276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shure SRH440 Professional Studio Headphones, Enhanced Frequency Response and Extended Range for Home and Studio Recording, with Detachable Coiled Cable, Carrying Bag and 1/4" Adapter (SRH440-BK-EFS)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Personally, I love the design of the Shure SRH-440's they are not designed in any way to be fashion headphones. Rather the 440s are designed for their purpose and that is as a studio or home monitor. There is nothing too flashy about them, more so they are quite utilitarian in the looks department but one thing you do notice right away is they look classy. Treble is certainly less bright than a 7506 and does tend to work better over longer listening sessions.

The 440s also sound smooth from the mid-bass up to the lower midrange. Bass can sound slightly reticent, but most instruments have their fundamentals present and accounted for. I know it may seem that I am a little down on the Shure SRH-440 headphones when it comes to sound quality, this couldn't be further from the truth. The sound quality is excellent it’s just that to me it is excellent in what I would want in a studio monitor headphone as opposed to a highly engaging listening device. In day-to-day use as my sole recreational daily driver, I could see myself easily demanding more from the Shure headphone when I just want to enjoy my tunes. Simply inferior to its younger brother TH02. Very dull and muddy presentation. The model uses the same ear cups as TH02 but contains different drive units. The driver may have better components but execution must be bad. Not worth the asking price. Clean, open sound reminsicent of the HD800, with a bit of midbass bloat and upper midrange shoutiness.Looks like they have an entirely redesigned build and comfort, which is great news for those familiar with the old pairs (especially the 440). Also, no more coiled cable! An interesting in-between of DD and estat timbre, though tuning around the lower midrange may be off. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.

Hard to explain what exactly this sounds like, but the first thing you'd hear is probably the treble roll-off. Spicy sibilance and bloated bass are disappointments in what is otherwise an extremely dynamic headphone.The Shure SRH840 is more expensive, and offers a more linear and extended sound, especially in the bass and lower midrange.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment