276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Almanac: A Seasonal Guide to 2023: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It's also good to know what the ocean is doing and when it's safe or desirable to take a trip to the beach, take our shoes and socks off, and experience the sensation of bare feet on Earth's ground for a while. Talking of which, the “bun of the month” feature is fabulous, from making marzipan hot cross buns in April, to enjoying Irish barmbrack buns for Hallowe’en. From astronomy to philosophy by way of cookery, music and the environment, Lia Leendertz has all bases covered to keep her readers grounded and in touch with their mental well-being.

You will find yourself referring to The Almanac all year long, revisiting it again and again, and looking forward to the next edition as the year draws to a close. An Almanac also gives information about the Zodiac, here the author includes an introduction to the zodiac and gives information for Capricorn followed by a folk song. The Almanac: A Seasonal Guide to 2023 gives you the tools and inspiration you need to celebrate, mark and appreciate each month of the year in your own particular way. Read more about the condition New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages.

And so this month we come to glittering, sparkling life, just as nature reaches its most complete hibernation. I hope you will make this beautifully illustrated and presented book your own and keep it by your side to remind you get close to Nature through 2023. Written in an accessible style with some super smattering of humour in a conversational tone, readers will find recipes and songs, notable dates and traditions, the zodiac and gardens so that there’s everything from the seas to the skies contained here.

The illustrations by Whooli Chen are beautiful and I couldn’t decide if they would have been even better in colour or whether that would detract from their exquisite subtlety. For a small hardback book this book contains a wealth of information, fascinating facts and interesting, useful information. On this day, the Devil fell from Heaven and landed on a bramble; he duly cursed its fruits so blackberries are not to be eaten after this day!I have picked out some favourites, such as the Folk Song for Aries’ Ram “The Derby Ram” given where I live. When the zodiac symbol is drawn, it also picks out the shape of the star formation that gives the consolation its name. There are also features on each month’s unique aspects — what to plant, and what to watch out for in the wild, in the sky, and in your garden — with suggestions for ways we can celebrate nature through folk songs, decorations, and what we eat.

This compact and pocket-sized guide has the feel and weight of a traditional almanac, and provides practical information for expeditions, meteor-spotting nights and beach holidays. Then I discovered Lia Leendertz and her 'seasonal guide' Almanacs published in Great Britain every year which make it a breeze! Each month covers topics such as moon phases, sea temperatures, sunset and sunrise times and nature.

You will find yourself referring to The Almanac all year long, revisiting it again and again, and looking forward to the next edition as the year draws to a close. Taking in the sea breeze and feeling the strong rhythm of the sea makes us wonder why we don't do these things more often.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment