276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NOW 100 HITS 80s No.1s

£5.875£11.75Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Since the release of Now 102 in Easter 2019, the corresponding Now album from 100 volumes ago has been re-compiled and re-issued on 2-CD sets on the same day. From 2003, and until 2010, there was one special edition released each year, covering a decade (80s, 90s and 00s), or a cross section of big hits celebrating the Now series ( Now Decades, Now Years, Now Dance) - however, from 2011, they became much more frequent, and in 2017, there were fifteen different titles released. Even though the cd reissues are flawed with album versions being used instead of single mixes and some of the sets are missing tracks they still have the ability to transport the listener back when tyrants ruled the world, fingers were on buttons and government cheese was for dinner, every night.

A triple-CD only release, Yearbook Extra: The Collectors Edition, is issued a few weeks later; these include lesser known tracks and more songs by big artists included on the main album and they are released only in standard gatefold wallet packaging. Germany gave us Goombay Dance Band with the 1982 hit, 'Seven Tears', another one hit wonder, in this country at least. This is a great collection with some songs I had not heard on CD for years it comprises 5 CD's and is great value for money I keep it in the car and it takes me back to my youth. The 4-CD series follows the same general format of the original Special Editions series, with genre, era, and decade collections, but over four compact discs (there is also an abridged vinyl version of Punk and New Wave and Rock), meaning they contain more tracks than the original special editions, but fewer than the Now 100 Hits, which preceded this series. fm, compilation album tracks appear under the name of Various Artists erroneously because the individual artist is not listed in the album's ID3 information.Grandma might be forgetting birthdays, but she'll never forget 'I'll Tumble 4 Ya' which I don't think was a single in England.

All series with the exception of United Kingdom and the United States have been discontinued, New Zealand had two more albums released as a playlist only on Spotify, South Africa had three more albums released as a playlist on Spotify under DJ Kurtis. The 1990s Yearbook series contains a new retro-90s logo design and artwork which also complements its sister decade series.I still think there's plenty more mileage in Now's Forgotten 80s series but it seems to have stalled after two releases.

You can now gorge yourself on 100 Number 1s from the decade that brought you shoulder pads, ra ra skirts and the Sony Walkman.

this arrived wrapped in celophane but once removed trying to open the five cd's was a joke, the whole thing was stuck together. Deleting this artist may remove other artists and scrobbles from your library - please handle this with caution! The original Now Dance series began in 1985 and has been released in a variety of titles, formats, and release frequency.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment