276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Galaxy Christmas Chocolate Advent Calendar, Christmas Gifts, Milk Chocolate Gift, 110 g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Not bad from Day 10, and with so many cool and unique spaceship designs to draw from, I sure hope this won’t be the last micro-build we see! Give any Marvel fan aged 6 and over a festive treat with this LEGO Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy Advent Calendar (76231) for kids 2022. The fun starts on December 1st and continues throughout the holidays. The torso with the Ravagers design isn’t new, but has appeared only once in 76193 The Guardians’ Ship, making this a really budget-friendly way to get if you can’t afford the bigger ship!

If you have teens who are religious or just love the idea of the nativity, this advent calendar is a great choice. It won’t generate lots of waste and it’s made of wood, so pretty eco-friendly. At 18, my daughter is too old for those advent calendars, but still too young for the thousands of gin/wine/beer themed advents. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want to help her celebrate the countdown to Christmas with her own advent calendar! So what are the best advent calendars for teens in 2023? Despite multiple days combined into one model and a missing team member, the level of thought and the many references in 76231 Guardians of the Galaxy Advent Calendar make it great value, as long as you’re a fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Fans of Marvel comics might have preferred a mix of other heroes outside of the Guardians of the Galaxy, though to be fair the name of the set makes it very clear that this isn’t going to be the case over the 24 days. On Day 14, we get a big orange ship, aka The Guardians’ Ship aka The Benatar. It’s not the best-looking ship, although it does capture the general look of the Guardians’ Ship with its shape and unmistakeable colour scheme.On Day 9, we get an extremely festive and fun minifigure with Nebula in an ugly Christmas sweater! She also has a wrapped present, but the highlight is her Christmas sweater which has a crude Thanos knitted into it, as well as what I believe are Infinity Stone baubles on each side. On the inside of each flap door is a picture of its respective build, which also doubles as your instructions; there is no separate booklet to explain how to put these together. In theory, this means that the single picture must be self-evident enough to convey what is typically depicted in multiple steps. I did think of that and didn’t want to mention it explicitly in the post to try and avoid spoiling the Special. Following 2021’s excellent Marvel/Avengers-themed Advent Calendar, we’re getting a Guardians of the Galaxy-theme Advent Calendar, featuring characters and settings from the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special.

I’ve enjoyed the photos, build comments even I didn’t agree with them (I’m just grateful for daily builds of LEGO) Anyway, for me the standout calendar this year is probably the Harry Potter calendar. Nary a misfired minibuild and a lot of minifigs with unique prints, that still wouldn’t be so Christmas-coded as they’d be useless outside a Christmas setting… Behind each of the Advent calendar’s 24 doors is a daily Marvel gift for kids to discover throughout the December build-up to Christmas. So, that Sleighestial Vessel isn’t even anything from the special? It’s just a random somewhat Christmas-in-Space related build that’s been taking up three slots?Ollivander’s– At the risk of spoilers, this is the first build in the advent calendar, and it is incredibly difficult to build from the tiny image in the door. The picture is far too small to allow you to tell what is going on, and it is likely to cause frustration for all builders, not just those at the low-end of the 7+ recommendation. Further, it was not immediately recognizable to us based on seeing the films (and playing the LEGO games), but it is a passable representation when looking at photos of the real thing. The minifigure is the same as the one found in 76913 The Guardians’ Ship, and also comes with a blue (dark azure) Fender Stratocaster-esque electric guitar. I was unaware of Advent calendars until a few years ago. My parents were secular, and although my family celebrated Christmas in a broad sense, we focused exclusively on the "family" and "togetherness" parts of the equation, rather than on the religious aspects. Years later, I married a Catholic woman, and I learned more about the ceremonies and the traditions that lead up to Christmas. But it was only when we had our son that I learned about Advent calendars. Unfortunately, my calendar was mixed up with the wrong pieces and sets in nearly every window of the calendar which caused me to have to build the whole thing on the first night. With no spoilers, I’ll say this is maybe the most unique advent we’ve ever seen in regard to theme and builds. I’ll let everyone determine on their own if that’s a good thing or not.

The gunmetal grey cups are nice, and we do get a printed orange slice tile, but other than that, this is really underwhelming.The biggest upside of this year’s calendar is the selection of mini-builds which (without spoiling the surprise) feature a wide range of winter festival themed scenes and stands. There is plenty to eat (such as the Popcorn Stand), games to play (such as the rainbow animal ride or shooting game), and festive decorations to make your winter scene come to life. That’s a tough question considering that LEGO Marvel 76231 Guardians of the Galaxy Advent Calendar is a variety of smaller models and minifigures rather than one larger creation. The daily treats in this advent calendar also include a drone, a blaster, the Guardians’ spaceship, a snowman in Thanos’s armour and more toys

The designs are fairly simplistic, with only the general shape and colours used to clue you into what they actually are. On Day 2 of the GOTG Advent Calendar, we get some gifts for Star-Lord, a wrapped present and a new walkman as well!I also love that he has Baby Groot in a Pot wearing a Santa hat as a knitted pattern on his jumper. Even the 3-day ship feels like it should’ve been kept to 2 days at the max, but this has been quite poor, especially when you compare it against the Star Wars, Harry Potter and even Friends Advent Calendars which have largely been excellent. On Day 21, we get what looks like an incomplete build, suggesting that we’ll have a few days of components to build some sort of ship, perhaps a Sleigh? The Guardians of the Galaxy Advent Calendar ( see it at Best Buy) is based almost entirely on the Holiday Special. So, if you or the person you're buying this for hasn't seen it, you need to do so. Otherwise, many of the calendar's builds, such as the massive candy cane, will be lost on you. It’s a lovely, substantial gift that could be shared between teens, and isn’t quite as eye wateringly expensive as some of the premium beauty calendars.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment