276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Amazon Basics DisplayPort to DVI Cable with Gold-plated connectors (1.8 m/6 Feet)

£4.87£9.74Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

DVI-A stands for analog signals only, which means it can only transmit video signals in an analog format. While this type of connection may have been beneficial for older computer systems, it is not compatible with newer display technologies. This article will clarify the distinctions in the debate between DVI-I vs. DVI-D so you can choose the one that works best for you. DVI-I vs. DVI-D: A Side-by-Side Comparison DVI connection pins are composed of the following potential components: parts of an 8×3 rectangle pinout supporting TMDS, DDC, analog vertical sync, power, hot plug detection and ground signals (Pin 1-24); 4 analog pins for RGB and horizontal sync (C1-C4); and a long flat pin for analog ground (C5). Overall, while DVI-A may still have some usefulness for older computer systems or certain applications, its limitations in terms of image quality and compatibility with newer display technologies make it less than ideal for most users seeking high-quality digital images. Dual-Link vs. Single-Link DVI

However, a male DVI-D cable can simply connect to a female DVI-I connector. Most flat-panel LCD monitors today include a DVI-D port. Overall, the DVI-D connector is similar to the DVI-I connector except for the absence of the analog portion of the signals. Pros and Cons of DVI-I and DVI-D Pros of DVI-I An earlier attempt to promulgate an updated standard to the analog VGA connector was made by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) in 1994 and 1995, with the Enhanced Video Connector (EVC), which was intended to consolidate cables between the computer and monitor. [3] [4] EVC used a 35-pin Molex MicroCross connector and carried analog video (input and output), analog stereo audio (input and output), and data (via USB and FireWire). At the same time, with the increasing availability of digital flat-panel displays, the priority shifted to digital video transmission, which would remove the extra analog/digital conversion steps required for VGA and EVC; [5] :5–6 the EVC connector was reused by VESA, [6] which released the P&D standard in 1997. [3] P&D offered single-link TMDS digital video with, as an option, analog video output and data (USB and FireWire), using a 35-pin MicroCross connector similar to EVC; the analog audio and video input lines from EVC were repurposed to carry digital video for P&D. [5] :4 [7] :§1.3.3It was introduced before the digital home theater revolution when analog inputs were still prevalent. You’ll love how DVI-I combines both analog and digital signals, making it a versatile option for all your display needs. With DVI-I compatibility, you can use this type of connector to connect various devices that support both types of signals. This means that you don’t have to worry about whether your device supports analog or digital signals because DVI-I works with both. By the early 2000s, HDMI emerged as the preferred digital interface for home theater with audio, HDCP, and other enhancements tailored to AV needs. The advantage of using DVI-I is that it allows you to transmit both types of signals through a single cable, which reduces clutter and simplifies connectivity. So, if you’re looking for a flexible solution for your display setup, consider using DVI-I connectors. DVI-D: Digital Signals Only

DVI-I single-link connectors have 23 pins (18+5) and dual-link connectors have 29 pins (24+5). DVI-I connectors do not convert analog and digital signals but can accept digital or analog signals – just not both at the same time. If a video card, monitor and cable all have DVI-I connections with the ability to support both analog and digital signals, one mode of operation has to be selected. True to their purpose, DVI-I connectors will work with all three DVI cable types. However, a male DVI-I cable will not fit in a female DVI-D connector due to its additional analog pins. Hence, when considering the rarity of a DVI-A connector, a DVI-D cable is the most commonly applicable out of the three cable types.With two serialized data links, dual-link DVI doubles the available video bandwidth to over 300 MHz. Digital signals of 1920 x 1200p for single-link and 2560 x 1600p for dual-link. Analog signals can be up to 2048 × 1536p Digital video pixel data is transported using multiple TMDS twisted pairs. At the electrical level, these pairs are highly resistant to electrical noise and other forms of analog distortion.

Some gadgets, particularly 1080p displays, still have DVI-D input connections. These monitors are DVI-D compatible, transmitting a 1080-pixel display resolution at a 60 or 144 Hertz refresh rate. Furthermore, DVI cables are inexpensive and widely available. Potential compatibility issues with graphics cards and monitors that do not support both analog and digital signal transmission.This connection exclusively transmits digital signals. It is the most often used connector for connecting DVI cards to LCD monitors. DVI-D is available in single-link and dual-link configurations. The dual-link format is more powerful and has a higher data transfer rate than the single-link format.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment