276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Atlas Six

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A Love Letter to I’m Sorry and a Tribute to Funny Moms in 3 Bits By Annie Berke September 6, 2023 | 11:48am

The Atlas Series by Olivie Blake - Goodreads

It’s not my fault the subject of Fowler’s inadequacy is evergreen,” Nico replied, and were it not for the fact that they were directly in front of all of their classmates and a great number of their faculty and staff as well, Libby would not have paused for an additional centering breath and instead entertained whatever her abilities compelled her to do. He did, but—” Nico broke off, catching himself, while Libby silently congratulated her success. “Very funny, Rhodes.”

Unfortunately, setting fire to Nico de Varona’s undergarments was considered unacceptable behavior. The concept of The Atlas Six, whilst not particularly original, is done in such a beautiful manner that it feels entirely unique. Olivie Blake takes the premise of a lethal competition to new heights as she weaves it into a dark academia story full of magic and secrets. This is a great novel for fans of books like The Secret History and A Deadly Education, among others. The Atlas Six is based upon the idea of the lost Library of Alexandria and the knowledge it held, but in this world, the Library has become a secret society hidden from mortals and open exclusively to the most talented magicians. The Alexandrian Society is a secret society of magical academicians, the best in the world. Their members are caretakers of lost knowledge from the greatest civilizations of antiquity. And those who earn a place among their number will secure a life of wealth, power, and prestige beyond their wildest dreams. Each decade, the world’s six most uniquely talented magicians are selected for initiation – and here are the chosen few… When the candidates are recruited by the mysterious Atlas Blakely, they are told they must spend one year together to qualify for initiation. During this time, they will be permitted access to the Society’s archives and judged on their contributions to arcane areas of knowledge. Five, they are told, will be initiated. One will be eliminated. If they can prove themselves to be the best, they will survive. Most of them.

The Atlas Series | Olive Blake The Atlas Series | Olive Blake

Some of the characters took me longer to warm up to than others, but I appreciated the all of their POVs to see their contrasting outlooks on life. If I had to choose a favourite character, it might be Libby Rhodes and Tristan Caine, but truly they were all great in their own right. With such a range of characters, I’m sure everyone will easily find a character to love and/or relate to. I do not get—” Another breath. Two breaths, for good measure. “I do not get stage fright,” she managed, more evenly this time, “and even if I did, what exactly would you do to help me?” In some highly distant, extremely generous sense, Libby could see how that was understandable. Nico was enormously likable, unfairly so, and no matter how clever or talented Libby was, students and faculty alike preferred Nico to her. Whatever gift it was he had, it was like Midas’ touch. Nico had an effortless ability to turn nonsense into gold, more a reflex than a skill, and Libby, a gifted academic, had never been able to learn it. Nico’s brand of easy charm had no metric for study, no identifiable markers of finesse. Please,” Nico scoffed under his breath, “you and I both know that nobody wasted any time voting on something as idiotic as who should give the commencement speech. Half the people here are already drunk,” he pointed out, and while Libby knew he was more right than she’d ever admit to him being, she also knew it was a sore subject. He could pretend at nonchalance as much as he liked, but she knew he never enjoyed losing to her, whether he considered it a subject of importance or not. There wasn’t a lot of natural life […] but what did exist – the decorative plants sitting idly in the corners, handfuls of cut flowers in vases meant for sympathy – had crept towards her infant form like nervous children, anxious and yearning and fearful of death”

🍪 Privacy & Transparency

He also had a monstrous capacity to fool people into thinking he knew what he was talking about, which he resolutely did not. Sometimes, maybe. But certainly not always. An Ode to the Horniest Sitcom Parents, the Belchers and the Wilkersons By Clare Martin April 11, 2023 | 10:40am The problem with knowledge, is its inexhaustible craving. the more of it you have, the less you feel you know” Apr 21 2022 The Atlas six by Olivie Blake Pan Macmillan, 2022. ISBN: 9781529095241. (Age: Adult) Recommended for adults. The much-anticipated final installment in Olivie Blake’s trilogy that began with the New York Times bestselling phenomenon, The Atlas Six.

Review: The Atlas Six – stories with saima Review: The Atlas Six – stories with saima

For my first review on this blog I decided to go for one about a recent favourite of mine – The Atlas Six! I read this after it being highly recommended by a friend (shoutout to Bie!) and going in I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did. TA6 is a brilliant novel focusing on six magical characters who are invited to be a part of the Alexandrian society, one that promises power and knowledge but, like all good things, comes at a cost. Incandescence aside, this was to be a very different sort of day, as it was finally going to be the last of them. Barring any accidental encounters, which Libby was certain they’d both furiously ignore—Manhattan was a big place, after all, with plenty of people ravenously avoiding each other—she and Nico were finally going their separate ways, and she would never have to work with Nico de Varona again. She’d practically burst into song over it that morning, which her boyfriend, Ezra, presumed to be the consequence of the occasion’s more immediate matters: either graduating top of her class (tied with Nico, but there was no use focusing on that), or delivering the NYUMA valedictory speech. Neither accolade was anything to scoff at, obviously, but the more enticing prospect was the newness of the era approaching. To say I can't wait for the sequel is an understatement. Do yourself a favour and buy this immediately!’ Lethally smart. Filled with a cast of brilliantly realized characters, each entangled with one another in torturously delicious ways, The Atlas Six will grip you by the throat and refuse to let go. Olivie Blake is a mind-blowing talent. " — Chloe Gong, author of New York Times bestselling These Violent Delights Swimmingly,” said Nico, flashing her one of his charming smiles. It was the worst thing about him, really, that he could be such a non-headache with everyone who wasn’t Libby. Nico de Varona was every teacher’s favorite; when it came to their peers, everyone wanted to be him or date him, or at the very least befriend him.

Following recruitment by the mysterious Atlas Blakely, they travel to the Society’s London headquarters. Here, each must study and innovate within arcane subject areas. And if they can prove themselves, over a year, they’ll survive.

The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake - Book Trigger Warnings The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake - Book Trigger Warnings

At the heart of it, this is a character-driven novel exploring academia and magic. Our six main characters are highly skilled in their individual fields, but even they haven’t heard of this mysterious society they’ve been invited to that offers access to research you wouldn’t find anywhere else. It’s enticing both to the characters and myself – I want to find out more about this literature not available to everyone, and what secrets this society might hold. As the story unfolds, you get to learn more about not only the magic in this world but also the characters and their abilities. The different POV chapters really capture how distinct the characters are in both their lives and their abilities – Olivie Blake writes this so well because by the end of the novel I feel like I truly know these characters and their motivations. Lethally smart. Filled with a cast of brilliantly realized characters, each entangled with one another in torturously delicious ways, The Atlas Six will grip you by the throat and refuse to let go. Olivie Blake is a mind-blowing talent The lessons the characters had could get a bit too lofty and philosophical for me (and fortunately some of the characters also agreed with me on this), but it really inspired some questions for me and characters about their capabilities, and had me yearning to know more about the extent of their power.

Chloe Gong, New York Times bestselling author of These Violent Delights The Atlas Six introduces six of the most devious, talented, and flawed characters to ever find themselves in a magical library, and then sets them against one another in a series of stunning betrayals and reversals. As much a delicious contest of wit, will, and passion as it is of magic, this book is half mystery, half puzzle, and wholly a delight If you like character-driven stories that mix dark academia with magic then this might be the book for you! The prose was so pretty and the characters so interesting, I’m so invested in this world and excited for the sequel. For Nico, who was used to getting his way, Libby was purely an annoyance. She’d found him smug and arrogant from the moment they met and hadn’t hesitated to tell him so, and there was nothing Nico de Varona hated more than someone who didn’t adore him on sight. It was probably the first trauma he’d ever suffered. Knowing him, the idea that a woman could exist who didn’t worship at his feet must have kept him up at night. For Libby, however, things were far more complex. For all that their personalities clashed, Nico was something far worse than just an average asshole. He was also an obnoxious, classist reminder of everything Libby failed to possess. Plot: The Atlas Six is undoubtedly a character-driven novel that allows for a fascinating exploration of the human psyche in a world of magic and science.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment