276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Novation Launch Control XL MK2 USB MIDI controller for Ableton Live with assignable controls.

£74.995£149.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I also extensively use Ableton templates to save midi mappings (and other setups, channel routing, default effects, etc...). If this was just about the smaller designs, that would be interesting enough, up to a point, but it's also about compatibility" Set to user mode I can midi map each of 24 knobs to reflect the 8 EQ options, in EQ8, each row for frequency, gain and Q. It feels like it's been ages since Novation released the original Launchpad, their seminal grid controller for Ableton Live. Since its release in 2009, the unassuming little device has been spotted in countless artists' setups, both live and in the studio. It has even served as a springboard to viral popularity for some musicians, Madeon being a prominent example. Despite its raging success, Novation held off from expanding the Launch line for four years, a surprisingly long stretch. Last year they unleashed a barrage of new devices, raising the number of controllers sharing the Launch family name to eight. The latest is the Launch Control XL, a mixer-style MIDI controller with built-in integration for Ableton Live. If you are interested in diving deep into custom mappings and bulk editing the .syx file using hex editors and python and stuff I found this. https://www.reddit.com/r/novationcircui ... &context=3

Resetting a product back to its Factory Settings – Novation Resetting a product back to its Factory Settings – Novation

Novation are excited to announce an extension to the standard limited warranty, which comes with all new products. The Novation LaunchControl XLcomes with some great software too so you have more than enough to get up and running. This setup would be much better if the Send A and Send B knobs could also be used for device control, but as it stands, the only way to get access to all of the controls is to create a user template - see Template of Dreams.I have searched, but only found snippets and thought maybe someone might already be doing this as it seems to me to be a common sense usage of this unit in conjuntion with Ableton Live.

Novation Launch Control XL MKII USB MIDI controller for

Parameter bank up / down – Shift up and Down the organised banks of 24 parameters at a time LAUNCHCONTROL XXL – ADDITIONAL COMPATIBILITY We began with Live on OS X. After configuration in Live's Preferences, the device had immediate control over Live, with three separate templates, covering more detailed mixer functions, sends, clip launching, and device control. With user presets as well, the Control made a great little controller for Live. There's also a dedicated on-screen editor, which adds further flexibility. customisable knobs – multicoloured LEDs illuminate to distinguish between sends, EQs, or any other device you want to control I'm then using the Novation Components software ( https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en ... ents-guide) to edit one of the templates close to what I want (can review each template in Components to see MIDI channels, values, LED configurations, etc...). I'm saving the edited template to the Novation where it can be accessed using the User button.

Can someone point me in a direction of something that enables the use of the Novation XL unit in this manner without having to reload each time. Extended Parameter Device Control – User Six Mode 24 Pots control AutoMaps to the parameters of the currently in focus device, with the configuration of the Device_32 parameter you can extend this to include the 8 fades taking each bank to be 32 parameters. Yes. And you have 8 working scenes that you could map with different cc midi even on the same synth or an app like AUM. So you change the scene on the fly and have tons of controls for almost everything.... PrEditor– Our Isotonik PrEditor Mapping Utility allows you to define what parameters the LaunchControl XL automats to when in focus of the blue hand. Ableton is configured to work sensibly in banks of eight parameters at a time, with the extended control offered with twenty four parameters at a time you’ll want to re-configure the AutoMapping for your Ableton Live Instruments & Effects along with VST’s, AU’s and MaxforLive Devices – MORE DETAILS

Launch Control XL — Audiobus Forum Launch Control XL — Audiobus Forum

To connect to an iPad, you need Apple's Camera Connection Kit. The iPad will happily power a single Mini; you can use a mains powered USB hub to connect two at once. Of course, the Control will also function with other MIDI apps, but using it with the Novation apps is a no-brainer. The experience is very smooth and the Novation apps run alongside, and in sync with each other and the other Mini controllers; an iPad based set-up with two controllers and both apps running in sync - that's a good thing! I bought this to help with automating dynamics, expression and vibrato for my Spitfire BBCSO plugins in Pro Tools for virtual orchestration. I hate the mod wheel and I like to edit expression and dynamics in tandem and the faders have a good amount of throw and a good feel for this purpose. Combined with Launchpad's intuitive 64-button grid, Launch Control XL provides unrivalled simultaneous control over Ableton Live's session view, mixer, effects, and instruments – it’s never been easier to craft the perfect mix.

im thinking of things such as EQ and Compression for starters but it could also be used to control the EQ parameters of any plugins, iZotope etc.. Produced by Sigabort the LaunchControl XXL Remote script doesn’t require Max4Live, when used in conjunction with the LaunchControl XL you’ll find all the standard functionality with two new User Modes and a few key enhancements… LAUNCHCONTROL XXL – SESSION CONTROL Create your own layouts – assign buttons, knobs and faders to any parameters within Ableton Live to customise your workflow In that regard, it probably has 5 more faders and a bunch more knobs and buttons than I need for this application, but since the device editor is user friendly and gives a lot of options, I'm sure I'll gradually come up with some uses for the buttons and knobs along the way, it's not like the footprint of the device is hogging up that much desktop space.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment