276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Serial Killer's Daughter: My Story of Faith, Love, and Overcoming

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Can she help solve Henry’s riddle with DI Walker before it is too late while her life is falling apart all around her? Most of the story is told through a dual narrative carried by Mark and Jenny; additional facts are provided by recalled conversations between a father and daughter, and extracts from a true crime book and commentary from the anonymous author about interactions with the book’s subject. Suzanne I felt truly sorry for. To be even associated to this monster is bad enough. Along with her, the reader learns of the true horrors of who her father really is and the terrible things he has done. I have to admit the author is quite raw in her descriptions and it made in part for some uncomfortable reading. I am going to go all in and say The Serial Killer’s Wife is one of the best books of 2021.’ Frost Magazine

The Serial Killer’s Daughter’ is Alice Hunter’s second novel and is a standalone crime thriller under the series heading of ‘The Serial Killer’s Family’. I enjoyed ‘The Serial Killer’s Wife’ published in 2021. Hunter said: "It was an absolute joy to work with such a dedicated team on The Serial Killer’s Wife and I was delighted with its success. I can’t wait to continue my journey with Avon and I look forward to sharing The Serial Killer’s Daughter with readers." I really enjoyed The Serial Killers wife, so I was so grateful to receive a copy of the next in the series The Serial Killers daughter. However, despite a number of very positive aspects to the story it feels inconsistent. For instance, the tension rises and then drops and little momentum is achieved in my opinion. There’s not a lot of pace, the story seems flat and an exciting when it’s ought to be a jaw dropper and sadly it doesn’t achieve that response in me. This is partly due to points being over explained and we divert to things that don’t add a great deal to the storytelling. It’s repetitive in places too. In a sleepy Devon village, a woman is taken from the streets. Local vet Jenny is horrified. This kind of thing doesn’t happen here. But it’s not the first time she’s been so close to a crime scene. The daughter of a prolific serial killer, she’s spent her whole life running from who she really is. And the crime is harrowingly similar to those her father committed all those years ago…

Books Multibuys

In a sleepy Devon village, a woman is taken from the streets. Local veterinarian Jenny is horrified. This kind of thing doesn’t happen here. But it’s not the first time she’s been so close to a crime scene. The daughter of a prolific serial killer, she’s spent her whole life running from who she really is. Scarily believable – what does go on behind closed doors? It's such a twisty, addictive read, and brilliantly written – highly recommended.' Elisabeth Carpenter

If you haven’t read her other books then you won’t know that there’s a Serial Killer’s husband and a Serial Killer’s daughter. Both books have the most incredible twists in.A great thrilling read. We all have family secrets but Jenny's is so dark. Her father really messed with her mind I am surprised that she is still so normal. Did not like Mark he was too weak for Jenny he needed to trust her more yes she wasn't completely honest but what he did was so wrong.

Alice Hunter is a genius!! Stand up and take a bow because you are truly amazing!! Wow what a book!!! I’m unsure where to start with this one, I definitely don’t know how a written review will do this justice.Lesley Welsh sadly passed away in April but Bookouture are extremely honoured to be publishing The Serial Killer's Daughter on 14th June. In addition to the increasingly tense situation is that a local woman, Olivia Edwards is missing and Jenny believes Mark once had an affair with her. It gradually becomes clear that neither of Mark nor Jenny has been entirely honest about their past: Mark has failed to mention impulsive acts following excess alcohol intake; Jenny has refused to talk about her family, never mentioning her manipulative, controlling mother or her serial killer father. If we had had an inkling that my father had harmed anyone, let anyone murdered anyone, let alone 10, we would've gone screaming out that door to the police station," Rawson said. "We were living our normal life. We looked like a normal American family because we were a normal family. And then everything upended on us."

Tense, chilling and gripping, with so many revelations and twists and turns, and a brilliant ending.’ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ She remembered her mother telling her that discerning the truth in Don's lies was like unravelling knotted string." In a sleepy Devon village, a woman is taken from the streets. Local vet Jenny is horrified. This kind of thing doesn’t happen here.

Alice Hunter

Call me weird, but mention a serial killer and I instantly want to read your thriller. So mention one in the title and I'm sold as soon as I first hear about it... And that is exactly what happened when I saw The Serial Killer's Daughter mentioned. One of my absolute all time favorites (hint: Jasper Dent) features the son of a serial killer, so having another story focus on the child of a 'monster' had me hooked instantly. Now I've read The Serial Killer's Daughter, I do have to say that it's the first time that the title is actually a spoiler for me. Why? As much as it was what first peaked my interest, I would have liked not knowing the dad was a serial killer beforehand and it takes away some of the suspense around Don's character. The character development in this psychological thriller is sublime though and this is without doubt one of the most twisted serial killers I've encountered with. I liked that it's not just about the killer and both the daughter and other characters play an important role in the story. There are some very dark and gruesome details in certain parts of the story, so beware if you are sensitive to those. They fit remarkably well in the story though and it only adds to the description and characterization of an extremely violent, arrogant sociopath and manipulator. The pace is a tad slow and there is less action that I would have expected, but the focus in The Serial Killer's Daughter is on the characters instead and the plot is without doubt very twisty.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment