276°
Posted 20 hours ago

KitchenCraft KCCPSPREAD Crepe Spreader, Beechwood, 24 cm , Beige

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you’re wondering whether pancakes and crêpes are the same, you've come to the right place. Made without baking powder, crêpes are the thinner, crispier, and dare we say cooler French cousin of pancakes. They’re perfect vehicles for all your favorite toppings, from the classic chocolate and banana combo to savory fillings like mushrooms and cheese. Read on for all the do’s and don’ts of shopping for a crêpe maker. When it comes to crepe spreaders, wooden options are the most popular, so I’ve included a wide selection on this list. Also, if you plan to use the crepe maker for other purposes, like frying eggs or making bacon, make sure it has enough room to get the job done. Several of the sets listed below come with a handy crepe spatula. This style looks different from a regular spatula because it is long, relatively thin, and designed specifically to support and flip your crepes.

Some crepe makers are designed with just crepes in mind, while others are meant to cook other foods, as well. Electric models will typically have a raised lip around the edge of the cooking surface to contain not only batter, but also egg yolks, juice and grease from meat, and other liquids. Consider the food you want to cook as well as the other pans and tools you have. If storage space is tight, a model that can serve double duty can be helpful. When it comes to choosing the best crepe spreader to make all your weekend brunch dreams come true, there are some things to look out for.You can make crepes in a special crepe pan or if you buy the right sized crepe spreader, then you can use whatever frying pan you already have.

But how do you choose the best crepe spreader? You want to decide on the size you need, whether you want a set that includes a special crepe spatula, if you want a wooden or stainless steel spreader, figure out what your budget is, and look for ones that are cookware safe. We found that this was super simple to operate, since there's only one heat setting and therefore no need to adjust to find the perfect temperature. It also heated incredibly fast, so there wasn't much waiting around involved. An indicator light pops on when your crepe is done cooking, which is convenient, but we found it was best to keep an eye on the batter's surface and watch for dissipated steam to determine doneness. This took about 30 to 45 seconds per crepe. Not only does this crepe pan perform on a stovetop, but it can also go into the oven up to 500 degrees. It even comes with a lifetime warranty, so while it's durable, you can rest easy knowing you're covered. Only use wooden and plastic utensils with this pan, and wash it by hand exclusively. One last thing: Those with induction cooktops, this is not the choice for you, as it is not induction-ready.Unless otherwise stated, I have chosen brands that are made from cookware-grade wood. Smoothing Pad One of my favorite things to do is to entertain. I love hosting friends and family at my home. Big Sunday dinners after church are part of my childhood, and I learned from both my mom and grandma just how much joy can come from sharing a meal with those you love. Remove from the pan immediately and fold or stuff then serve. I top mine with powdered sugar, honey, and fresh berries. Crepe spreaders can come in a variety of sizes from small to large. If you don’t have a special crepe pan, then you might want to invest in a set of crepe spreaders that has a smaller-sized option.

Crêpe pans may be specifically designed for crêpes, but they can also be used to make plenty of other flatbreads or pastries, such as pancakes, tortillas, dosas, and naan. Since crêpe pans have flat surfaces with even heat distribution, they can also double as griddles, so they’re ideal for searing steaks, cooking burgers, and even making eggs.

Leave to cook, undisturbed, for about 30-40 seconds. If the pan is the right temperature, the crêpe should turn golden underneath, start to brown at the edges and be just set on top – don’t cook it any further. While both crepes and pancakes contain many of the same ingredients, the amounts are just different enough to make the crepes a thinner batter and resulting food. Stainless steel crepe spreaders are much easier to clean since you can just pop them right in the dishwasher or soak them in the sink. They won’t rust, and they won’t get warped from being soaked or getting wet. However, if you’ve never made crepes and are thinking that you can use your regular flipper or spatula to turn them, you might end up with a bit of a mess since they aren’t designed to support the whole crepe.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment