276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 26 Running Shoe, 50 M EU

£52.5£105.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

DPT/Footwear Science: B (nice use of lighter weight foam in a traditional daily trainer. Wave plate feels like it stabilizes rearfoot much more than forefoot) This series is usually considered in the stable neutral category and this latest edition falls right in line. The new technology allows for multiple ways the shoe will help guide your feet. Lastly, the Mizuno Wave Rider 26 sports a great outsole, one that sort of resembles that of the Pegasus with slightly larger lugs. This increases the versatility of the Wave Rider and allows it to perform just as well on gravel roads and buffed trails as it does on the roads. RUBY: The Wave Rider 26 doesn’t fall too far from the tree. Mizuno has retained its classic thermoplastic Wave Plate squashed between layers of Enerzy foam — right where it should be. The one-two punch makes for a surprisingly responsive ride, even at slower paces. The lacing system is traditional, no frills and is perfect for this type of training shoe. The laces sit comfortably on top of your foot with the padded tongue. It feels like there is very little chance in them becoming loose whilst on a run.

Fit: A ( A solid upper that is one of my favorites this year, only thing is maybe streamlining the overlays a tad but honestly really good) Andrea: The Mizuno Wave Rider 26 is a high drop, neutral daily trainer that reminds me of the daily trainers I used in high school and college 20+ years ago. Its more traditional geometry and ride is balanced out with a modern engineered mesh upper and a moderately responsive ride thanks to its Enerzy midsole and Wave plate. Runners who prefer a higher drop daily trainer may find a lot to love in the Wave Rider 26. It wouldn’t be a Mizuno review if I didn’t slow clap for their sustainability effort. The upper and Wave Plate are completely recycled, and you wouldn’t even know it. So, if you’re looking for an affordable, eco-friendly, daily training stability shoe (see what I did there?), this is your guy.Performance: C+/B- (Shoe is not comfortable for midfoot landings due to high drop, stiff heel, and flexible forefoot. May work well for heel strikers, which >90% of runners are.) One of the best-selling running shoes of all time has had a serious upgrade. The Mizuno Wave Rider 26 now features an extra 2mm of soft, responsive Mizuno Enerzy foam along the entire length of its midsole. Combined with a snappy new outsole, luxurious upper and a raft of recycled materials, this really is a special version of Mizuno's most iconic shoe. Available in a range of different colours, including the option of a wider fit, the Mizuno Wave Rider 26 is a shoe for everyone, for every run.

RUBY: Mizuno isn’t typically part of my shoe rotation, and I’d never given the brand a fair shot, so I was more than ready to try the Wave Rider 26. I won’t lie, I was slightly underwhelmed when I opened the box. The Mizuno Wave Rider 26 looked like any other daily trainer of the past decade, with no fanfare or added flare (or even a carbon plate). They say not to judge a book by its cover, so I laced up my shoes and headed out the door. Four miles later, I was reminded why that saying exists.The closest shoe I can compare this to is the Nike Pegasus 38. That previously would have been my go-to daily trainer but these are a viable alternative and in some areas are an improvement. I get the impression the Wave Rider 26 will be more durable and last longer making this a perfect daily trainer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment