276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Brighton Mermaid: The gripping thriller from the bestselling author of The Ice Cream Girls

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Whilst Jude is away Nell can’t help but notice the dead girls distinctive tattoo, a tattoo that will eventually lead to the press calling her ‘The Brighton Mermaid.’ We were both staring at her. She looked soft, lying there on top of the pebbles, half in, half out the water, her face serene. Even with the foamy tide continuously nudging at her, trying to get her to wake up, she was still; tranquil, lifeless.”

What Pope had done had sliced away pieces of my father’s soul, leaving him diminished. He was still him – he had the same stature and deep, commanding voice. But he was also fretful in quiet moments, distant where before he had been engaged.”

About Brighton:

It will be a rare chance to marvel at the real-life mermaids as they join sea turtles, Lulu and Gulliver, in the Day & Night Ocean experience. If you catch their eye, you may even get a mer-mazing greeting! The identity of this young woman is never discovered and she becomes known as the Brighton Mermaid. Nell and Jude’s lives change overnight and whilst Nell struggles to understand why the police are convinced that she and her family have something to do with the body, Jude disappears. Hello, my name's Dorothy Koomson and I'll try to make this bit that's all about me as interesting as possible. The story begins twenty-five years ago; it’s 1993 in Brighton Beach and Nell and Jude are teenagers. They’ve sneaked out without their parents knowledge to go to a party thrown by a local boy. They are making their way home in the early hours when they discover a body laying on the sand.

Another event just weeks later profoundly effected Nell’s future as well. On the morning of Thursday the 15th July Nell’s dad woke her up to inform her that Jude had gone missing and to find out if she knew anything about where she had gone. 25 years later she is still missing and the search for her and the Brighton Mermaid consumes her.

Look inside Cineworld Brighton

I didn’t want to leave. I wanted to have the life I thought I would live, as best friends with Nell, getting a proper boyfriend, passing my exams, going to university. I didn’t want to leave but if I wasn’t going to go to the police then I had to, because I couldn’t live in a house with my dad and pretend.” The Brighton Mermaid by Dorothy Koomson made it onto our list of New Books to Look Out for in May 2018. The reason it made this list initially is that I love Dorothy Koomson’s books and I always read her new books. Having read it I would promote it to the top of my list of books to read this year let alone in May.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment