276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Opulent Musk EDP 100ml Perfume for Unisex. A fragrant, warm spicy fragrance

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is the fragrance that makes you smell like an Arabian Prince with cash to splash. The Oud is more of a Sandalwood scent, which isn't a bad thing, and is actually a good thing it blends nicely with Incense and Musk at the Bottom Notes. Like all my Lattafas, I'll let this one rest as well for a few weeks and then will test it again in the fall on both of our skins. I'm hoping it will be less sweet and suffocating in cooler weather and the cinnamon will be less dominant. My nose really gets used whith this, after one hour, I can barely smell it, although some people said that it projects and they could smell it very well. Maybe because of its linear character. Yeah, this is pretty linear.

I like my powerhouse fragrances, but Shaghaf Oud was just too much, this is a nice middle and I can wear this to the office. This can be worn all year round too, but I'd go less than 6 sprays in the summer. I don't see myself growing bored of this like I did Shaghaf Oud.Oud Mood is a very nice cologne with a much more appealing approach to oud than many of the oud colognes I have tried and already own. While the notes say it is amber forward, to my nose I get sweet booze along with wood, oud, rose and patchouli (musk) aromas. Despite the name, the oud is more of a supporting player than the lead and it works beautifully here. It's a much more pleasant oud fragrance than many of the oud forward colognes I have tested and own, with far less of the "old used tire" smell than some perceive strong oud as and drives them crazy. This gentle approach to oud also makes the fragrance unisex and it can be easily worn by women as well. Bottle: 10/10 (trust me, in real life is waaay better than in the photos, and the cap is excellent, metallic, heavy, they put great quality in their bottles) Anyway, upon opening, you are bombarded with the cinnamon bark and saffron. I hated it for the first 10 seconds, it was leaning medicinal on me. The opening is very sharp and off putting. But… give it a chance to calm down and that medicinal smell will fade. Something in this, gives it a sort of coziness in the base. The oud in the this is fresh. This oud is not funky, not medicinal or fecal. To me, the saffron,woody notes and ambergris is the most prominent in this fragrance. Opulent Musk EDP is an enchanting Eau de Perfume from the renowned brand Lattafa. This fragrance is perfect for those who want to add a luxurious and sensual dimension to their personal style. With a generous amount of 100 ml, you can enjoy this seductive scent for a long time.

It's floral, musky, definitely some funky oud and some clean citrus. I don't get that ashyness I got from the dossier one. This one to me,is way more wearable and likeable. This is a full bodied musk, but still manages to be light,and airy. This also, smells raw,real and quite natural. You're gonna have to love unique smells,and funky ouds to like this one. Whenever I buy a new fragrance, especially one that was not love at first sniff, I do this thing where I spray it either on my skin or clothes before going to bed to kind of make myself become accustomed to it and I can say, Oud mood has grown on me. Inspirat de cuvintele arabe, "Latif" care semnifică bunătate și "Lateefa" care înseamnă plăcut, Lattafa rezonează cu luxul și eleganța culturii arabe și captează în mod viu esența moștenirii sale glorioase în parfumurile sale captivante.

FAQs

I found Oud Mood to have moderate projection and silage for the first 3-6 hours, then it sits closer to skin for the duration of it's evolution. Projection Time: 10 (10+ hours), 9 (8-10 hours), 8 (6-8 hours), 7 (5-6 hours), 6 (4-5 hours), 5 (2-4 hours) I've had both Swiss Arabian's Shaghaf Oud and Lattafa's Oud Mood and I can confidently say that Oud Mood is NOT a clone of Shaghaf Oud. Since I had decanted a small portion before giving it away, I tried layering it with Red Rose from Al Rehab (for the rosy and powdery notes to help reduce the sharpness) and Choco Musk (for some added sweetness). I must say, out of all the layering attempts that I have tried while in an effort to enjoy Oud Mood, this combination is the only one that has finally helped me to it like it to a measure. I have found that it serves well as a base for other sweeter scents.

Also, my favourite combo is Oud Mood with Body Fantasy's Vanilla Fantasy because this one enhances *only* the vanilla and general sweetness as opposed to with Choco musk which enhances the spiciness as well as the sweetness. With Choco Musk I get a more vital note of spice. Caramel OUD-Y AMBER-WOODS with Rose & Saffron - Oud, amber, resins, woods & caramel envelop a rose & saffron heart complimented by an aromatic pimento note. There's also a forward ambroxan note that brings a faint petrol or rubber note along with amber-woody tones. I'm really enjoying the saffron, which is gorgeous & vibrant here and more forward than the notes would suggest. This has strong performance for year-round wear, but I would be most likely to wear this in winter as I find it a little strong for warmer months. I also have Paris Corner Magic Oud Kalimath and I really like it. Easy to wear as far as sweet oudy vanilla fragrances go. But I am still looking for a little more depth and complexity (without being nasty)... OV settles in ~30 mins but is a bigger mess initially, projects for hours (seriously), but unless I dose half a spray on each side I get a headache. I mean I do anyway, it's just tolerable. Stuff is beyond strong. I prefer this in heaps to Shaghaf because it's not too linear, it doesn't overwhelm, and you don't have to wash your clothes to apply another fragrance.

I would say if you like spicy, woody scents then give this a shot, for the price of this you really can’t go wrong, I can see why so many people enjoy it. It’s well blended, smells expensive and definitely gives off a sexual aura but it’s not the sexy perfume for me. Again, I want to smell that rose!😩 What I can smell is mainly the cedar, oud, and cinnamon bark. It’s a pretty spicy and oudy dry down for me. I think it leans masculine on me also, I don’t smell the rose in here at all which I’m very sad about because I adore rose in perfumes! The drydown is smoky,woody,musky and moderatly sweet and I get some -vanilla,patchouli,sandalwood and incense. I think this is an indulgence choice of scent. Its not really suitable for work, after the gym etc. But I could wear this to a glamorous wedding on a fabulous suit. (sigh - those days are gone).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment