276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Would You Rather

£6.54£13.08Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But, when she shares her news with Noah, he provides a new solution that may solve all of Mia’s problems: marry him so she can quit her job and be covered under his work insurance. This is more than a RomCom and dealt with heavier situations. Thanks for friends who push and encourage others and call you out on crap. (And look - it’s like I planned to wear my Friends pj pants on purpose!) 😉 🎶 I’ll be there for you 🎶 Me devoré en pocos días este libro porque estaba atrapada en su trama. Un friends to lovers donde se conocen desde pequeños, lleno de humor pero también drama, su toque spicy infaltable, compañeros de trabajo, este fake dating llevado a otro nivel en un matrimonio por conveniencia y mi cliché favorito: "él se enamora primero" o mejor aún "él siempre estuvo enamorado de ella". Pero hay harto drama, y es que hay secretos familiares, un accidente devastador, duelo, culpa y problemas de salud que se suman a las mentiras y engaños en las que se verán envueltos los protagonistas, pero por una buena causa, que Mia pueda retomar el curso hacia su vocación sin perder su seguro médico.

When chronically ill Mia receives an unmissable opportunity to return to college to pursue once-abandoned professional dreams, she is torn and heartbroken to realise she’ll have to decline the offer because her precarious health status demands she stay in her unfulfilling job to keep her insurance relevant.I adored Noah as our kind-hearted, still grieving (the past tragic death of his older brother), pining hero, who’d loved Mia fiercely (but secretly) since they were teenagers. His adoration for her was swoonworthy—the kind of respect, pride, and longing for his best friend that made my heart skip a beat and my tummy break out in butterflies. He was an absolutely marvellous male lead. DISCLAIMER: I am not a seasoned romance reader, so if you are a romcom vet, you may feel very differently about this book. Claire was a way more interesting character who was not brought in enough. I would much rather watch a story of her and Graham or her alone rather than these two. I would do the same for Julia. Ashley also did a great job of portraying chronic illness, and really showcasing the negative effects it has not only on your physical health, but on your mental health as well. It can seem a bit annoying at times that she feels she is a burden, but the fact of the matter is, when you suffer from a debilitating chronic illness, this is how you feel. End of story. La trama me recordó un poco a películas como La propuesta o Corazones malheridos, pero tiene elementos que la hacen muy original también y me encantó. En los primeros capítulos ya estaba enamorada de Noah y es que su actitud tierna y a la vez protectora me derritieron. También quedé encantada con los personajes secundarios que son los mejores amigos de los protagonistas y estoy ansiosa por conocerlos más en el siguiente libro de la autora sobre ellos: The Roommate Pact. Espero la editorial también nos traiga la traducción porque complementa totalmente la gran apuesta que fue esta novela llena de emociones pero con un final que es un abrazo al corazón.

Noah and Mia have been best friends since they were 8 years old. Both of them have very strong feelings for one another, but have kept it secret, not knowing how the other feels. Mia has heath issues, and needs a kidney transplant, so does not want to burden Noah. Noah is happy to have Mia as a friend and doesn't want to scare her off. When Mia gets a scholarship to return to school, she can't go if she has to quit her job as she needs health insurance. Noah is up for a promotion at work, but is willing to take a chance for Mia. He offers to marry her, in name only, so she can be put on his medical insurance and return to school with her scholarship. If the employer or insurance company finds out, there will be consequences. Not only that, but will this fake marriage actually allow them to show what they really feel toward one another? Would You Rather by Allison Ashley is a romantc comedy novel. The story in Would You Rather is one that changes the point of view between the two main characters and it is a mix of a friends to lovers romance that also has a bit of fake dating in the mix. Ashley does a wonderful job with her character development, especially with the intense love Noah shows for her. It is a little heartbreaking to watch him struggle with the deep feelings that he is hidden for years.Would You Rather is definitely a swoon-worthy read that leaves you with a feel-good smile for days. Heart-warming and deeply romantic, Would You Rather is one of the best friends-to-lovers romances I’ve ever read. Mia’s relationship with her parents also definitely had my attention. Wow, there were so many emotions going through me any time they came up. But all of the feels are definitely there. While the steam level is pretty low, the anticipation is high and intense. These two are definitely meant to be. That made it all worthwhile!

Noah and Mia have been besties since childhood, and although there have been moments over the years when their relationship was on the verge of change, something always happened that would keep them squarely in the friend zone.WOW!! All the stars possible!! Would You Rather totally exceeded my expectations and is a MUST read for fans of romance books with emotional depth. I’m still thinking about this one and would recommend it to literally all readers. Individually, they are both really struggling, with Mia having health problems and Noah still dealing with the death of his brother. They both struggle to let each other in with these specific issues. Usually, I’m one to get annoyed when characters push people away in the spirit of not putting their burdens on others but Ashley does a great job of making me truly understand these characters' intentions. At certain points, this actually made me want to tear up.

I haven’t read a marriage of convenience in a minute!!! This was a great reminder of how fun this trope really is. Mia and Noah had such great chemistry, so even though there is usually awkwardness that comes with this trope, Mia and Noah's own wasn't extreme because they’ve known each other forever. Their love for each other was overflowing in the book due to their devotion to helping each other and being with each other through tough times. I love it when I read a romance and it’s not just sweet words or sex, but ACTIONS!!! Mia feels she is a burden to people in her life. Cool, common feeling among people with disabilities. But we are NEVER shown how much of a burden that is. She happily goes to her weekly infusions, is positive about it all, and we never see the work, emotional labor, the physical and psychological pain her disability causes her. So it is very hard to buy her "I'm a burden" personality when we never are shown how it is a burden on HER. We never know, emotionally, how she feels about it. She worries about being a financial burden....cool, provide people numbers on the expenses, examples of how navigating the insurance system is infuriating (also, see point 5.) The story follows Mia, a woman who needs a kidney transplant. She's been living with chronic illness for the last decade, and that has made her avoid relationships. Mia doesn't want to burden a loved one with the responsibility of caring for her, so she's buried her feelings for her best friend (Noah), and has almost convinced herself that they don't exist. But when an educational opportunity presents itself and Noah suggests that they get married so Mia can have health insurance without needing to work on her own, the offer is tempting. Anyone who has met the two of them knows how deeply they care for each other, but spending time in close proximity is dangerous. Noah has been head over heels for Mia for what feels like forever, and calling her his wife is surely not going to change that. This is angsty, heartfelt, beautiful love story with two adorable MCs! I highly recommend you to read it!

Would you rather play it safe in the friend zone, or risk it all with a modern marriage of convenience?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment