276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Follow You

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Why is it so hard for Marcus to be happy with his life? He is brilliant -- a renowned gynae oncologist. I mean, he has everything! A loving wife, a respectable job, three healthy and loud kids. He has everything! Influence, respect, power, money, expensive grapes. Yes, I can understand that he is flawed, he had a troubled childhood but he could've been happy.

I Follow You (Audio Download): Peter James, Justin Avoth

I really liked Georgie as a character - her excitement of finally becoming pregnant whilst her love of fitness and high online following to incorporate the two is rather sweet.

I won’t say anymore as I really don’t want to spoil it fir you, but I will say this book has some nail biting moments which will have you on the edge of your seat.

I FOLLOW YOU – Peter James

Normally when you read psychological dramas you have to suspend some level of believability, but not with this story.The author was adept at keeping me on the edge of my seat in the latter chapters when Marcus’s delusions and manipulations come to a surprising and explosive conclusion. Here is a story of obsession, stalking and narcissism that ends with a tense thrilling good enough for TV finale The book is set in Jersey and portrays the island really well and conjures up a wonderful relaxed image in your mind Driving to work one morning, his mind elsewhere and not on the road, he almost mows down a female jogger on a crossing. As she runs on, Marcus is transfixed. Infatuated. She is the spitting image of a girl he was crazy about in his teens. A girl he has never been able to get out of his mind.

I Follow You by Peter James | WHSmith

One of the brilliant things about Peter James is that even in a standalone novel you end up becoming enamoured with his characters and drawn into their world even if they aren’t likeable in the novel. I’ve read lots of books that feature stalkers in all shapes sizes and forms but Marcus is truly one of the most ‘weaselly’ of characters, petulant, childish, whiney, self centred and arrogant I thought this one had all the Peter James story telling magic through a slow-pace, realistic narrative. As a huge fan of the author, both his Roy Grace series and his standalone books. I was very keen to read this.They were right, although personally it was a little later. Even after this point I still didn’t really get into this. Although there was a bit towards the end that I could easily have read till well past bedtime. Now the book is easy to guess, at every juncture but didn’t bother me at all and heightened the excitement as knew what was about to happen Georgie is finally happy. Having met the man of her dreams with lots of exciting things happening, she has the beginnings of all she ever dreamt of. Little does she know that she has fallen on someone else’s radar. Someone who is keen to turn her dreams into theirs ... There is nothing likeable about Marcus, his jealous behaviour is creepy and chilling and his character comes across very clearly. There are some sections of high intensity, there is tension and the ending is good. However, much of the plot is predictable, some of the dialogue is nauseatingly cheesy and at times the over-detail feels like plot padding. On his way to work, renowned surgeon Marcus Valentine almost hits a female jogger! To his surprise, she looks exactly like a girl who'd dumped him in his teenage and he's never been able to get over it. This sets off a chain of events by the obsessed Doctor.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment