276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Slipknot

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Early within the sessions, the members tapped into a raw aggression akin to their breakout self-titled debut and 2001’s landmark Iowa, but filtered through fifteen years of wisdom and refinement. Covering a myriad of feelings, Slipknot deliver one of their most brutal declarations ever with the polyrhythmic viciousness of “AOV” and an echoing and eviscerating “call-to-arms” on “Sarcastrophe”. “Skeptic” offers up a lyrical dedication to Paul, while the finale “If Rain Is What You Want” leaves listeners breathless with its cinematic expanse and starkly uplifting dénouement.

SlipKnot Vinyl LP EMP UK (Band Merch)

Named after their home state, 'Iowa', still remains an utterly frightening project, driven by addiction, depression, and encompassing negativity. Refusing to pursue a more accessible route regardless of the ensuing momentum around them, the collective would lash out with an extremely severe batch of material that remains challenging even by today's standards. At the same time, “Goodbye” might just be the album’s most poignant moment. Transmuting ethereal instrumentation within evocative lyrics, it proves utterly chilling as it recounts the day Paul died. “Word for word, it’s about all of us sitting in my house that day,” says Taylor. “It was the first time, Slipknot-the band-had ever been in my house. The irony was it took the death of one of us to get everyone there. We were all balling our eyes out.”

Reviews

Slipknot is a metal band from Des Moines, Iowa, formed by vocalist Anders Colsefni, percussionist Shawn Crahan and bassist Paul Gray (3) in September 1995. At first, they called themselves "The Pale Ones", then debuted as "Meld" on November 5, 1995, and finally settled on "Slipknot", a suggestion by drummer Jordison. They also performed at least two shows in June 1996 under the moniker "Pygsystem". Want to find out more about Slipknot's discography? No problem! Here you can find more SlipKnot albums.

Slipknot – Slipknot (2022, Yellow [Lemon], Vinyl) - Discogs Slipknot – Slipknot (2022, Yellow [Lemon], Vinyl) - Discogs

On the other hand, Slipknot vinyl records are also great collector's items. Thanks to the first-class design of the LP cover, the records not only look good on your shelf, but can also be used as decorative items. You can hang your Slipknot vinyl records on the wall, for example, or place them in a conspicuous place in your living room. The Slipknot records are definitely a great alternative to posters and especially recommended for everyone who likes vintage stuff. At the turn of the 21st century, Slipknot opted to take the newfound fame and success rewarded by their self-titled debut, and run it into the ground in, what has to be, one of the most intriguing examples of chaos and inner band turmoil lending to an integral work.I had this built up energy in me since the day of Paul’s funeral, and I saved it for four years,” adds Clown. “That’s the music for ‘XIX’. I thought it was so appropriate.” Since their inception, the band went through various lineup changes and eventually ended up with nine members shortly before their signing to Roadrunner Records in July 1998, to which they remained signed until April 1, 2023. Their best known lineup was completed with the addition of guitarist James Root in January 1999; it would last until the death of Gray on May 24, 2010, and Jordison's firing on December 12, 2013. Subsequently, Alessandro Venturella and Jay Weinberg were brought in as replacements on bass and drums, respectively. In early 2019, Fehn was fired and replaced by Michael Pfaff. In June 2023, the band announced their split from sampler and keyboarder Craig Jones, whose position was filled by a currently unidentified person. Early 2014 saw Slipknot secretly retreat to Los Angeles to record the follow-up to 2008’s platinum-selling All Hope Is Gone, which debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200. They co-produced the effort with their Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses collaborator Greg Fidelman [Metallica, Slayer] at the iconic Sunset Sound and Westlake Studios.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment