276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Who Gives A Crap – Premium Bamboo Toilet Roll | Box of 48 Toilet Rolls (3-Ply, 370 Sheets) | Soft, Strong, Sustainable, Biodegradable, Plastic-Free

£11.995£23.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Writing an ode to toilet paper is not something I ever imagined doing, but here we are. For me, it’s been a real game changer in many ways, and not only because of its sustainability credentials. I first came across it while setting myself the Plastic Free July challenge in 2018. It is as it sounds, where you avoid single-use plastic for an entire month. For me, I was obsessed with the idea of no longer buying rolls of toilet paper that came in that annoyingly thin clear plastic that’s so hard for consumers to recycle. And the onus falls on to us to deal with it, not the huge companies producing it. These are the benefits for consumers and the environment, but it doesn’t stop there. The brand is doing big and impressive things with its business model to help the people who most need it. But really, we love toilet paper because for us, it's our way of making a difference. We started Who Gives A Crap when we learnt that 2.4 billion people don't have access to a toilet (now 2 billion – yay for progress!). That's roughly 40% of the global population and means that around 289,000 children under five die every year from diarrhoeal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation. That's almost 800 children per day, or one child every two minutes. To put this into context, in the UK alone we use a staggering 1.3 million tonnes of tissue a year, according to the Confederation of Paper Industries. That’s estimated to be around 127 rolls per consumer every year.

We delivered our first product in March 2013 and have been thrilled to keep growing ever since. Not just because our toilet paper is gracing bathrooms across the country but also because we donate 50% of our profits to help build toilets and improve sanitation in the developing world. Though we're still growing, and now make more than just toilet paper, we always want to stay true to our roots: toilet humor and making the world a better place. Of course, some brands do use recycled materials, but incredibly this has decreased over the past few years, despite a strong rise in interest in environmentalism, recycling and finding alternatives to single-use plastics. COVID has undeniably propelled this decrease with the use of single-use masks and PPE, along with a rise in single-use coffee cups and other utensils in a bid to stop the spread of the virus.

Sharing is caring – help us spread the good news

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment