276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Act Made Simple: An Easy-to-Read Primer on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (Professional) (The New Harbinger Made Simple Series)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This feeling tells you some valuable information. It tells you that you’re a normal human being with a heart. It tells you that you care. That there are things in life that matter to you. And this is what humans feel when there’s a gap between what we want and what we’ve got. The bigger the gap, the bigger the feeling.”

Even if your experience in this moment is difficult, painful, or unpleasant, you can be open to it and curious about it instead of running from it or fighting with it. The court also tries to resolve all disputes when the person's carer, healthcare worker or social worker disagree about what's in the person's best interests, or when the views of the attorneys conflict in relation to property and welfare.Our aim in ACT is to bring behavior increasingly under the influence of values rather than fusion or avoidance. Cases can be brought to the court by family members, as well as advocates and professionals involved in decisions. Professionals' duties under the Mental Capacity Act ACT differs from CBT in that instead of challenging distressing thoughts by looking for evidence and coming up with a more rational response (CBT), in ACT, the thought is accepted as a thought, e.g. "I'm having the thought that this boat is going to sink", and then defused using a variety of techniques, which may include mindfulness, metaphors and language.

Harris, R. (2006). Embracing your demons: An overview of acceptance and commitment therapy. Psychotherapy in Australia, 12, 70. Russ Harris, is an internationally acclaimed acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) trainer and author of the popular ACT-based self-help book, The Happiness Trap, now published in over fifteen languages and twenty countries. He is widely renowned for his ability to train therapists in ACT in a way that is clear, accessible, and fun. I’m committed to helping you create the best life you can possibly have. And if I sit here and say nothing, then I’ll be neglecting those values.” Then with an attitude of openness and curiosity, defused from any judgments or criticisms, we describe the behavior we’re noticing and point to the fact that it’s preventing useful work in the session. From there, we may explore the function of the behavior - “Can I ask what you’re hoping to achieve by doing X?” The Public Guardian works with a range of agencies, such as the financial sector, police and social services, to investigate concerns. The Court of ProtectionRuss Harris, a premier leader in ACT, has updated his watershed book ACT Made Simple with new and vibrant content. His colloquial style makes it a pleasure to read. More importantly, he focuses on fresh content, so that even if you’ve already read the first edition, this is worth your attention. One of the remarkable new topics in this edition is the way he helps you set up sessions for success with your client. I’ve supervised hundreds of ACT clinicians, and I reliably recommend Russ’s publications, and that will continue to be true for this updated version!” Values differ from goals, although the two are easily confused. The difference is that goals are finite; they end, and the person moves on to the next one. Values are ongoing and infinite. They are chosen qualities of action that can never be accomplished but can be acted on moment by moment (Harris, 2019). Committed action means “doing what it takes” to live by our values even if that brings up pain and discomfort. On a scale from 0 to 10, how well is your life working? If 10 means that the way you’re spending each day gives you a real sense of vitality and fulfillment and 0 means that the way you’re spending each day makes life seem pointless, meaningless, and not worth living at all, where are you on that scale?” What we’re aiming for is to let go of the struggle with our feelings so we can put our energy into doing the things that make life meaningful.”

Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is a third-wave Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) that can be a breath of fresh air for coaches and therapists. could information be explained or presented in a way that's easier for them to understand (for example, by using simple language or visual aids)? As Harris (2006) suggested, ACT helps clients embrace their demons and follow their hearts. Acceptance is the aspect of the hexaflex that corresponds to the first part of that phrase: embracing your demons. In ACT, ‘demons’ are a metaphor for any unwanted private experience. Mindfulness practitioners learn to respect the transient nature of thoughts and notice their comings and goings peacefully and dispassionately. The word ‘simple’ can sometimes be equated to words like ‘basic,’‘unsophisticated,’ or even ‘elementary.’ Although the second edition of ACT Made Simple can definitely be equated with the words ‘easily understood,’ make no mistake about it: this book is a thoughtful, entertaining, and comprehensive introduction to the ACT model.”We help clients develop the ability to step out of problem-solving mode altogether and into the psychological space of mindfulness and acceptance. This is useful whenever (a) problems cannot be solved, or (b) when problem-solving attempts create even bigger problems. The more we enter into the world of direct experience, the more we leave behind the world of language. I’ve read several books on ACT, and this one stands out as the most concise and usable one. In addition to distilling ACT down to its essential components, it provides clinical transcripts and worksheets galore to help you jump right in to the ACTion. A greater emphasis on those most in need being given access to someone to speak up on their behalf when they are dealing with social care professionals Chris McCurry, PhD, clinical child psychologist, and author of Parenting Your Anxious Child with Mindfulness and Acceptance

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment