276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go to Sleep Padded Board Book (Lullaby Lights)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This reassuring bedtime book will quickly become a cherished addition to family libraries - favorite for grown-ups and little ones to share for years to come. After Willoughby points out many things that make Willa happy, she falls asleep, cuddling her stuffed bear. We honour Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples' continuous connection to Country, waters, skies and communities.

Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go to Sleep: Books with Mrs B Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go to Sleep: Books with Mrs B

There are her slippers waiting for her feet to slip into them, her playsuit waiting for her to jump out of bed and get dressed, her breakfast waiting to be eaten and her toys dreaming of the games she is going to play. This video link is provided to help an adult assess the book's suitability for a child's situation before purchasing it. It's a very warming story that is completely relatable; Willa doesn't want to go to sleep as she worried that she will have nightmare, but with her brothers help she falls right to sleep. There are her slippers waiting for her feet to slip into them, her jumpsuit waiting for her to jump out of bed, and her breakfast waiting to be eaten. When Willa can't sleep because she is so afraid of bad dreams, her brother leans down from the top bunk to encourage his little sister to think happy thoughts.Her backlist in Doubleday/Corgi includes Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go to Sleep and The Very Small. Willa has worries that she will have a bad dream, so her older brother helps her think of all of the happy things she could dream about instead. The book will help children with nightmares by helping them think about all of the good stuff that will happen the upcoming day when the sun comes up. I was read this book as a child and it definitely made me feel happy and content before I would fall asleep.

Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go to Sleep] [by: Joyce [Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go to Sleep] [by: Joyce

When Willa can't sleep, her big brother Willoughby tells her to think of all the happy things waiting for her to wake up to in the morning.

Joyce Dunbar knows just how to set the scene for sleep, and Debi Gliori's charming, expressive bunnies are very, very cute. Wise Willoughby knows that she just needs to think of all happy things that will be waiting for her in the morning. Willa’s older brother Willoughby, comforts Willa by reminding her of all the happy things (her chicken slippers, her blue and white jumpsuit, ingredients for breakfast, her toys and the morning itself) that are eagerly awaiting her in the morning.

Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go to Sleep Padded Board Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go to Sleep Padded Board

The text is also very clear so it may also make a good reading book as it uses relatively simple sentences and easy to sound words. I think this could also be used as a classroom reading book, possibly as a shared reading book, as the illustrations perfectly represent what is being said. Debi Gliori's pictures take the text and warm it through with cosy, glowing night-time scenes full of the detail children love.She won the Children's Book Award picture book section, and was shortlisted for the Kate Greenaway Medal in 1997. I would use this book in Reception to Year 1, and possibly with Year 1 you could do a hot seating session with both Willa and Willoughby.

Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go to Sleep Gift Set: Night Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go to Sleep Gift Set: Night

By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. He tells her that the morning is waiting "For grass to grow, flowers to bloom, and leaves to flutter. This is a beautiful, gentle, bedtime story for any small child who is waking and having nightmares or is a bit scared of the dark. Children could adopt this strategy if they are feeling worried or sad to help them think of happy things. She has had lots of jobs, paper girl, market trader, petrol pump attender, soda syphon promoter, nanny, waitress, barmaid, clerical assistant, playpark leader.

It has the potential to supplement schoolwork within early years and Key Stage 1, offering an introductory opening to literacy, which will introduce children to poem writing and vocabulary (uses repetitive speech that reinforces word recognition and the learning of new vocabulary). This is a sweet and reassuring book about the love and support a lucky child can find in an older sibling. At almost 8 years old, he still wants me to read it on nights when he feels scared, which has been quite often over the past few months of 2022. He suggests that Willa thinks of all the wonderful things which will be waiting for her in the morning. This is also a good book to read to young children who fear going to bed will bring them worries and bad dreams.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment