276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The People on Platform 5: A feel-good and uplifting read with unforgettable characters from the bestselling author of The Authenticity Project

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The People on Platform 5 is nothing short of sheer and utter delight. It presents the best of humanity - the sweet and bashful kindness and generosity that lives in all of us. I can't think of a more joyful book! * Jesse Q. Sutanto, bestselling author of Dial A For Aunties * You can always rely on Pooley to deliver not just wonderful, lively characters but a story that leaves you feeling uplifted and hopeful CultureFly In Clare Pooley's author's letter at the end of this book, she talks about how she came up with these characters - how she decided to disregard the unspoken rules of commuting to create a world in which a large cast of people who take the train together become a community. I love that she writes about how Iona, a 57-year-old woman who is being pushed into redundancy at her magazine, is almost an invisible woman in society. That Iona becomes the glue of this ragtag group of commuters is the thrust of the story, a tale that made me just so very happy. No one writes about community and unexpected friendships like Clare Pooley. Joyful and heart-warming, this is the perfect book-club read

It’s full of second chances, connections, friendship, forgiveness, honesty, and proof that people aren’t always just as they appear.It’s a tough ask in a world more inclined to injustice, vest self-interest and cruelty, accidental or otherwise, but that doesn’t stop us hoping that in amongst all of the hellish loose ends, there might be a definitive moment when all the brass rings fall within our grasp and all the hope springing eternal we’ve employed leads to the sort of happy ending that would make Cinderella swoon.

This book is bursting with the kindness of strangers, and I was bursting with hope by the end of it Jenny Bayliss Das frühere IT Girl Viona pendelt jeden Tag mit dem Zug nach London zu ihrem Job als KummerKastenFrau einer Zeitschrift. It is an easy read feel good book with a well drawn cast of fantastic characters who become unlikely friends on their daily commute. Another totally original, thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying book from Clare Pooley. Full of original characters and wisdom, I absolutely loved it Katie FfordeYou will absolutely fall in love with Iona and Emmie and Sanjay and Martha and Piers and Jake and David. You will wish you could spend time with them on their commute and be part of their precious, special group.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment