276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Le Creuset Enamelled Cast Iron Heart-Shaped Casserole Dish With Lid, 18 cm, 1.9 Litres, Cerise, 25105020602460

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Butter:salted or unsalted butter work well in this recipe. Keep in mind you have multiple steps and layers of this recipe that require seasoning, so whatever kind of butter you use, be willing to taste and adjust seasoning as you go so your finished casserole is properly seasoned.

Be sure to use frozen artichoke hearts. The canned artichoke hearts tend be marinated and it completely changes the flavor of the dish.

But the real reward was the perfectly tender and flavorful artichoke heart at the center of it all. It’s well-seasoned with cheese, bread crumbs and plenty of the kind of love you can only find in the very best of your Grandma's cooking. How many people does this recipe feed? As written, this particular recipe feeds around 6-8 people. That said, this recipe is pretty adaptable for whatever amount of people you'll be serving. The original recipe is one of those great family recipes that are done entirely by feel! I gave some basic measurements, but I strongly encourage you to do it to taste and to what feels right. The bottom line is, be liberal with the cheese and breadcrumbs (and did I mention the cheese?! ). Since this type of cheese is particularly salty, it's used in place of salt. You don't want to skimp on it! Before we take our stroll down the streets of Paris, let's talk about buying scallops! Tips for buying scallops:

Sherry:Ina's recipe calls for cognac, but dry sherry is my preference here. Brandy or white wine are two other great options to add depth and flavor to your scallop casserole dish. Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Now add the shallots and sauté for 2 minutes, until fragrant and softened. Add sliced mushrooms to the shallots and cook for about 6 minutes, stirring frequently. I don't know the exact origin of this dish, but I suspect it was derived from her (amazing!) Stuffed Artichokes, which were a huge favorite of mine as a kid. From a very early age, I loved the novelty of taking those artichoke petals (Is it petals? Leaves? Why do I not know the correct terminology for this?? ) and scraping all the delicious artichoke and filling off off them with my teeth.

This sophisticated casserole is a homage to French culinary traditions. At its heart, Coquille St. Jacques is a celebration of the sea, featuring plump and tender scallops as the star ingredient. But it's the velvety sauce that elevates this dish to a gourmet level. It's the decadent French seafood dish perfect for your holiday celebrations, dinner parties and date-nights-at-home. Grab a baguette and beret and let's get this Parisian Party started!

Add sherry cream sauce into the pan with shallots and mushrooms and stir to combine as it's heating. Taste and adjust seasoning. The sauce should be a little too salty at this point.Next, place scallops in the mushroom cream sauce. Stir gently, coating the seafood in the sauce. Appearance:The color of scallops can vary, but they should generally be a creamy white or pale pink color. Avoid scallops that appear dull, discolored, or have a slimy texture. Begin making the French scallops by building the savory sauce. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add flour and cook the roux for 2 minutes, whisking. In the preparation, there is the slightly grisly business of trimming out any nasty tubes or gristle but you can always ask your butcher to do that for you. Furthermore, by wrapping the heart in streaky bacon you do sort of hide the fact of what you are eating and bacon does deliver a sort of all-round win to a dish don’t you think?Next, pour in the dry sherry (cognac or white wine) and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and set aside. Lemon: this decadent scallop dish is gets its balance from a squeeze of lemon juice when serving and a flurry of lemon zest while still warm. Combine sherry cream sauce with the shallots and mushrooms and stir to combine as it's heating. Taste and adjust seasoning. The sauce should be a little too salty at this point.

Next, make the crispy topping. Combine homemade bread crumbs (or panko), fresh diced parsley, Gruyere cheese, and olive oil in a medium bowl. Toss together to moisten the crumbs. Set aside. But today, I am so thrilled to share these Baked Artichoke Hearts. They have all the delicious flavor of Rosie's beloved Stuffed Artichokes with a fraction of the work. And most artichoke heart recipes tend to be a dip of some sort, so it’s nice to have something a little different. Trust me when I say, you’ll want them at every holiday dinner! Add in the cream, curry powder, 1 teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.If the suggestion of eating heart on Valentine’s Day does still wrinkles noses though, try this recipe out anyway and try blindfolding your partner before sliding a forkful of tenderness into their mouth.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment