276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Panasonic LUMIX S5IIX Full Frame Mirrorless Camera, 6K/4K 10-bit Unlimited Recording, Phase Hybrid AF, Apple ProRes RAW & BRAW via HDMI, USB-SSD Recording, 5-Axis Dual I.S. - Body only

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lumix S5 IIX: 5.8K Apple ProRes to SSD via HDMI or USB and All-I recording, Apple ProRes RAW to Atomos Automatic Detection can be turned ON to switch between Human/ Face/Eye/ Animal+Human. Except when Pinpoint is set.

Hands on with the Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 II: Digital

There's no separate charger with the S5 II but the Type 3.2 Gen 2 USB port can be used to charge, power or power and charge the camera. If it would be more photo process and video results, then one would have to question a photo gallery, and instead produce a gallery of video clips. I really like the screen display layout of video settings, which clearly includes the most useful info like live audio levels, shutter speed, FPS, aperture (iris), and color profile, with the option to adjust by a touch of the screen. Elsewhere, action shooters can enjoy 7fps (or 9fps single AF) with the mechanical shutter or 30fps using the electronic shutter, with continuous AF. It’s a rudimentary all-rounder’s performance, with bursts lasting in the region of 300 frames and 130 frames respectively (recording JPEG fine to a UHS-II card). It’s possible that performance could be improved by recording to a faster memory card like CFexpress, but the S5 II only accepts twin SD cards with UHS-II support.The LUMIX S5IIx will be available from June 2023 as a body only, as well as S 20-60mm lens kits and S 20-60mm with S 50mm F1.8 Twin lens kits. You know nothing you even mention cameras that haven't released yet. And you also don't have a bunchload of cameras. The Lumix DC-S5 II reminds me of the lenticular prints sold in museum gift shops, which show a different image depending on the angle from which you view them. From one perspective it appears to be the two-year-old S5 with phase detection added, but looked at from a different position, its specs make it look like a credible competitor to Canon's recent EOS R6 II (which we consider to be the best of the current enthusiast full-frame bunch). Motion pictures with 400Mbps or less: External USB-SSD, SD memory card with Video Speed Class 60 or higher

S5IIX and LUMIX S5II Information Update | Panasonic LUMIX S5IIX and LUMIX S5II Information Update | Panasonic

More and more I read in comments that a photo centric camera needs to have more than 24 MP, such as S1R or better A7Riv/v. Telling the camera the squeeze ratio of your lens also allows the S5 II to adjust its image stabilization system to accommodate the differing effective focal lengths of your vertical and horizontal capture, improving the stabilization performance. LUT-applied shooting Lumix S5 IIX: 6K ‘open gate’ up to 30p, 5.9K up to 30p, C4K/4K 10-bit 4:2:2 internal up to 60p (APS-C/Super35 crop) This camera interests me a lot for the realization of videos thanks to its "Real Time LUT", the 4 channels for the sound and the management of the anamorphic lenses and the stabilization which in many situations will allow me to lighten my work of post production.

Panasonic's rivals have increasingly added 10-bit capture capability in this class, but the S5 II goes beyond these with a range of support tools and features that aren't as commonplace amongst the competition, so far. Panasonic Lumix S5II: full-sensor internal 4:2:0 10-bit 6K (3:2) and 5.9K (16:9) footage at 30fps, 4:2:2 C4K and 4K at up to 60fps Bender: 33MP translates only into 15% more edge length, and even 61MP will get you a little over 50% more. Panasonic’s full-frame Lumix system unfairly goes under the radar, compared to alternatives from the likes of Sony and Canon; but if Panasonic wasn’t already being taken seriously, it should be now. Put simply, I can trust the Lumix S5 II as a reliable tool for creating high-quality videos and stills, and like my GH5, it represents excellent value for money. Panasonic Lumix S5 II: Price and release date Panasonic’s Lumix S5 IIX improves over its predecessor thanks to a suite of new features - including a new imaging engine. Developed within the L Technology partnership between Leica and Lumix, the S5 IIX sports a new 24-megapixel sensor that offers Hybrid Phase Detection Auto-Focus. Combining the Hybrid Phase Detection AF with Contrast Detect AF allows fast and dependable results when shooting stills or video.

S5 IIX | Digital Camera World Panasonic Lumix S5 II vs S5 IIX | Digital Camera World

Panasonic's FF gear is absolutely not my cup of tea (bulk), but, contrary to... err, non-Sony users, I do understand that ergonomics is highly subjective, and that many people will actually prefer S5's form factor. A new file will be created to continue recording if the continuous recording time exceeds the following conditions. All cameras regardless of Price aren't 100 percent accurate on AF. So when I hear any ytuber claiming otherwise, I no longer will watch them. Be that Pros or otherwise. I have seen plenty of Flagship cameras missing Focus on a ton of different subject types. Regardless of whom is holding and using the Camera. Given that Best Buy is populated by commission-driven sales people who will lie to your face without compunction if it means they might make a sale, their "support" isn't so much non-existent as it is net negative for customers. As I asked the sales person from Panasonic, the person means, that is something to do with the many features the camera offers….The S5 II has a good competitive price and rolling shutter should not be an issue like with the A7, though still not as good as the R6 II. The S5 IIX will offer a broader range of video capabilities than any of the other current models, at a lower introductory price than either the Sony or Canon offerings.

S5 IIX Digital Camera Body | Wex Photo Video Panasonic Lumix S5 IIX Digital Camera Body | Wex Photo Video

The Panasonic Lumix S5IIX is very similar to the Lumix S5II that was announced alongside the S5IIX in January 2023. Both cameras use the same full-frame 24.2MP CMOS sensor that enables Hybrid Phase Detection autofocusing for the first time in a mirrorless Panasonic Lumix camera. They also have the same new processing engine that Panasonic claims delivers video performance level with the Lumix S1H Certainly, I think the video quality of the S5 II is excellent, with a noticeably wide dynamic range and lovely rich colors that can easily be matched to profiles from other camera brands in post. Panasonic introduces Real Time LUT for the first time, meaning you can import your own LUT color profile for internal video recording, in addition to V-Log, Rec 709L and many ‘Cinelike’ profiles. There’s little wanting here.

Comments

Panasonic LUMIX S5IIX Mirrorless Camera (DC-S5M2XBODY) with LUMIX S Series 18mm F1.8 L-Mount Interchangeable Lens (S-S18) Image stabilization has been a staple strength of Lumix cameras since the release of the GH5 and the S5II X raises the bar further still with the inclusion of Active I.S.. Utilizing a combination of upgraded hardware and more intuitive algorithms, the S5IIX anticipates and counteracts the movements associated with walking and holding telephoto lenses. This delivers smoother footage when filming while walking and allows you to handhold shots with uncanny levels of stability. When combined with a compatible lens, like the Lumix S 24-105, which has stabilization built into it, the S5II X can offer up to 6.5 stops of correction. What the company has said is that its algorithms have been re-worked and that the camera assesses camera motion more precisely. We've been impressed with what we've seen from the S5 II so far, in terms of keeping both stills still and video clips smooth. The Boost IS mode, which tries to cancel all movement for a tripod-like video look, is particularly impressive. With identical stabilization and cooling systems, the S5 IIX's advantages lie its video options not its physical design. (Image credit: Panasonic) The fact is that the camera was initially set to save power and after the viewfinder refresh rate was increased, the viewfinder impression improved a bit. However, this impression remained far behind the viewfinder experience of competitors like Sony, Canon, or Nikon.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment