276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Brother Bear [DVD]

£1.95£3.90Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Brother Bear". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. November 2003. Archived from the original on 2021-09-13 . Retrieved October 5, 2021. Having (I think) seen all the Disney animated features, I would have to say that 'Brother Bear' is the finest Disney feature since 'The Fox and the Hound' - which is to say the best around 25 years. It's a shame, and a bit ironic, that this sudden return to form should happen now, after a string of 90's movies which were nearly all good, but rarely brilliant; and on the cusp of the death of the classical 'hand drawn' style of animation from the people who invented the animated feature. Desowitz, Bill (October 27, 2003). "Nothing Scary About Brother Bear's Roaring Start". Animation World Magazine. Archived from the original on July 7, 2015 . Retrieved July 6, 2015.

Brother Bear | Disney Movies Brother Bear | Disney Movies

Hill, Jim (January 6, 2003). "Why "Treasure Planet" tanked". Jim Hill Media. Archived from the original on July 7, 2015 . Retrieved July 6, 2015. In March 2001, Joaquin Phoenix confirmed he was cast in the film, exclaiming, "Oh, but forget the Oscar nomination (for Gladiator). The real pinnacle is that I'm playing an animated character in a Disney film. Isn't that the greatest? I play a Native American transformed into a bear. It's called The Bears. Don't call me a leading man. I don't care about that. I'm a leading bear. I am content!" [11] After the filmmakers heard his audition tapes for Finding Nemo, Jeremy Suarez was cast as Koda. [5] Brother Bear (2003)". The Wrap. Archived from the original on December 23, 2016 . Retrieved December 22, 2016.a b "Brother Bear: Production Notes – About the Production". Cinema Review. Archived from the original on September 23, 2015 . Retrieved July 6, 2015. a b Hill, Jim (September 4, 2012). "Why For was Michael Clarke Duncan's Grizz character cut out of Disney's "Brother Bear"?". Jim Hill Media. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016 . Retrieved July 6, 2015.

Inuit Myth in the Film â•œBrother Bearâ•š

Lowe, R. Kinsey (November 3, 2003). " 'Scary' shovels in the cash". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on July 29, 2020 . Retrieved July 6, 2015. Armstrong, Josh (November 26, 2013). "O Brother Bear, Where Art Thou?: Why Disney Channel turned down Brother Bear: The Series". Animated Views. Archived from the original on December 25, 2021 . Retrieved December 24, 2021. Many critics and audiences also noted the use of the film's aspect ratio as a storytelling device. The film begins at a standard widescreen aspect ratio of 1.75:1 (similar to the 1.85:1 ratio common in U.S. cinema or the 1.78:1 ratio of HDTV), while Kenai is a human; in addition, the film's art direction and color scheme are grounded in realism. After Kenai transforms into a bear twenty-four minutes into the picture, the film itself transforms as well: to an anamorphic aspect ratio of 2.35:1 and towards brighter, more fanciful colors and slightly more caricatured art direction. Brother Bear was the first feature since The Horse Whisperer to do a widescreen shift. It was the only animated film to feature this technique, until The Simpsons Movie and Enchanted in 2007.Smith, Liz (March 13, 2001). "Isaak Surfing the Ironic / For Phoenix, life's a bear". Newsday. San Francisco Gate. Archived from the original on February 7, 2022 . Retrieved July 6, 2015. Jeremy Suarez as Koda, a cheeky grizzly bear cub who helps Kenai on his journey to where the Lights Touch the Earth. Alex Kupershmidt served as the supervising animator for Koda. Tinker Bell (2008) • Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure (2009) • Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue (2010) • Secret of the Wings (2012) • The Pirate Fairy (2014) • Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast (2015) There are only a few minor faults which prevent this from scoring a 10: the moose and ram characters are really pretty dispensable, but they don't take up much screen time. Koda, the bear cub, elicited a bit of an 'oh, no' response from at first, but he grows on you fast.

Brother Bear - Wikipedia Brother Bear - Wikipedia

Briefly, 'Brother Bear' is about a young Inuit man who rejects his totem ('the Bear of Love'), and goes so far as to kill a bear which he somewhat erroneously blames for the death of his friend. He is then magically transformed into a bear, and the rest of the film... doesn't really matter at this stage: I don't want to spoil it.Without giving away the plot, let me state that this movie is deep, with much-needed lessons of compassion and the causality of actions. Kenai, the main character, undergoes a tremendous amount of change. In the beginning, he is an ignorant teen that is motivated by pride, anger, and a desire to become a “man”, which he misunderstood as being only the macho sense of the word. Early in the film, he decides to skip on his responsibilities, which is a mistake that sets off a chain of events. Pride and anger drive him to make further bad decisions that drag many other lives along too. After a certain point, a glimpse of compassion for a bear cub leads him to take responsibility. This is the point at which he changes.

Brother Bear (2003) - IMDb Brother Bear (2003) - IMDb

Billington, Linda (November 1, 2003). " 'Brother Bear' mixes nature, Native culture". Anchorage Daily News. Archived from the original on November 3, 2003 . Retrieved July 6, 2015. Disney Princess: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937) • Cinderella (1950) • Sleeping Beauty (1959) • The Little Mermaid (1989) • Beauty and the Beast (1991) • Aladdin (1992) • Pocahontas (1995) • Mulan (1998) • The Princess and the Frog (2009) • Tangled (2010) • Brave (2012) • Moana (2016) • Raya and the Last Dragon (2021) Genzlinger, Neil (July 6, 2004). "These Two Talking Moose Let Their Antlers Down". The New York Times. Archived from the original on February 11, 2021 . Retrieved December 13, 2020. Jason Raize as Denahi, the middle brother. This was Jason Raize's first and only film role before his death in 2004. Harold Gould provides narration from an older Denahi's point of view. Ruben A. Aquino served as the supervising animator for Denahi. Brother Bear DVD Review". DVDizzy.com. March 25, 2004. Archived from the original on September 26, 2022 . Retrieved March 31, 2022.Walt Disney Classics • Walt Disney Masterpiece Collection • Walt Disney Limited Issues • Walt Disney Gold Classic Collection • Walt Disney Platinum Editions • Walt Disney Diamond Editions • Walt Disney Signature Collection • Disney Special Edition releases • Disney 2-Movie Collections • Disney 3-Movie Collections • Disney 4-Movie Collections • Disney Movie Club DVDs • Walt Disney Treasures • Disney Blu-ray 3D • Disney·Pixar Classics • Ghibli ga Ippai Collection • Disney Legacy Animated Film Collection

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment