276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Igor

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

AND AS FAR AS MUSIC COMPARISONS GO: IF YOUR FAVORITE ARTIST (OR ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE ARTISTS) CHANGED THEIR ALBUM AFTER 3 MONTHS, WOULDN'T YOU BE GOING CRAZY OVER IT? AGAIN, SAME THING.

SO YES, I DO REALLY LOVE THIS ALBUM. IN FACT, I THINK IT'S AMONG THE GREATEST ALBUMS OF ALL TIME. FOR CONTEXT, HERE ARE MY TOP 4 ALBUMS OF ALL TIME (FROM 4 TO 1; TOP 2-3 CAN BE INTERCHANGEABLE AT TIMES):BEFORE WE GET FURTHER INTO THIS, I'D LIKE YOU GUYS TO KNOW THAT ME WRITING IN ALL CAPS DOESN'T MEAN I'M PISSED OFF. I'M NOT YELLING AT YOU, OK? The album received a GRAMMY Award for “Best Rap Album” at the 62nd Annual GRAMMY Awards. This choice stirred up some controversy, as some believed that the album should not be considered a rap album and the nomination was racially motivated. Tyler himself stated his frustrations during a Radio Room Interview after the GRAMMYs: Thematically, IGOR’s arc describes a love story: falling madly in love but eventually breaking it off and accepting that the relationship is over while attempting to remain friends. SOME PEOPLE IN HERE ARE QUESTIONING WHY I HAD TO WRITE A THIRD PIECE ABOUT "IGOR," THINKING THAT I'M JUST PUSHING IT ON READERS AS HARD AS I CAN AND THAT I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO SHUT UP ABOUT HOW GREAT THIS ALBUM IS..

IGOR (pronounced EEE-GORE), released on May 17, 2019, is Tyler, the Creator’s sixth studio album. The announcement of the album came after some speculations the week before, followed by the release of four snippets on Tyler, The Creator’s social media platforms. Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge.In a way, what “BOYFRIEND” is to IGOR is similar to what “Saint Pablo” is to The Life Of Pablo, in that they’re both songs that fit into the narratives of their respective albums yet were added months after the albums’ initial releases (“Saint Pablo” was added to TLOP 4 months after its first edit dropped). However, there’s a major difference between the two. “Saint Pablo” brings the stunning TLOP narrative full circle, as well as creating a loop out of Kanye’s career up until that point. (“We Don’t Care,” the first song from Ye’s 2004 debut LP The College Dropout, features the line “we weren’t supposed to make it past 25, joke’s on you, we still alive” while “Saint Pablo,” The Life Of Pablo’s closer, has the line “I wasn’t supposed to make it past 25.”) That loop is what makes The Life Of Pablo such a great album (I hold it in equally high regard as I do IGOR; both are in my top 4 albums of all time) with such an emotionally moving narrative. The addition of “BOYFRIEND” to IGOR doesn’t create an earth-shattering change in the album (albeit still a significant one) and doesn’t drastically improve or ruin it either. In some ways, it’s just there. The album was voted the Genius community’s Best Album of 2019, surpassing Ariana Grande’s thank u, next and Billie Eilish’s WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?. SINCE "IGOR" IS A NARRATIVE PIECE, A CHANGE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT MEANS A LOT. IMAGINE IF THIS WAS A MOVIE AND THERE WAS A VITAL SCENE SUDDENLY ADDED IN THE MIDDLE AFTER YOU ALREADY SAW IT IN THEATRES SEVERAL TIMES. THIS IS THE SAME THING.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment