I like more mid centric headphones with tight, accurate bass (quality over quantity). I frequently have long listening sessions and I do get irritated by sibilance on certain bright headphones like the DT 990. I enjoy all genres of music spanning across many different era's. Enough about me, I've had this headphone for a few weeks now and after 50+ hours of burn in and constant use I am happy to share my experience. One can expect the elastic bands for regulating the headband height to loose it’s tension after a few years. TV/"Home theatre" Setup: Sony Bravia KDL42w653a (calibrated with Spyder4Pro and HCFR) -> miniDSP 2x4 -> JBL 308P Mkii Speakers (2-channel) & SVS SB-1000 Pro Subwoofer

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment