276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Designing Patterns - A Fresh Approach to Pattern Cutting

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Our resources are crucial for knowledge lovers everywhere—so if you find all these bits and bytes useful, please pitch in. I own various books on how to make patterns from scratch, but this one was definitely the one that got me started. Or maybe you would like to check out the posts on this blog on making a basic bodice block and how to measure the body.

Designing Patterns - A Fresh Approach to Pattern Cutting

You also might try asking for drafting book recommendations and drafting/pattern alteration advice at pattern review. Then you find your exact measurements on the master block and using vellum, trace off your own unique size block. Web icon An illustration of a computer application window Wayback Machine Texts icon An illustration of an open book. The book is straight forward: what tools you need, how to measure a figure correctly, seam allowance guide, the bodice, collars, sleeves, skirts, trousers, jackets and coats, underwear. If you are a self learner you have help at hand – these wonderful people have written books on how to make your own patterns to fit different types of body sizes and shapes and in all the designs you want.We understand that not everyone can donate right now, but if you can afford to contribute, we promise it will be put to good use. Of course the details in this book hundred per cent guarantees there is no doubt in it you may already know. I have always been challenged in the arithmetic department and am now at an age where my shoulders are smaller, my bust is larger, my waist has thickened, not to mention the hip measurement- I am alone, so no one to help there. Open Library is an initiative of the Internet Archive, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, building a digital library of Internet sites and other cultural artifacts in digital form.

Best Pattern Making books : for fashion design - SewGuide 10 Best Pattern Making books : for fashion design - SewGuide

This book was first written in 1975 but it is a great book nevertheless and covers all the basic aspects you need to know in pattern making.I have for years just tried to alter bought patterns, but now I find the armseye is out of whack so the fabric pulls weirdly. Positive word of mouth can bring you new business like a hailstorm but some negative publicity of bad fitting etc and it will be as if you never existed. We build and maintain all our own systems, but we don’t charge for access, sell user information, or run ads. She doesn't always explain how to calculate some of the lines she shows and doesn't set it out in the clearest of ways. Some of these books detail the 2 different ways to pattern drafting– Flat pattern method and the Draping method but most have the flat pattern method.

Designing patterns: a fresh approach to pattern cutting Designing patterns: a fresh approach to pattern cutting

More Hamburger icon An icon used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon. Out of all the pattern making books I've read this has been the easiest to understand thanks to her extensive use of diagrams however when you actually go to make the pattern blocks her instructions fall short. It gives you a clear understanding of the basics of pattern making and makes it easy for you to make your own patterns.So far I made an A-line skirt and a bodice block with the help of this book and I am pleasantly surprised that I didn't need to tweak them afterwards, because they fit me well. A "file MD5" is a hash that gets computed from the file contents, and is reasonably unique based on that content. I think this is a good book to help you understand the basics but the blocks may need to be built with the aid of other pattern making books. Images Donate icon An illustration of a heart shape Donate Ellipses icon An illustration of text ellipses.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment