276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Silo Origines

£9.635£19.27Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We have one ongoing character arc here which starts years before the silos. And three accompanying ones with some overlapping in between. A rather big overlapping in one case. But I don’t want to spoil anything. Generally, unlike in Wool, so much makes no sense here that it destroys immersion in the book. It's just not possible to imagine that the project could have been built as described (we're to believe that construction workers didn't talk to each other, and nobody bothered to look at 5000% cost overruns on everything), nor that the triggering event could have happened without *anyone* outside the conspiracy including an entire military chain of command getting asked if the mission was authorized. Oups, j'ai cité ton billet de mémoire (et j'avais retenu ces ""longueurs"") mais je vais de ce pas retourner le lire et corriger mon billet !

Wool Wiki | Fandom Wool Wiki | Fandom

urn:lcp:siloorigines0000howe_y3y2:epub:af77ee01-b72e-4a8e-bcab-1ba9c1dcd119 Foldoutcount 0 Identifier siloorigines0000howe_y3y2 Identifier-ark ark:/13960/s2vvcws8pvq Invoice 1652 Isbn 9782253133063 While this is not the adrenaline paced, thumb sweating read that Wool was, Howey’s world is still extremely well imagined. The Shift answered many of the questions I had and gave birth to scads more. I found the first book in this trilogy, Wool, surprising and exciting in a way I haven't experienced from a science fiction book in a while. Unfortunately I didn't feel the same way about this one.There’s not as much action as in Wool. This book, at its core, is mainly about the psychological effects this barren world has on its occupants. I think Howey has pulled this off nicely. Although some passages felt a bit too long and overwritten. Silo Origines est un ouvrage complexe et passionnant. On y découvre avec horreur l'univers que l'on n'avait fait qu'effleurer dans le premier tome. Une des meilleures séries du genre. Silo - Origines, dans le recueil Silo - L'Intégrale, Actes Sud, coll.« Exofictions», 4 octobre 2017, trad.Yoann Gentric et Laure Manceau, 1536 p. ( ISBN 978-2-330-07328-2)

Mohabbat Ki Arzoo Movie Free Download - munslaphyro

Après un agréable premier tome qui m'avait bien emballé, quoi de plus naturel que d'attaquer le tome 2 ?

MargoG

Ne kiekvieną dieną rasi trilogiją, kurios viduryje – priešistorė, ir tai mane kiek baugino – imti ir dabar skaityti tai, kas buvo prieš. Ypač prisiskaičius neigiamų komentarų, dažnai rekomendavusių išvis šitą knygą praleisti. Bet aš niekaip neleisčiau sau paimti trečios dalies neperskaičiusi antros ir džiaugiuosi savo sprendimu. Ir taip, trečdalis knygos kiek atkartojo pirmosios knygos įvykius, bet tikėjausi to daug daugiau. Galbūt dėl to, kad pirmąją dalį skaičiau prieš metus ir daug kas pasimiršo, bet nekamavo jausmas, kad šitai jau žinau ir neįdomu, kamavo tik jausmas, kad štai šitai siejasi su pirmos knygos įvykiais – žiūrėk kaip faina. Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2022-04-29 22:07:18 Associated-names Manceau, Laure, traducteur; Traduction de : Howey, Hugh. Shift Autocrop_version 0.0.12_books-20220331-0.2 Bookplateleaf 0002 Boxid IA40455116 Camera Sony Alpha-A6300 (Control) Collection_set printdisabled External-identifier

Silo - Origines — Wikipédia

It was great finally getting some answers and a more complete picture of 1. The conception of the Silos 2. The world outside 3. The other Silos and 4. The end goal of the Silos.I found myself screaming at this book. I really liked the idea and I really wanted to keep reading to find out how it all ends, but I found aspects of the book really frustrating. You'll find yourself saying "for god's sake, just get on with it will you" and "Well, that doesn't fit" all the way through this book. If you can put up with that, then it's worth the read. Tropes show how literature is conceptualized and created and which mixture of elements makes works and genres unique: Why have children's books with pictures of the outside world (grass, sky, animals etc) if you are trying to hide this from the silo occupants? First Shift - Legacy' shifts (haha) between two perspectives. In the near future, junior politician Donald (an unfortunately distracting choice of character name - who would've guessed?) is tasked by his mentor with work on a secret project. Donald was an architect before he went into politics, and Senator Thurman wants him to design a massive bomb shelter. The job takes him away from the side of his wife, and puts him into uncomfortable proximity to his college ex- (Thurman's daughter) - but he can't say no, as Thurman was responsible for getting Donald elected.

Wool - Hugh Howey Wool - Hugh Howey

The conclusion to Mission’s arc is also emotional and surprising. Senator Thurman makes a powerful argument for the establishment and goal of the silos, and it seems like Donald is not going to be able to overcome a system that treats people like numbers instead of integral pieces of a whole.

TMaria

I got this in audio because the third book in Silo was BOGO on Audible, and now I'm not sure I care to read Dust (Wool, #9). I loved Wool Omnibus (Silo, #1) and thought I would be interested in reading the prequel, the "how it all happened in the first place" story, but in the end, not so much. I actually think finding out the hows and whys do a disservice to the strange and isolated world we read about in Wool and I'm sorry I read this book. I'm even sorrier I spent so many hours listening to it, although near the end it was at 2.5x speed just to get through it. The excuse for not unfreezing/waking up the women was weak. As if men wouldn't get into fights without the presence of women. J'espère que tu trouveras le temps (ce sont deux beau gros pavés) et surtout que tu apprécieras autant que moi !

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment