276°
Posted 20 hours ago

KEEN Women's Targhee 3 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have and do own both the 2 and the 3 in the mid hiker style. The 2’s were by far the best fitting and comfortable hiking boots I have ever (Yes Ever) owned. Separately, do Keens break in considerably or just a little bit?… I’ve tried on the Targhee II in an 8 wide and they are only minimally snug… Pretty much like a glove, but still, minimally snug. I’m confident they’d be perfect for casual use/easy hiking after getting broken in, but concerned they wont break in enough for two to four days in the canyon. Can anyone speak to the extent to which the Targhee IIs break in and stretch out? —Thanks so much. I really do appreciate it. Keen.Dry waterproofing is serviceable but falls short of Gore-Tex. Therefore, moisture buildup can be issue when hiking for extended periods in warm conditions (the non-waterproof Vent model may be the better choice in those situations).

Keen Targhee III Mid Review | Tested by GearLab Keen Targhee III Mid Review | Tested by GearLab

Feet: Use a ruler or tape measure to measure your foot (from the heel to the tip of your longest toe) Be sure to measure both feet.The footbed provides excellent arch support via an internal support mechanism. This is designed to cradle the natural contours of the foot. Targhee VENT: The upper material is mesh panels (synthetic), please keep in mind that this style does not have a KEEN.DRY membrane and therefore may have a more generous fit to that of the Targhee III and Targhee EXP With a verified weight of 2.26 pounds for a US men's size 11, the Targhee III Low is not the heaviest shoe in this review but is far from the lightest. Keen is not claiming that this is a lightweight hiking shoe; rather, it is a rugged hiking shoe designed with durability in mind. That has been achieved to a large degree, and so the almost half-pound weight difference between this pair and the lightest hiking shoes in our review is not nearly as much of a red flag as it may seem at first glance. Durability I have the Targhee lll. I don’t think it will give you the support you’re looking for because it is by design more flexible than the ll. I find myself looking for more supportive boot for the same reasons as you, and thought the ll would be better. I like the Keen fit as well. More like a running shoe than a hiking shoe, this comfortable and lightweight model offers a lot for an affordable price

Keen Shoes: sale up to −63% | Stylight Keen Shoes: sale up to −63% | Stylight

Ready for an adventure? The Keen Targhee III WP Women is the perfect companion to take with you when you are outdoor - whether hiking, trekking, or biking. Step out in confidence, without fear of giving way in public. Keen is known for creating high-quality shoes for men, women, and children and the Targhee III WP Women is no exception. It gives you adequate support and balance all through your adventure. Have no fear of unexpected weather changes such as rain because this shoe has you covered with its water-resistant mesh lining and removable metatomical dual-density EVA footbed that is carefully shaped to suit the biological human feet with a supporting arch that matches the natural contours of the foot. Sustainable Odor Control The uppers are made from leather that is sourced from an LWG-certified tannery. This means that it is environmentally preferable compared with regular leather. The leather is also treated with a PFC-free DWR (durable water repellent) coating. Internally, the uppers are lined with KEEN.Dry which is a waterproof and breathable membrane that performs in a similar way to Gore-Tex. Cushioning These are some of the most comfortable hiking shoes we have worn, and they are great for pounding out the miles About GO Outdoors Job Opportunities JD Sports Fashion PLC Modern Slavery Report GO Outdoors Partners Discover Freedom

Currently popular on idealo

If you're unaware, the "upper leather" statement (a.k.a just "upper") refers to the outer footwear construction excluding the sole. Targhee EXP: The upper material is predominately mesh (synthetic), with leather trim to the collar for added comfort and durability. I hope this review was helpful for you to understand whether the Targhee II or III would be the best choice for your own needs and desires.

Keen Targhee III Low Review | Tested by GearLab Keen Targhee III Low Review | Tested by GearLab

New and improved is the Keen Targhee III Waterproof Hiking Boot, which is an update on the brand’s iconic range. Unfortunately, a few years into my love affair with my first Targhee’s, we had to part ways. We’d spent a romantic evening by a campfire (my Targhee’s and I), and things literally got a little too steamy. I put my Targhee clad feet too close to the fire and managed to melt the sides of one of them. The big old bumpers protected my toes from the flames wonderfully. Too well, perhaps, as I couldn’t feel the heat from the fire! Aside from that, the shoes felt immediately comfortable with no rubbing or hot spots and have continued to feel great the more I wear them.Now I’m debating on another set of Targhee ll’s or the Voyager? Mid height or trail shoe style?? Day hikes, over nighters in the great state of Michigan mostly..

Keen Targhee III WP Women - idealo

The looks! I’m not afraid to say that the looks of my outdoor gear is important to me. I really want to feel good in it and unfortunately I don’t feel like I’d happily wear these to the pub, out of choice.

Featuring a thoroughly modernized design, Keen’s lightweight hiking boot is comfortable, well-built, and an excellent value

At 2 pounds 2.8 ounces, the Keen Targhee III falls into our “lightweight” hiking boot category. In use, the Targhee III feels light on the foot, and we experienced no fatigue or feelings of clunkiness that sometimes occurs with heavier boots. For comparison, the Merrell Moab 2 Mid WP is slightly heavier at 2 pounds 4 ounces, although that boot offers more in the way of stability (more on that below). Others in this category, including the Oboz Bridger Mid BDry (2 lbs. 6 oz.) and Vasque Talus AT UltraDry (2 lbs. 3 oz.) also slightly outweigh the Keen. Salomon’s X Ultra 3 Mid GTX is lighter at 1 pound 15.7 ounces, but that boot is less protective underfoot. And for a burlier option for challenging trails and longer days, the midweight category features heavy hitters like the Lowa Renegade (2 lbs. 7 oz.) and Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX (2 lbs. 13.2 oz.), both of which are considerably more expensive than the Keen. These modifications in Targhee III provide superior traction, stability and water resistance; but they also cause it to sacrifice some comfort and support in return. The included footbed is quality, with dual density materials used and a good supportive arch, so those who fit this shoe will undoubtedly feel better support than we were able to. Traction

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment