276°
Posted 20 hours ago

In a Thousand Different Ways: the gripping, unforgettable new novel from the Sunday Times number 1 bestselling author

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If my years as a Marine taught me anything, it's that caution is the best policy in this sort of situation. In a Thousand Different Ways: the gripping, unforgettable new novel from the Sunday Times number 1 bestselling author I’ve yet to read a book by Cecelia Ahern that didn’t induce a huge range of emotions in me and this is no exception. Welcome to Alice’s world. From the first line as I stepped into it I was completely invested in her. Alice has a gift, or is it a curse? She sees people from their colours. She’s affected by their moods, their loves, their likes, their joys, their sorrows and their bitterness, she’s drained by it and it shapes her whole world. Everyone she meets has colours, until one day she meets someone without. We see glimpses of her past, future and present as she goes to a special school, her life after that as she starts to try and discover who she is and meeting people who accept her. Some who even think she is special in ways she doesn't even known.

I did an author event in the Margaret Mitchell House in Atlanta, Georgia. I toured the house where she wrote Gone with the Wind. What is the best writing advice you have heard? After graduating from The Bournemouth Arts Institute with a first class degree in Photography, Claire worked for a number of years in the publishing industry including as Technique Editor for Digital Camera magazine. Better men than us have fought and died to preserve this great nation. Now is our turn to return the favor. For God and country, gentlemen! In a Thousand Different Ways: the gripping, unforgettable new novel from the international number 1 bestselling author Alice’s gift leads to problems at school and she gets sent to a boarding school for difficult children where she makes 2 good friends who we briefly meet again once Alice has moved to London and is trying to find a job she can do.This is both a complex and simple story about relationships and family and about love and friendship. I felt perhaps the pacing was a bit inconsistent though at the same time recognise Ahern slowed to focus on certain moments in Alice’s life… fast forwarding through others.

What an absolutely beautiful book! Ahern weaves stories so skilfully you’re drawn in from the very start and hooked until the end. Alice and her synesthesia make this such an interesting read, and as we follow her and see the impact this has on her life you can’t help but love her. It must be so lonely and frustrating and scary to try to live your life just like everyone else but to have no one to turn to for an advice or just to talk about your feelings and emotions. What I wish I had seen more of was her interaction with Natalie, or even Poh. Both women were interesting characters who floated on the periphery of Alice’s world. I have had a life-long relationship with colours. Enduring them, accepting them, surrendering to them.'I have to admit this is the first book I have read by Cecelia Ahern, and I could not put it down. A Thousand Different Ways tells the story of Alice who has synaesthesia and is seen as been different and difficult as she tries to navigate her way through her life with her mother and brothers.

Iceland. It’s one of my favourite countries to visit. When I was there for the first time I felt the landscape was so different to anything I’d ever experienced before that I had the feeling this is what it must be like to be on another planet.Like Eleanor Oliphant and Sally Diamond our protagonist Alice Kelly is different. Im discovering I have a love for damaged female protagonists, whether it's down to nature or nurture I love these girls.... Or maybe it's because I have raised a daughter on the spectrum and I see a little bit of her in all these special protagonists...it makes me want to fight the world for them and champion them! Thank you NetGalley and Harper Collins for a digital review copy of this wonderful book in exchange for an honest review. She sees peoples energy auras every day for everyone...............until one day there's a man with no aura. Based on the dozens of archaeological expeditions I've made all over the world, I am confident that those potshards are Mesopotamian in origin.

We meet Alice when she’s just eight and it’s the first time she starts seeing colour (or auras) around people. She doesn’t understand of course. She struggles with the headaches the lights give her and rebels against the emotions she absorbs from others. Avoid shooting in the middle of a sunny day. The bright, overhead light produces harsh, ugly shadows and portraits end up with squinting subjects, while sweeping landscapes look flat and featureless. Shooting at the extremes of the day, around dawn and dusk, will give you beautiful golden light that is low in the sky, giving your subjects a lovely golden glow. Such a, unique, extraordinary story, I was drawn in from the beginning and could almost feel the colours of the different characters as Alice saw them this was so beautifully written. I cried so many tears and will miss Alice kelly for a very long time. As a doctor, I am qualified to tell you that this course of treatment will likely generate the best results.It's a matter of common sense that people deserve to be treated equally. The Constitution calls it “self-evident.” Why, then, should I have been denied a seat because of my disability? I haven't read anything by Cecila Ahern for quite some time, but when I saw this on Netgalley, I had to request a copy. Thank you to them and Harper Collins for the ARC in exchange for an honest review. He is a forensics and ballistics expert for the federal government — if anyone's qualified to determine the murder weapon, it's him. Sniffy. My 40-year-old pillow case that is now a rag and still comes everywhere with me. What is the most beautiful book that you own?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment