276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sixpence Pud Christmas Pudding Gin Liqueur 20% Abv in Gift Box, 50cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mixed Dried Fruit – I’ve used an equal weight of raisins, currants and apricots for some extra fruit flavour. You can use whatever you like most. Just make the weight up with your favourites, but have a good base of about 2/3 of dark vine fruit. You can also experiment with the fruits that you’d like to include - we’ve kept it fairly simple below, with just the addition of bright and citrusy orange zest, but popping some clementines, sloes or even plums into the mixture while it’s steeping would result in a wonderfully deep, flavoured result. You can also add more or less sugar based on how sweet and syrupy you want your gin liqueur to come out - the more sugar you add, the more treacly your liqueur will become (all the better for drinking neat or over ice!).

Winter is made for infusions, concentrating and capturing flavours to last through the colder months. This one is like Christmas pudding in a glass. Step Seven – Although you can keep your gin in a jar, it will pour better from a bottle. You will definitely want to decant your Christmas pudding gin into pretty bottles if it is a Christmas gift. These need to be clean and dry, but you don’t really need to sterilise them unless you want to.Making homemade liqueurs is much easier than you might think. This one only needs about three – four days to infuse, so even if you are running out of time to find the perfect present, you may have found it here. Why make Christmas gin

The stunning spherical bottle was custom made and comes dressed as a Christmas pudding holly sprig and all. The spirit within is as dazzling as the bottle itself. Gently shake this rich gin liqueur to awaken its golden shimmer and festive spices. Pour a little and discover flavours of vine fruits cinnamon candied orange vanilla ginger nutty marzipan and sweet juniper. It’s enough to put a rosy glow into the cheeks. Sip Snow Globe Gin’s Sixpence Pud neat alongside Christmas pudding or a mince pie. Alternatively serve it as an aperitif mixed with Prosecco as a digestif over ice or use it to charge the hip flask for a walk on Boxing Day. To find the best liqueur, our panel of 10 WSET-trained experts and consumers tried 37 fun flavours from the leading supermarkets and brands. They were looking for a well-balanced, easy-drinking liqueur they’d be proud to serve at the end of a meal. All products were served chilled and blind to prevent brand bias. Instead of wasting the infused fruit, you can add it to all sorts of dishes. Eat it on ice cream, in mince pies, or use it instead of mincemeat in this Christmas fudge recipe. Alternatively, add it to a fruit tea loaf. As with other liqueurs, store this in a cool dark cupboard. It is best consumed within a year, because the flavours can start to fade if you keep it longer. Hints and tipsBefore you start, read my step-by-step instructions, with photos, hints and tips so you can make this perfectly every time. I like to sip my Christmas liqueurs from a shot glass. If you prefer, you can serve over ice or add to mixed drinks. Flavour 👅 “A vibrant expression of orchard fruits, a mixture of ripe and unripe, with minerals, and a natural spice on the palate.” These days, there’s so much more than Irish cream to choose from too — new, innovative flavours are inspired by comforting desserts, seasonal spices and plenty of chocolate. If you want your gin Christmas gifts to look really fancy, you can crumble in a pinch of culinary gold leaf when you bottle your gin.

If you are experimenting with the recipe write down what you did, it is really annoying to make the perfect infusion and not remember the recipe! The joy of this simple recipe is that it’s not only easy to make at home, but it’s totally flexible; the number of spices we’ve suggested in our easy recipe below are merely our own preference, so feel free to experiment with the flavours you like; so if you are not so keen on cloves, for instance, just leave them out! Sweet and oh-so-indulgent, liqueurs are the perfect end to any meal. Typically, they will have a lower ABV of around 15-20% (as opposed to a straight spirit such as gin, which will be upwards of 40%), making them ideal drunk neat or over ice. Talk about getting into the Christmas spirit, I don’t know how much more festive you can get, this Sixpence Pud Christmas Pudding Gin Liqueur might just be the perfect drink to get you into the Christmas mood.Due to the sugar content, liqueurs tend to have a much sweeter taste and more of a syrupy texture than gin. Do you mix anything with gin liqueur? Spices – I’ve added a mix of cinnamon, mixed spices, cloves and all spice. You can choose your own, and any warming spices would be delicious. I don’t like too much spice, and don’t want to mask the fruit. If heavy spice is your thing, then go wild. My infused Christmas gin, brimming with all the warm, sweet flavours of the traditional pud, makes a delicious nightcap or digestif. When creating this year’s Christmas drink, they took inspiration from the old tradition of placing half a sixpence into a pudding mix, the whole family would stir the pot at least once and whoever found the sixpence in their serving on Christmas Day would enjoy wealth and prosperity for the year ahead. The Sparkling Wine Sugar – Different sugars have different flavours, so take this into account. Because the dried fruit already adds lots of sweetness, you should not be tempted to over do it. Soft dark brown or muscavado sugar adds notes of treacle and caramel, while a lighter sugar would pair well with lighter fruits.

Muscovado Sugar – This adds both colour and a lovely treacly caramel note. You can also use dark brown soft sugar. A lighter sugar like golden caster will make a lighter gin in both colour and flavour.

It makes sense that a festive spirit will help get you into the, ahem, festive spirit, so of course we're getting excited about Christmas gins. These seasonal offerings infuse a gin base with all manner of festive flavours, from candy canes, mulled wine, Christmas pudding, and cranberries to clementines, frankincense, myrrh, and even Brussels sprouts — yes, really. That takes the trend for unusual gins to next-level greatness. The renewed fashion for gin in recent years means many of us are looking for gin Christmas gifts, and this homemade liqueur is one that you can be sure won’t be duplicated. Gin – I use a supermarket own brand. You don’t want one of those fancy botanical versions, as they are expensive and all the subtle flavours that make them expensive will be lost. You don’t want anything rough either. A dry London gin works well.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment