276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pro-Ject VC-E, Compact record cleaning machine, Silver

£124.995£249.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Using the VC-E is simple, but good technique is essential to maximize the VC-E’s cleaning potential. The machine comes with a small bottle of concentrated cleaning fluid, along with a larger bottle for the mixed-with-water cleaning solution, as well as a cleaning brush. One useful item that is missing from the VC-E accessory kit is a small applicator bottle to apply the solution to your records. I had a spare spray bottle around that I used for that purpose. As I continued to use the unit, I found that some heavily soiled records did benefit from multiple cleans, but this is to be expected with any record cleaning process. And, to better help you decide, please take a look at the interactive guide below, which allows you to directly compare the Project VCS to the Okki Nokki, as well as other notable record cleaning machines. Photo The Project VCS comes with a handful of things inside the box, so let’s break it all down. First and foremost, you get a pretty massive record cleaning machine that features 800 watts of power. I’ve championed the Pro-Ject VC-S as being the best value for money vacuum record cleaning machine on the market since the introduction of the original model. The second generation brought some welcome improvements with only a slight price hike. In typical Pro-Ject fashion, the VC-S has always been a well made, well featured and keenly priced machine. And with the launch of the next VC models, of which there are now two, the bar is raised to new heights. Features

With my original model, I would always have to pull the unit away from the wall when cleaning records to allow room for the record to sit on the platter. Cleaning a Very Dirty Used Record with the VC-E2 Record Doctor’s V is a more entry-level record cleaning machine that’s great if you don’t have a lot of space. After a thorough clean and removal of static, I store discs in 3 ply rice paper sleeves. Buy the cheapest option. There is no material benefit in any brand, including Mofi, Hudson, VSS et al. While Pro-Ject recommends explicitly using their own Wash-It fluid with this machine, I’ve found I can also achieve great results with other third-party cleaning fluids.

A Joy to Use, Stunning Results

The quietness of the Loricraft means I now don’t have to batch clean records and can just clean them as I play them if they need it. I can also do it while others are watching TV and it doesn’t set my nerves on edge with a hoover-like roar. Any extended warranties offered by Peter Tyson are free. We do not include any form of insurance terms such as accidental damage or loan equipment cover. When cleaning vinyl records, I always typically recommend removing as must loose dust as possible using a carbon fiber record brush before proceeding to any wet cleaning process. Large Appliances - (Washing Machines, Dishwashers, Fridge Freezers etc). Free Local Delivery Service (Cumbria, SW Scotland and NE England*) 2-3 working days.

I love this system, because the clamp itself is only as big as the record label (just like the platter). So when you go to flip your clean record over (to clean the other side of the record, which is dirty), you never have to worry about cross contamination. The aluminum top plate prevents fluid damage to the chassis so that the machine offers years of reliable record care. You’ll never need another cleaner kit again.

Between spreading the record solution onto the record using the supplied brush, and vacuum drying a given record (and then cleaning the record in distilled water after—although this is admittedly an optional step that not everyone needs to do) I found that it took about the same amount of time, if not a bit longer. They once were my weapons of choice and necessity, but I am happy to say that I have eliminated the need for brushes of any kind. I would encourage all vinyl record enthusiasts to do the same. The fact is that all brushes are abrasive, scatter debris and cause static buildup on vinyl records. The Project VCS is a square cleaning machine that’s very simple in its layout. It comes with a detachable power cord, along with a power button above. On the other side of the machine is where you’ll find two more buttons—one will say MOTOR and the other will say VACUUM. When I acquired the Project VCS, my initial hope would be that cleaning vinyl records using the machine would be faster than cleaning them by hand. Big container (2,5 l) for used fluid, that shows fill-up capacity and guarantees no spillage of used cleaning fluid. Discharging of used fluid is extremely easy to do.

Then there’s the topic of efficiency. To be brief—does a record cleaning machine really do a better job than cleaning records by hand? Is it worth the time and money to invest in one?To ensure reliable, undamaged delivery of televisions - TVs will now be shipped on a pallet service with DX Freight, TNT, or Epic Logistics, rather than with our standard next working day courier. The most immediately and potentially attractive feature of the VC-E is its physical size. Unlike my reference VPI 16.5, which is large enough to accommodate an entire LP within its confines, the Pro-Ject VC-E lets the records hang out in the space around its cabinet. Whether this is an advantage to you or not depends on whether space is at a premium in your world and how well your cleaning technique can be adapted to a lighter touch. More on cleaning technique later.

Once you’re happy with the fit, start spinning the record and apply a generous amount of ready-mixed cleaning fluid to the record surface. (Pro-Ject recommend 6 – 8ml, which should be just enough to cover the record surface). You can use the goat hair brush to gently apply the fluid, in much the same way as you use a carbon-fiber record brush.I still heartily recommend the Pro-Ject VCS line of machines. But I’d strongly advise to do careful research about cleaning fluids instead of using the supplied Pro-Ject Wash It fluid. The Steve Hoffman forum has many members who know vinyl cleaning way better than me, and has been a terrific resource (as has AudioAppraisal.com – and I’m grateful to both!) The new machine is perhaps a little quieter than the old model but not significantly so. The wood did resonate somewhat, making the vacuum perceptively louder. The aluminium does vibrate, but it can be felt as a physical vibration more than heard. I don’t think the noise level between the two is so significant as to be the deciding factor in justifying the upgrade, but any reduction in noise, however slight, is always welcome. The new casework does have some modding potential in terms of adding sound deadening material, which is something I might explore should I feel the need.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment