276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you’re looking for great budget bookshelf speakers, then I highly recommend you take a look at the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers. I’ve already reviewed its little brother, the Wharfedale diamond 9.0, which has been on the market for a while as well. Brand new in Johor Bahru near Singapore for a steal 190 USD a pair. Running on Denon AVR 1906 + Wharfedale CS centre and 2 pairs of Wahrfedale 9.1. mains and surround with wharfedale award winning SW150 subs, QED silver anni biwire cables. Mids- The Kevlar cone has self-dampening properties and the tapered shape of the speakers help to reduce resonance to an inaudible volume. All instruments shine through, and the brass sections in Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" and Frank Sinatra's "The Best Is Yet to Come" are not harsh. Vocals are incredible- male and female voices. The musicality of the Diamond 9.1's is astonishing.

of the best Wharfedale speakers of all time | What Hi-Fi? 10 of the best Wharfedale speakers of all time | What Hi-Fi?

This is certainly true of the enclosure, which has curved sides to add stiffness to the structure and disperse horizontal standing waves and reflections. Twin ports, claimed to reduce distortion by 40 per cent, are fitted into the front panel. The Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers can be bi-wired, which means you can connect more audio speakers to your hi-fi system. This will assure a separation of the single paths to the high and low frequencies resulting in cleaner and more precise sound. Fortunately, that is pretty much a thing of the past today, not because the spouse has changed but rather good sounding gears no longer cost an arm, leg and both ears. Take Wharfedale’s multi-award winning Diamond 9.1 speakers for instance. This rather small, diminutive pair of speakers speaks, or should I say sings for themselves. F1 Custom throws big and stable soundstage, the width may exceed physical boundaries with some recordings. The cabinet isn't just compact, it's also very solid. This combination gives the Diamonds an extremely accurate sound quality as the cabinet doesn't flex or vibrate. Equally impressive are the drive units. A soft dome tweeter gives the clarity and smoothness of sound you'd expect from a more expensive speaker, while the woofer cone uses a carbon fibre type weave to offer extremely taut and responsive bass.I think they're very good looking in the cherry finish, especially for a speaker at this price point.

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Bookshelf Speakers White Pair

A speaker may offer a flat on-axis response, but how that response changes to the speaker's sides also affects its perceived tonal balance. Here the little Wharfedale also performed well, with a wide, even lateral dispersion below 8kHz or so (fig.5). What appears to be a slight flare at the bottom of the tweeter's passband in this graph is actually the small notch at 4kHz in the on-axis response filling in to the speaker's sides. In the vertical plane (fig.6), the overlap in the crossover region between the two drive-units leads to a peak developing in the low treble more than 10° above the tweeter axis, and a corresponding notch more than 10° below that axis. Suitable stands should be used to place the Diamond 9.1s' tweeters at ear level. As I mentioned before, the main difference between the 9.1s and 9.0s is the bass. The Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers offer huge amounts of top-end detail, which is reflecting in the final listening experience.Add some great-value dedicated stands (that also double as storage for records) and you have a pair of speakers that represent excellent value for money. They’ve been a huge hit for the company since their introduction, and rightly so. Diamond 9.1 proves good audio can still be attainable to shoppers on a budget. Found here is a bookshelf speaker. Even if you're tight for cash, impressive sound for a Hi-Fi isn't unattainable. Technophobes Need Not Worry So for a speaker under USD500 (or 300 pound), I find the F1 Custom is really good, with the following characteristics:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment