276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bridges: The Science and Art of the World's Most Inspiring Structures

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Disclosure: I received an advanced reading copy of this book from the publisher and iRead Book Tours for review purposes. Andrew Robson's Top Ten Bidding, Declarer-Play and Defence Tips Learn Andrew's Top Ten Bridge Conventions Learn from the expert! If you have not been to Paris, then looking at these stunning photos will make you feel as though you have.

The turning of a new year prompted a certain amount of reflection about how the past year had been and wow what a year 2021 was for me at Bridges.Are you a budding or professional photographer who enjoys perusing the photographs of other artists to see what you can glean from their craft? So I kept this book handy in my house and both my parents who were born and raised in Italy, loved looking through it when they came over for a visit.

My husband translated the text (my parents read only Italian and French) and they spent a few hours just admiring the beautiful photographs. The explanation that the author gives about the history behind the bridges is what I feel, in my opinion, makes the photos so life like and beautiful. This beautiful book begins with a two-page illustration map layout of Paris giving readers an overview of where all the featured bridges are located. pages; Three Rivers Press (New York), ISBN 978-0-517-88429-4, 244 pages; 1992, Crown Publishers Inc.

When Thilo first published his "Bridge Problem" solution in the Bristol Post in 2013, we believe that Bristol became the first city in the world to do so, followed a year later by New York. I’ve been to Paris over a dozen times but, after reading Michael Saint James’ book Bridges of Paris, I now realize how much I’ve missed. He also describes the activity that takes place on the bridges and is able to even capture some of this within his photos. Each year since 1982, [7] ABTA has recognized one or more books as contributing significantly to the teaching of contract bridge.

I was thrilled to see the insert about each bridge (the length and when it was built) it's just a nice tidbit of information to have access to. It also explains the problems the locks cause as a single grate on a bridge can weigh an additional 330 pounds when the locks are added.This gorgeous coffee table book is a perfect gift for anyone who loves France, bridges or just enjoys looking at beautiful photography. I am honored to have this wonderful book of art within my home and available to educate my young children on the beauty that is Paris. AUSTRALIA, BELGIUM, HONG KONG, ISRAEL, BULGARIA, SLOVENIA, COLOMBIA, HUNGARY, FRANCE, SOUTH KOREA, CHINA, TAIWAN, MALAYSIA, SINGAPORE, UNITED STATES, UNITED KINGDOM, FRANCE, JAPAN, SWITZERLAND, PORTUGAL, GREECE, CANADA, WALES. It points out the Pont des Arts Bridge had a section of its fence to collapse in June of last year under the weight of love locks.

I immediately placed it on my coffee table, with the thought that such a beautiful book with such sumptuous photographs was meant to be shared. The Table Of Contents is divided into four sections: Island Bridges, Palace Bridges, Downtown Bridges and Upstream Bridges, with each of the bridges identified for your convenience. I was surprised when it arrived in the mail to find that it is huge and contains tons of gorgeous photographs of Paris. Bridges of Paris by Michael Saint James is a very highly recommended absolutely gorgeous collection of 355 photographs in a large format coffee table book.The hardcover is handsomely done making it an added bonus to leave on display for everyone to enjoy. This cookie is installed by Google Universal Analytics to restrain request rate and thus limit the collection of data on high traffic sites. Are you a seasoned or arm-chair traveler who has a love and passion for Paris and would like to see a side of the city from an unusual perspective?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment